BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

ACR-alot of bureaucracy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trish1303
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 9
Places Served : Warminster,Bulford,Paderborn...as a spouse
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: ACR-alot of bureaucracy   23/12/2011, 10:29

Since I been in this forum back in 2009 I found little information about my grandad Joseph Hughan who used to serve as a civi around 1970 in Hobart Barracks,fixing helicopters.I have been intouch with several offices now and believe the information I got should be enough to get his service records.I have a few questions thou unanswered as I am lost in bureaucracy right now.It gives me two different options to apply for his records.One is the Freedom of Information Act and the other is immediate next of kin.The question that noone, not even the embassy seems to be able to answer me is, is a grandaughter classed as an immediate next of kin?It seems all kinda crazy to me cos right now I get the feeling that granchildren got no rights!I was hoping that someone may be able to answer me that question!Hoping for some replies.
Merry christmas to u all!
Trish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Les Pattenden
Col
Col

Number of posts : 473
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Aldershot, Marchwood, Longmoor, Dusseldorf,Munster,Ratingen,Longmoor
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: ACR-alot of bureaucracy   23/12/2011, 12:17

I do know that when dealing with Wills etc they go back as far as Grand Parents, hopefully you will find it's the same the other way round, good luck, And also wishing you HAPPY CHRISTMAS santa santa rendeer rendeer

Les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: ACR-alot of bureaucracy   26/12/2011, 19:03

Even under the FOI Act you would need to prove a relationship. If You can prove you are a surviving direct relation, by virtue of your parents being deceased you have a right to the information. You would however need proof of relationship by way of birth/marrage/death certificates, and this sometimes proves problematic!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACR-alot of bureaucracy   

Back to top Go down

ACR-alot of bureaucracy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1