BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 212 on 6/12/2017, 00:36
July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Get yer kit, they need us.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Get yer kit, they need us. Empty
PostSubject: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 16:18

1500 Hrs Hereford on Wednesday chaps. Brum is I/C Transport.

The SAS is facing a recruitment crisis because soldiers are too over-stretched to apply to join the elite regiment, a senior Army commander has warned.

In a leaked letter seen by The Daily Telegraph, the head of the infantry Brigadier Richard Dennis said the "unrelentingly demanding" operations in Afghanistan were combining to "mitigate against Special Forces recruitment".

He added that the SAS was also losing its unique status within the armed forces as "interesting operations are no longer seen as the preserve of Special Forces".

The paper said it understood that the SAS - which has planned a key role in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as in anti-terrorist operation - had a one third shortage of its front line strength.

Although details of SAS wounded statistics are secret, it is said to have suffered similarly high casualty rates to some other Army units - including an incident last year in Afghanistan when eight soldiers were badly injured in a single attack.

Writing to the head of the Army General Sir Peter Wall, Brig Dennis said he had deep concerns over the "challenge of fully manning the SAS" and that urgent action was needed to improve the "depth and quality" of potential recruits.

He quoted the commander of 22 Special Air Service Regiment as saying that there was an "understandable need for more youthful, quality volunteers".

Brig Dennis added: "I am content, notwithstanding the need to avoid any complacency, that the infantry community delivers sufficient officer and soldier volunteers to Selection. I am less confident about how we guarantee better depth of quality to increase selection pass rates. Indeed, for any measure to be successful you might consider that Army action is essential if we are to increase selection success and the enduring quality of our SF (Special Forces) community."

Brig Dennis added that many soldiers were apprehensive about applying to join the SAS as "fear of failure remains acute" and suggested commanders should "talent spot and nurture" potential recruits.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "We do not normally comment on SF matters and we can see no reason to change that policy on this occasion."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 16:45

Oh f*ck!!I was just getting my feet up.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 16:54

[quote="Teabag"]1500 Hrs Hereford on Wednesday chaps. Brum is I/C Transport.

o6oo, outside my gaff. Bedford laid on.

Don't forget to bring your truss chaps ! geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 17:53

Got room for my Zimmer????? It`s got wheels, Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3027
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 18:27

I'm already in the SAS Reserve. Special Accommodation Services. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Get yer kit, they need us. 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 20:03

sorry chaps busy on Saturdays And Sundays got a roast to cook !!! good luck and TTFN be thinking of you sitting in the airport lounge disguised in your Arad Dish Dash and your dark shades, no doubt see you on the BBC news "DO YOU KNOW THESE SUSPICIOUS LOOKING OAPs,. By then and please write soon lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 20:24

"john boy" wrote:
sorry chaps busy on Saturdays And Sundays got a roast to cook !!! good luck and TTFN be thinking of you sitting in the airport lounge disguised in your Arad Dish Dash and your dark shades, no doubt see you on the BBC news "DO YOU KNOW THESE SUSPICIOUS LOOKING OAPs,. By then and please write soon lol!

Tsk! Youngsters today. Ideal candidates for the SAS us. Simple And Stupid. Must be a big roast or you are a lousey cook to take two days to do it. Better be Halal beef (or goat).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 20:41

Teabag wrote:
"john boy" wrote:

Tsk! Youngsters today. Ideal candidates for the SAS us. Simple And Stupid. Must be a big roast or you are a lousey cook to take two days to do it. Better be Halal beef (or goat).

Feeding of the 5000 it's Easter ,cooking Ostrich by the way(thanks for calling me young ! cheers mate) your welcome to come to the BBQ lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 21:32

If you guys need some packed lunches doing let me know, all taste catered for!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 08:27

It's Haversack Rations, and only if they come with a bar of Tiffin. Kids today,eh? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 11:02

I think the answer is to get "john boy" to go under cover in the enemy camps and cook for them..If he is up to normal ACC standard our problems are solved and i can get me feet up again, lol!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 12:33

I will make sure to bring my cook book with me it's called "chuck it all in and slop to-gether" Do I need a chit-in lieu for my going under the covers. Sir's I will endeavour to do my best whilst on operations and to uphold the honour of this forum. drunken lol! Now I'm off to the pub call me when you need me drunken drunken drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brum
FM
FM

Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 13:27

I'm saying nowt about the old ACC.

Shrewsbury's a bit close to me ! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 15:40

Got my ammo, surplus compo of Ebay. : when I get to where ever it is I am going I'm going to throw it at them those tins of processed cheese don't half come sharp when they hit you . where am I going by the way??? scratch lol! : Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 20:16

"john boy" wrote:
Got my ammo, surplus compo of Ebay. : when I get to where ever it is I am going I'm going to throw it at them those tins of processed cheese don't half come sharp when they hit you . where am I going by the way??? scratch lol! : Basketball

Now come on, Remember your training, He who cooks, kills (eventually). Loose lips suck chips!

