BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Ich bin ein Kraut

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 783
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   28/6/2011, 21:43

Shot one over........ time of flight figures one second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   29/6/2011, 12:37

I was visiting, with the Fraulein. As usual, having been on the road for an hour or so, she had withdrawal symptoms, couldn't go another Km. without Kaffee und Kuchen. We pulled in at a golf course.

I'd an urge to leg stretch, she fancied the shops in the nearby town. Not quite an impasse for I'd found I could hire a set of clubs & a trolley, she was happy to be left without a griping male in tow whilst she tried and rejected numerous items of clothing. I was grateful to play solo rather than being paired with a local, for over there, they compete, expect to win, and I might have let the side down.

I suppose I'd done about four holes, the greenkeepers were working around the next green, but weren't in the way. Eventually I put the ball somewhere near the flag and walked over with a putter to sink it. Ten paces on the green, almost in the middle, four sprinklers sited around the perimeter burst into life. Now well soaked, language was unrestrained, pure Brit Barrackroom. Sprinklers stopped at once, top greenkeeper approached almost timidly. "Are you English, mate?" he said, the accent was Brummie, but understandable. I confirmed that was so. " Terribly sorry ! We thought you were a Kraut !"

We had a giggle, shared a fag. Apparently a lot of Brit golf course staff and pros go over to Germany. This lot I'd met weren't too happy with the members of the club, they were almost expected to doff caps & bow if one came into sight. An occasional wetting restores morale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   29/6/2011, 17:12

Wouldn't doff my cap to anyone, Kraut or Brit especially the golfing fraternity. Slavery was abolished a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 16:41

Teabag wrote:
Wouldn't doff my cap to anyone, Kraut or Brit especially the golfing fraternity. Slavery was abolished a long time ago.

Come off it ! Bet you loved the Army in spite of its 3-tier dining & sleeping arrangements; a requirement to salute the uniform, if not the man; everyone, and especially those at the bottom of the heap, being available 24/7 to carry out chores & often incomprehensible tasks without questioning reasons too much, or to be shipped to foreign parts, split up from home & family, etc., etc. and maybe, be ordered to kill some poor chuff with whom you have no personal animosity.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 17:19

cartav wrote:
Teabag wrote:

Come off it ! Bet you loved the Army in spite of its 3-tier dining & sleeping arrangements; a requirement to salute the uniform, if not the man; everyone, and especially those at the bottom of the heap, being available 24/7 to carry out chores & often incomprehensible tasks without questioning reasons too much, or to be shipped to foreign parts, split up from home & family, etc., etc. and maybe, be ordered to kill some poor chuff with whom you have no personal animosity.

I'm not talking army but civvy street. I volunteered for the army and half knew what I was getting into.

Come the revolution, I'll be doffing my rifle to the barstewards and shouting whose the oik now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 18:19

Teabag wrote:
cartav wrote:
Teabag wrote:

I'm not talking army but civvy street. I volunteered for the army and half knew what I was getting into.

Come the revolution, I'll be doffing my rifle to the barstewards and shouting whose the oik now?

NOW I know who you remind me of !

That Kenny Everett character, wearing a bowler & business suit having a rave and beating the shite out of the TV camera.

When he turns round he's wearing black panties and sussies ! Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 19:50

Brum....Are you implying that Teabag is a cross dresser? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 19:52

Gordon. wrote:
Brum....Are you implying that Teabag is a cross dresser? Embarassed

Absolutely livid mate ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 20:12

brum wrote:
Teabag wrote:
cartav wrote:
Teabag wrote:

NOW I know who you remind me of !

That Kenny Everett character, wearing a bowler & business suit having a rave and beating the shite out of the TV camera.

When he turns round he's wearing black panties and sussies ! Razz Very Happy

Black? Do you think I am some kind of Pervert? Always virginal white mate!

P.S. Everett being gay was not a problem, Everett openly supporting the bitch and her party was!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   30/6/2011, 23:28

Aw shucks Teabag....I am so very glad that you are NEARLYnormal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   1/7/2011, 19:24

dodgy lot ere aint they ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   9/7/2011, 18:15

gingerjim wrote:
are you trying to tell me adolph hitler could have been my oncle, ve haf vays ov silencing du.

Not being familiar with your genealogy, I couldn't say....but keep in mind Uncle Adolph was Austrian, not German.

That being said, it remains a fact what constitutes "English/British" is, at least in part, made up of ancient Germanic influences, with Nordic/Viking, French (although probably not Frankish), Celtic in the mix as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Kraut   9/7/2011, 19:04

0yvey
Back to top Go down