BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Go down 
+6
brum
Teabag
Ian Stuart Laidlaw
Dolmetscher
Shelldrake
jimsigs1
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/4/2011, 08:09

Us Aussie tax payers paid for our PM Julia Gillard, Governor General - Quentn Bryce and Ian Thorpe - swimmer, to attend, hope they enjoy the reception, even if no beer is served, as alleged.
Back to top Go down

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/4/2011, 09:11

Only champers and wine at the evening dinner from what i read.
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/4/2011, 13:33

Gordon. wrote:
Only champers and wine at the evening dinner from what i read.

That's it, I'm not going then!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/4/2011, 13:55

Nor me, Champagne gives me a terrible hangover. I've had to cut down on it of an evening. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 18:57

We've been swamped with "Royal coverage" over here leading up to The Big Day. Tons and Tons of recycled Diana documentaries and Talking Head interviews, backgrounders on Kate...but of course since she was just a nice middleclass girl, there wasn't much to background so we tend to see the same material done over and over and over, just "dressed up" differently. Did watch an interesting bit on Harry last night....looking at footage of him when he was 5 you could tell then he had bit of the devil in him!!! Not to engage in stereotypes, but he a typical redhead....bit of a brat! Although in recent years he really has appeared to have smartened up a bit and seems quite okay now....just had to go through a wild period, I suppose -- in front of international media!!!!

Now, my mom was a staunch Royalist/Monarchist. Given as I was born in 1953, Coronation Year, my Nana (mom's mom) gave my mother a coronation cup when I was christened. A few years later mom thought it'd be nice to add cups of George VI since he was King when she was growing up....gosh, so was Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor...oh cripes...so was George V....! That started it and she amassed quite a collection of Coronation Commemorative cups, then branched out into Royal Wedding Commemorative, Royal Birth Commemorative, Jubilee cups, etc. From Victoria's Silver Jube right down to the birth of William and Harry. She had something like 170 pieces and was starting to branch out into Kaiser stuff (he *was* related, after all!!!).

I'm bit pro-Monarchy myself and certainly find the minutae of Royalty interesting....who married who, where they were from, what other European lines have come into the British Royal Family etc. Not as interested in the gossipy crap of the last few years...okay, yeah, a bit!!! LOL....or what they had for breakfast type stuff, but the whole *idea* of monarchy and Royal Family is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 18:59

Stephen Lock wrote:
We've been swamped with "Royal coverage" over here leading up to The Big Day. Tons and Tons of recycled Diana documentaries and Talking Head interviews, backgrounders on Kate...but of course since she was just a nice middleclass girl, there wasn't much to background so we tend to see the same material done over and over and over, just "dressed up" differently. Did watch an interesting bit on Harry last night....looking at footage of him when he was 5 you could tell then he had bit of the devil in him!!! Not to engage in stereotypes, but he's a typical redhead....bit of a brat! Although in recent years he really has appeared to have smartened up a bit and seems quite okay now....just had to go through a wild period, I suppose -- in front of international media!!!!

Now, my mom was a staunch Royalist/Monarchist. Given as I was born in 1953, Coronation Year, my Nana (mom's mom) gave my mother a coronation cup when I was christened. A few years later mom thought it'd be nice to add cups of George VI since he was King when she was growing up....gosh, so was Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor...oh cripes...so was George V....! That started it and she amassed quite a collection of Coronation Commemorative cups, then branched out into Royal Wedding Commemorative, Royal Birth Commemorative, Jubilee cups, etc. From Victoria's Silver Jube right down to the birth of William and Harry. She had something like 170 pieces and was starting to branch out into Kaiser stuff (he *was* related, after all!!!).

I'm bit pro-Monarchy myself and certainly find the minutae of Royalty interesting....who married who, where they were from, what other European lines have come into the British Royal Family etc. Not as interested in the gossipy crap of the last few years...okay, yeah, a bit!!! LOL....or what they had for breakfast type stuff, but the whole *idea* of monarchy and Royal Family is interesting.
Back to top Go down
john mcmillan
WOI
WOI
john mcmillan

Number of posts : 125
Cap Badge : RASC/RCT
Places Served : JOINED JTR RHYL JAN 63-64l Mulhiem/Hilden 64-65/ RAF Seleta 65/RAF Kuching 66 000000000000000000 JTR RHYL JAN-DEC 1963 , YEOVL JAN-MARCH 64, 17 COY MULHIEM / 17 SQN. HILDEN , RAF SELETA NOV 65 ,, RAF KUCHING JAN - APRIL 66 ( GSM BORNEO RAAF Butterworth 66-68/RAF Changi 68 RAF Colerne/RAF Lyneham 68-70
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 19:18

Beachley Boy wrote:
Don't you blokes get too drunk at your Royal wedding street parties next Friday.

As for skinny Kate, she needs a few pork pies into her.

Are they going to Butlins for the moneymoon? cheers king

Above all, enjoy the moment.
Whats that about Kath needing a bit of "pork" in Her Shocked
Back to top Go down

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 06:25

Like in Canada, Ditto the TV and printed media full of the Royal Wedding, 7000 journos in London for the 'event.'

All getting a bit much. Broadcast live all late arvo and evening here, with the main event around 9.30pm. ON EVERY BLOODY CHANNEL !
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 08:47

Call me an old cynic (you old cynic), but does history not have a habit of repeating itself? I have great respect for HM the Queen and Prince Phillip (he doesn't take it too seriously, Les) but, in my opinion, when the aforementioned leave for Valhalla that should be the end of it. The next several in line don't have the dedication, gravitas and most importantly the credibility to carry on from where she left off.

Brian
Back to top Go down
john mcmillan
WOI
WOI
john mcmillan

Number of posts : 125
Cap Badge : RASC/RCT
Places Served : JOINED JTR RHYL JAN 63-64l Mulhiem/Hilden 64-65/ RAF Seleta 65/RAF Kuching 66 000000000000000000 JTR RHYL JAN-DEC 1963 , YEOVL JAN-MARCH 64, 17 COY MULHIEM / 17 SQN. HILDEN , RAF SELETA NOV 65 ,, RAF KUCHING JAN - APRIL 66 ( GSM BORNEO RAAF Butterworth 66-68/RAF Changi 68 RAF Colerne/RAF Lyneham 68-70
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 08:58

I think You got that right Shelldrake, its all hype its the media that make a big thing of it most people here aren't bothered Cool
Back to top Go down

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 10:29

Got to agree with that..
Back to top Go down
Dolmetscher
WOI
WOI
Dolmetscher

Number of posts : 130
Cap Badge : RAPC
Places Served : Devizes, HMS Ariel, Winchester, Mönchen-gladbach, Osnabrück, N. Ireland, Ashton-u-Lyne
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 13:53

I agree. As far as I am concerned, the younger members of the 'firm' have brought the Royal Family into disrepute.
No gravitas, whatever. In particular, Prince Andrew, mixing with low-life. How can they expect respect from the public?
Back to top Go down
http://www.artus-familyhistory.com
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 15:10

I wish them a long and contented marriage. But the precedents in the form of Will`s parents, his Uncle Andrew, his Aunt Anne and his Great Aunt Margaret do not auger well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Age - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations :: General-
Jump to: