BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 2 Bots

brian beckett

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Wedding related.

Go down 
+13
pinky
cartav
steve jones
gingerjim
Stephen Lock
Hardrations
jimsigs1
john mcmillan
"john boy"
Teabag
Shelldrake
woody
brum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Wedding related. - Page 7 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Wedding related. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 15:34

[quote="Beachley Boy"]
Gordon. wrote:
I only heard of Gluten in the past couple of years.I noticed at a party that a neighbour was not eating and when i asked her why.i got the whole story of Coeliac Disease.

Thanks Gordon, CD it hit my immune system last September, lost 30 kg. Just finished a 6 week course of Steroids, has helped the small bowel, now on gluten free diet for life. No beer, no real bread, no real bikkies, no pork pies, well you can drink it/eat..Wheat, Barley, Oats Rye, but you will be sick for days and it can kill you. affraid You heard the story at the party, all true old son. Evil or Very Mad
But I can eat the ALDI BRATWURST - Gluten free ! cheers

One is born with the CD genes, hits people at different ages, babies to old buggers. In the 1st World, 1 in 500 people have the disease. I got the severe villous atrophy with it too. Google that one. Hence my travel plans now, get stuck in, while I can. Basketball

Where is our Resident WO Caterer..Ginger..I need some some gluten free recipies old son.

there you go my Aussie friend (I have just started new security job 13hr night shift) that's why I have not been on line

http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/FishHD/grilled_scallops____h____15mins.htm
http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/FishHD/baked_oysters_caprice___________.htm
http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/Specials%20and%20Holidays/Special%20Diets%20Allergies/dairy_free_salmon_mousse__cd__hd.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 15:47

Why is a slop jockey doing security work??

I dread to think what sort of comments will come out of this.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 16:28

Just sitting here contemplating what I could write to add to the refined discourse already in flow when, with a roar of Rolls Royce Merlin engines, a Lancaster flew over.

The bomber was flying north west, in the direction of "Manchestoh". This is like something from "Dr Strangelove".

Teabag, what have you DONE ? ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 16:35

[quote="Beachley Boy"]

No beer, no real bread, no real bikkies, no pork pies, well you can drink it/eat..Wheat, Barley, Oats Rye, but you will be sick for days and it can kill you. affraid You heard the story at the party, all true old son. Evil or Very Mad
But I can eat the ALDI BRATWURST - Gluten free ! cheers

I noticed in a local supermarket, a couple of days ago, that they stocked gluten free beer mate. Strong stuff too !

If we have it here I'm sure it must be in your part of the world as well.

No beer ? Too miserable a scenario to contemplate !

Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 18:56

brum wrote:

Just sitting here contemplating what I could write to add to the refined discourse already in flow when, with a roar of Rolls Royce Merlin engines, a Lancaster flew over.

The bomber was flying north west, in the direction of "Manchestoh". This is like something from "Dr Strangelove".

Teabag, what have you DONE ? ! Shocked

Contacts dear boy, contacts! Laughing
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/7/2011, 19:19

had some lovely bratwurst from aldis yesterday , went down a treat , ginger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 00:38

Thanks for the menus Chef John Boy. And as for gluten free beer, yes it is available here, for $75 a carton of 24x 375ml bottles. (O'Briens) A rip off. (Regular beer is around $35 a carton of 24x 375ml bottles.)

I used to brew my own beer, might get back to it.

Now I drink Cider and vino. Laughing To wash down the Aldi Bratwurst. bounce
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 08:37

That Aldi spreads his wings far & wide ! I've never given them a try for Bratwurst, must get the Zimmer frame out & hobble down the road........... I remember you've got to watch them on the cheap booze, though. Nothing wrong with the stuff or prices, but they put the cost on the end of the shelf above the bottle, not below. Thought £ 3.50 was a bit of a bargain for 750cc of brandy......

Last Bratwurst was back end of last year. There was a German Christmas market in the town centre, aroma of Bratwurst drifted across, must have one. Big blonde behind the counter, all dressed up in Tracht ( that Bavarian fancy kit), thought I'd treat her to my best Deutsch.
"Woher kommen Sie?". Quick as a flash she answered "Yer wot? Sorry mate, I'm from Birmingham".

$35 for 375cc bottles ? What's that in Deutsch Marks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 08:55

What a carry on about a humble sausage Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 10:51

Back to bishops & actresses Gordon! Nowt humble about a Bratwurst, the King of
sausages. Beats that haggis stuff any day! Reminds me of another of my stories....
first time I'd had haggis & enjoyed it. I was working in Fifeshire, got involved with a TA lad,
who invited me to a "Burnses Supper" in a local SNCO's mess. ( Wee slicket timorous chieftain of the pudding race & all that).

Good stuff, between every four of us were eight tins of what passes for strong ale north of Newcastle & a bottle of Scotch. As soon as one was finished, more appeared. Chap next to me concluded I wasn't a local, asked if I was driving that night. I wasn't, the hotel was close by.
"Doesn't matter ", he said,"........ you'd no get lifted tonight if you were. The police have had instructions". I asked how he could be so sure. " Easy !" he said, "I'm the Chief Constable"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 11:03

How much salt should i take that with Dave?I don`t think a pinch would cover it lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 11:24

Gordon. wrote:
How much salt should i take that with Dave?I don`t think a pinch would cover it lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 12:10

Gordon, sir! I am aggrieved that the veracity of my word should be questioned.
I would categorically affirm that my last post is a true account of events to which I was party except, maybe, for two items which may have been exaggerated with the aim of maintaining the readers' interest. These are as follows :-

1. The haggis was OK, but to claim it was totally enjoyable may have been over the top.

2. My informant from the constabulary may have said he was " The chief of Police" rather
than the "Chief Constable". This would indicate some control over a very localised
area, near to the Drillhall, rather than over the whole of Fifeshire.

As the injured party, I shall instruct my seconds to call upon you within the next few days.
Undoubtedly the choice of weapons is mine. For you I select the small Highland targe
and dirk, I shall be armed with the much derided SA80 which will even things up.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 12:39

Gordon, my services are at you disposal! (Just got to clear it with the wife first).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/7/2011, 22:37

Oh!!!FMOBs not another duel...?
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime18/7/2011, 11:31

Gordon. wrote:
Oh!!!FMOBs not another duel...?

Do WHAT to your old boots ?

Is that another old Scottish custom ? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime18/7/2011, 14:01

Only in the lambing season Brum.... Wink
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime18/7/2011, 16:07

It's the fault of you lot......... you keep reminding me of long lost folk tales.........

An Aussie sheep herder carries a ewe into where his wife is in bed, half asleep.
He says " This is the pig I sleep with when you've got a headache"... The wife opens one eye and returns "I think you'll find that's sheep". He says " And I think you'll find I wasn't talking to you ".

Sorry Beachley Boy !

Now if anyone can find a good enough reason why all of this should be printed under "Wedding Related", I'll close down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime18/7/2011, 17:40

Outside the lambing season it`s a case of Wedding related. - Page 7 Welsh a bit liike the Welsh,Scousers and Cheshireites lol!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 15:46

Gordon. wrote:
Why is a slop jockey doing security work??

I dread to think what sort of comments will come out of this.. Laughing

Gordon my fine Scottish friend my eyes are peeled looking for signs of trouble with my wooden spoon and spatula at the ready so if there is trouble I will lock myself in my little hut call the police sit and wait cooking up some grub!!! conflict management I'm not stupid Wedding related. - Page 7 Cartoon_chef_01
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 16:15

I thought it might be a bit like Rentokill....Put down food and hope the intruders eat it..
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 16:20

Gordon. wrote:
Outside the lambing season it`s a case of Wedding related. - Page 7 Welsh a bit liike the Welsh,Scousers and Cheshireites lol!

I did read somewhere that Farmers in Wales were adopting the Kilt, apparently the Sheep have got wise to the sound of the zip.
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 17:00

Gordon. wrote:
I thought it might be a bit like Rentokill....Put down food and hope the intruders eat it..

Not a bad idea that
Idea lol!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 18:37

cartav wrote:
It's the fault of you lot......... you keep reminding me of long lost folk tales.........

An Aussie sheep herder carries a ewe into where his wife is in bed, half asleep.
He says " This is the pig I sleep with when you've got a headache"... The wife opens one eye and returns "I think you'll find that's sheep". He says " And I think you'll find I wasn't talking to you ".

Sorry Beachley Boy !

Now if anyone can find a good enough reason why all of this should be printed under "Wedding Related", I'll close down.

Well, there is a certain....uhmm...conjugal angle to the above, so I suppose if one sidled a bit to the right and craned your neck, one could almost see how it related to "Wedding Related".... Laughing And the Duke and Duchess do reside in Wales now, after all....oh dear, is that "incoming" I hear???
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime20/7/2011, 19:14

Be called divorce related by the time this thread is over!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding related.   Wedding related. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wedding related.
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next