BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
» re user names
Yesterday at 12:46 by KrisT

» BAOR Bank Notes
Yesterday at 11:41 by KrisT

» Walter Mittys.
23/9/2017, 14:27 by KrisT

» Summer Camp.
21/9/2017, 22:28 by KrisT

» Kenneth Morrison 1st Batallion Royal Fusiliers Liverpool
20/9/2017, 12:55 by Frances Boyd

» German Grub!!
19/9/2017, 21:16 by KrisT

» Skinny dipping
19/9/2017, 21:04 by KrisT

» RAF Scharfoldendorf
19/9/2017, 13:12 by eMeS

» Thurkettle
17/9/2017, 19:56 by KrisT

» Newton Abbot
17/9/2017, 19:05 by KrisT

» BMH Re-visited
17/9/2017, 14:40 by KrisT

» Hobart Barracks - Detmold
17/9/2017, 14:31 by KrisT

» Trying to locate / identify forces club in post WWII Berlin
14/9/2017, 17:34 by steve

» Memory Lane
10/9/2017, 15:26 by Dee Z

» Help, WW2 BOAR, Which unit did my grandfather belong to?
8/9/2017, 18:23 by Rocky

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JT

PostSubject: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   23/1/2008, 00:00

I remember one horrific incident (horrific in the 'Christ I need to shit right now' sense as opposed to the macabre), when some twat put laxxies in the range stew dixxy. They didn't take effect for around 2 hours, by which time my troop were haring down the battle run. I literally shit myself in my cab. I had to flick on the safety switch to stop the co-ax, open my hatch and slide out down the glacis plate and then fight my coveralls off. I wasn't the only person risking his life for a dump that day. As I looked over to the Tp Sgt's panzer, all four of them were out and down the side.

Strangley enough, I miss Hohne ranges. I have absolutely no idea why.
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   24/1/2008, 10:51

Someone did that on an exercise "Ice Breaker" back in '73 JT, either that or the food was just plain poison. Took the whole Bde HQ out for 48 hours.

Not a fun time, out in the woods in January at -4C
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donald
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 156
Cap Badge : 1st The Royal Dragoons - The Blues and Royals (RHG/D)
Places Served : UK,BOAR,Egypt
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   25/6/2008, 14:28

I've had some times up on the Hohne ranges,and as a gunnery instructor my hearing suffered accordingly.As we are on the subject of "stews" remember once,self being an expert on wood mushrooms,I collected a box of Pfifferling,considered a delicacy here,had the cook put 'em in the stew,the boys said "whats that in the stew"?,having been told all refused to eat as they reckoned it would poisen them.I think they were surprised to see
me on the firing point the next day,the stew was delicious but only the cook and I ate it!
----
Don
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smudge333
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-09-04

PostSubject: Re: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   4/9/2016, 20:30

Talking of army stews which were not always bad, especially on a scheme in feb/march
A certain l/col Algae sent main cookhouse in hohne to start prep for stew and was caught
Boiling his under pants in a pot next to other items on cooker, senior cook Sgt physically punched him to floor and also put him on a charge , whilst serving on hot plate at mealtime
A certain sapper Jones pulled him across hot plate and broke his nose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2992
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   6/9/2016, 12:50

Unusual for a cook to be washing his smalls, maybe it was "Johnboy"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1026
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   7/9/2016, 04:43

When I first went into cooking, I remember the instructor saying, " One does NOT do their laundry in the kitchen pots". Time went on, never saw it in the Army. Get to running the bake shop in Stony Mt. Pen and I come in one day and had to enquire WHO was the supreme A** H*** boing his whites in the steam kettle. Great big Indian lad who incidentally made very good bannock. So we had a heart to heart talk about sanitation and other interests. He was a good lad and smartened up.

I remember in the Sinai Desert our dohbie man boiled the snot out of our Indian bush. Hard on it, but clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew   

Back to top Go down

When some bugger puts laxitives in the range stew
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1