BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Fire power demo Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Fire power demo Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Fire power demo Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Fire power demo Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Fire power demo Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Fire power demo Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Fire power demo Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Fire power demo Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Fire power demo Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Fire power demo Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Fire power demo Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Fire power demo Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Fire power demo Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Fire power demo Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Fire power demo Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fire power demo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Fire power demo Empty
PostSubject: Fire power demo   Fire power demo Icon_minitime22/6/2011, 20:43

Can't remember where I was when I did part one of this but never mind !

Part 2

There we all were on our grassy mound waiting for hell to open up. We'd just watched some radar controlled AA guns tracking an aircraft and were idly watching a battery of Abbots (SP guns) deploying to our right front.

The PA drew our attention back to AA guns and amid a lot of squeaky-voiced orders, into view ran a crowd of little people in battledress. It transpired that these kids were cadets and they proceded to get aboard the guns.

A group of target tanks were indicated and we were told that the cadets were going to engage them. Our thoughts and comments can be imagined at this point but after a few more squeaky fire orders the first gun opened fire.

Three rounds were fired (bang bang bang !) followed by three hits, (clank clank clank !). Superior smirks were starting to fade from our faces now. The other guns joined in and every round fired hit its target. It must be mentioned that these guns made a hell of a "crack" when they fired and when they had all finished firing there was a moment of stunned silence.

I don't remember who those kids were but somebody had trained them well. The whole audience gave them a round of applause.

Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Fire power demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire power demo   Fire power demo Icon_minitime22/6/2011, 20:52

brum wrote:

Can't remember where I was when I did part one of this but never mind !

Part 2

There we all were on our grassy mound waiting for hell to open up. We'd just watched some radar controlled AA guns tracking an aircraft and were idly watching a battery of Abbots (SP guns) deploying to our right front.

The PA drew our attention back to AA guns and amid a lot of squeaky-voiced orders, into view ran a crowd of little people in battledress. It transpired that these kids were cadets and they proceded to get aboard the guns.

A group of target tanks were indicated and we were told that the cadets were going to engage them. Our thoughts and comments can be imagined at this point but after a few more squeaky fire orders the first gun opened fire.

Three rounds were fired (bang bang bang !) followed by three hits, (clank clank clank !). Superior smirks were starting to fade from our faces now. The other guns joined in and every round fired hit its target. It must be mentioned that these guns made a hell of a "crack" when they fired and when they had all finished firing there was a moment of stunned silence.

I don't remember who those kids were but somebody had trained them well. The whole audience gave them a round of applause.

Bet it was a set up. Our Brigadier's son was in the cadets and I had to take them all out in my 432 for a cabby once. They put a Gazelle helicopter at their disposal as well. Us waste money? Never!
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Fire power demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire power demo   Fire power demo Icon_minitime22/6/2011, 23:19

Verily Teabag, thou art a child of the Age of Cynicism !

There was no setup, grown men could not speak in such falsetto tones, (unless the manager of the local Little Chef had his gonads in a death grip of course !)

Here's me, trying to get things back to subjects BAOR and you're pouring scorn on it.

(SIGH !) Children can be SO cruel ! Sad
Back to top Go down

Fire power demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire power demo   Fire power demo Icon_minitime23/6/2011, 07:08

Would that be allowed in to day`s world Brum?Health and safety anf all that.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Fire power demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire power demo   Fire power demo Icon_minitime23/6/2011, 09:03

Teabag does have a point. I remember when I was in Gutersloh the MGRAs Son was coming home from "Uni for the Hols" and Daddy thought that it would be a good idea if he learned to drive during that period. The nearest Gnr unit (me) had the honour of supplying a Landrover and Instructor, I think the CO rejected about 4 that had been painted, dismantled, remantled and presented for his inspection before he finally settled on one befitting the MGRAs Son. Don't think that would happen nowadays. (The CO went on to be a Brigadier).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire power demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire power demo   Fire power demo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire power demo
Page 1 of 1