BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

Afer

Most users ever online was 212 on 6/12/2017, 00:36
July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hello from new member

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Les
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Cap Badge : RASC
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Hello from new member Empty
PostSubject: Hello from new member   Hello from new member Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 01:02

I am stumbling around this site. So forgive me if some things do not turn out in good order! I left the RMA Sandhurst in Oct. 1948 and joined 11 Coy in 1950 at Wrexham Barracks in Mulheim as a Pln cdr. After several courses both long and short I was promoted to Capt and Admin Officer of the Coy. CRASC was also headquartered in the same location-2Inf. Div.Coln. Col H H Bruton commanding. The Coy OC was Maj. C.V.J.Lewis followed by Maj McCartan-Mooney.

I think I'll leave as is for now as the cocktail hour in Calif is fast approaching!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1100
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new member   Hello from new member Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 19:38

Les,

Welcome aboard I have a feeling you may be able to make some useful contributions to one of the ongoing projects concerned with the early history of BAOR based units

What Sandhurst Intake were you? I have a couple of friends who were at the RMAS in the late 40s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Les
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Cap Badge : RASC

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new member   Hello from new member Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 23:55

JPW- Good to hear from someone. I was in Intake 1A April 47 to Oct 1948, We were part of the new Sandhurst formed post war. I was also the in the first Champion Company which is now known as Sovereign's Company. After passing out I attended a junior Officers Course at the old Buller Barracks in Aldershot. I see you were with the REME-my good friend and best Man was the Captain and OC 11 Coy LAD one Capt. Keith Fossey who now resides in Alverstoke/Gosport. (Again we are approaching the witching hour! I'll return with what few details I remember of my time at Wrexham Barracks ,Mulheim0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new member   Hello from new member Icon_minitime4/10/2010, 10:18

Hi Les and welcome, you were leaving Sandhurst just as I was being born. Smile

I was RAOC, but given my trade I would have been RASC had they still existed when I joined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tony Miller
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 76
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Bielefeld,Osnabruck,Leibenau,Munsterlager

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new member   Hello from new member Icon_minitime13/10/2010, 20:46

Les wrote:
I am stumbling around this site. So forgive me if some things do not turn out in good order! I left the RMA Sandhurst in Oct. 1948 and joined 11 Coy in 1950 at Wrexham Barracks in Mulheim as a Pln cdr. After several courses both long and short I was promoted to Capt and Admin Officer of the Coy. CRASC was also headquartered in the same location-2Inf. Div.Coln. Col H H Bruton commanding. The Coy OC was Maj. C.V.J.Lewis followed by Maj McCartan-Mooney.

I think I'll leave as is for now as the cocktail hour in Calif is fast approaching!
Hi mate,
Welcome to the site. I am an ex WO1 RASC/RCT. Left the Army in 1989, sometimes I wish I was back in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new member   Hello from new member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from new member
Page 1 of 1