Look just bring gear for a hot sandy place and leave your bible at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 21:27

Teabag wrote:
"john boy" wrote:

Now come on, Remember your training, He who cooks, kills (eventually). Loose lips suck chips!

Look just bring gear for a hot sandy place and leave your bible at home.

Bondi beach here I come sunny farao lol! I'm packing my budgie smugglers right now sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 03:46

"john boy" wrote:
If you guys need some packed lunches doing let me know, all taste catered for!!!! lol!

Seen on a barrack room notice board
" Who called the Cook a barsteward?,cause that barsteward is no cook"
Laughing
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 10:46

gallahad wrote:
"john boy" wrote:

Seen on a barrack room notice board
" Who called the Cook a barsteward?,cause that barsteward is no cook"
Laughing

We are the silent killers,choking&poisoning a speciality lol! In actual fact I did a stint as barsteward for a period of 28 days punishment for not reading part one orders (12hrs late for guard duty) hay ho better than 28 days RPs & CB it was good fun even the RSM bought me a few drinks. Made a fortune too but that is another story cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 13:43

Shelldrake wrote:
It's Haversack Rations, and only if they come with a bar of Tiffin. Kids today,eh? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

HAVERSACK RATIONS / LUNCH BOX
£1.79 plus V.A.T. / £ 27.86 inc V.A.T.
1x cornbeef sarni / 2x smoked salmon sandwich with cucumber if desired

2xoatmeal block / cheese board with crackers/fresh bread /grapes
1x cracker and lump of cheese / choice of fruit (exotic) pineapple/mango/ kiwi
1x apple subject to conditions / Red / White wine(Officers Only) Complimentary chocolates on orders over £50.00

lunch box comes with ice pack . Which one do you prefer Sir? scratch lol!
One weeks notice on all items in the haversack

Sorry out of Tiffin
affraid
Lunch boxes made by Fortnum&Masons/ with silverware
Haversacks by CO/OP plastic knife& fork

Last edited by "john boy" on 27/4/2011, 14:55; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 14:15

WHAT, no bloody TIFFIN! In that case I shall have the Cockroaches that were obligatory with the Guards Supper, if you don't mind. Rolling Eyes

Brian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 14:22

Shelldrake wrote:
WHAT, no bloody TIFFIN! In that case I shall have the Cockroaches that were obligatory with the Guards Supper, if you don't mind. Rolling Eyes

Brian

Do you require any condiments with your supper or will that be all if so £10.99 + V.A.T. + TIP thankyou SIR. lol!
flash notice from 2IC tiffin on the way cheers
Just putting together a packed lunch for William& Kate they just phoned need it for Saturday but I'm stuck on a few items any suggestions I've come down with brain blank pale

Tiffin has arrived cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 21:31

"john boy" wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:

Brian

Do you require any condiments with your supper or will that be all if so £10.99 + V.A.T. + TIP thankyou SIR. lol!
flash notice from 2IC tiffin on the way cheers
Just putting together a packed lunch for William& Kate they just phoned need it for Saturday but I'm stuck on a few items any suggestions I've come down with brain blank pale

Tiffin has arrived cheers

Could try roast loin of Scots Guard. Useful for something at last!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 08:39

Do we have an admin who can get rid of this sh*t?
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 09:25

Before I could say "Ayup, the Chink's back" . . . there he was - gone !

Well done that man ! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 16:55

Talking rations, cha & such...... We were innocents on our first 4 day scheme, locked in the back of the office truck, a DIY construction on the back of a QL Bedford. The rear door opened outwards, the tailgate held it shut, health & safety would have done their nut. One of the Sigs needed a leak, next halt was an hour away, there was only a small window opening in the matchboarding beside the back door. He climbed on the table which ran along each side of the truck. No way. Window was too high, Signaller's equipment was too short. It was a giggle, watching his antics, but we, too, were becoming desperate.

"Look for an old compo tin" advised the bombardier "We can fill it & chuck it out the window". No luck. "Who's got a mugs enamel ?" No volunteers. "There's this" said one, dragging a box from under the bench. He opened it to reveal silverware and wine glasses stowed there for a special dinner in the field for the officers which the Battery Captain had secretly organised to give the BC a final send off before retirement in a week's time. ........ it was National Service days, that sort of thing was hardly tactical but it could happen...... All six of us took a glass, filled it, chucked the contents through the window and repeated the exercise until bladders were empty.

There was no chance to give glasses anything more than a quick wipe down with a bit of hessian scrim, the box of implements was dragged off the truck by one of Andy Clyde's Commandos as soon as we pulled into a hide. There was some satisfaction in watching the group wining and dining in a hurricane lamp lit glade whilst we feasted on compo in our slit trenches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get yer kit, they need us.   Get yer kit, they need us. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get yer kit, they need us.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations :: General - Non-BAOR-
Jump to: