BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
punishment Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
punishment Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
punishment Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
punishment Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
punishment Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
punishment Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
punishment Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
punishment Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
punishment Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
punishment Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
punishment Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
punishment Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
punishment Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
punishment Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
punishment Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

punishment

Go down 
+3
pete26
cartav
"john boy"
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
punishment 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

punishment Empty
PostSubject: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 08:41

Close to everyone's heart I'm sure
What are the really outrageous form of punishment that you guys have come across in your time .... I know about sweeping the paving slabs with a tooth brush... or washing the coal... its the really daft one and the not to sadistic one as well... Get typing guys
punishment Fp
Back to top Go down

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 10:50

Brum`s going to have a field day here Laughing
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
punishment 890-95

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 12:20

Gordon. wrote:
Brum`s going to have a field day here Laughing

Let's hope so lol!
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 17:30

"john boy" wrote:

Can't be our lot.......... There aren't enough spokes on the wheel of that cannon & that's a funny cap badge for Gunners............

Can't add much about punishment, but when one of our lot had three days' CB
for a fairly minor indiscretion, he shared reporting at the Main Gate with his twin brother, who, to some extent had a bit to do with the original problem. Both used one set of immaculate kit and both got stuck in to the preparation............

It's very quiet out there......... Has everyone been washed away in the floods ?
Hullo Charlie Charlie I spell Bravo Alpha Oscar Romeo. Signals over.....
Back to top Go down
pete26
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 209
Cap Badge : R.E.
Places Served : Farnborough, Hohne, Ulster, Berchtesgaden,Chatham..
Registration date : 2012-04-29

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 19:54

ROPs , spud bashing and other cookhouse fatigues.

Extra guard duties were thrown about like confetti. Which if you were a pad caused havoc.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime10/7/2012, 20:33

"john boy" wrote:
What are the really outrageous form of punishment that you guys have come across in your time .... I know about sweeping the paving slabs with a tooth brush... or washing the coal... its the really daft one and the not to sadistic one as well... Get typing guys
punishment Fp

Why is that man tied to a paddle steamer ?
There's a strong smell of KY jelly round here !
Where is this egg banjo mechanic getting all these pictures anyway ?
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 08:25

Brum
Quote :
!
Where is this egg banjo mechanic getting all these pictures anyway ?

When I used to hand out the mail at the first gathering after luncheon, one of the old & bold NS lads used to throw a wobbly if his Tiger Tim's Weekly hadn't arrived from home. Guess this is the sort of thing he lusted after.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 09:50

"john boy" wrote:
punishment Fp

I think the worst punishment that I ever suffered was when I was sentenced to 28 days detention. During that period it was compulsory to eat in the Cookhouse. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
pete26
Capt
Capt

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 17:33

Shelldrake wrote:
"john boy" wrote:
punishment Fp

I think the worst punishment that I ever suffered was when I was sentenced to 28 days detention. During that period it was compulsory to eat in the Cookhouse. affraid affraid

Has it not been always compulsory to eat in the cookhouse ? IMHO cookhouse grub was pretty good.

Just before I came out into 'civvie street' I was an RP at the main Hohne guard room. Apart from marching the lads for their meals, we also used to sneak them into our Squadron bar for a couple of pints before locking them up for the night after their evening showers.

Of course, we had to check who the duty officer was beforehand to make sure we wouldn't get caught.
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
punishment 890-95

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 17:45

pete26 wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:
"john boy" wrote:
punishment Fp

Has it not been always compulsory to eat in the cookhouse ? IMHO cookhouse grub was pretty good.

Just before I came out into 'civvie street' I was an RP at the main Hohne guard room. Apart from marching the lads for their meals, we also used to sneak them into our Squadron bar for a couple of pints before locking them up for the night after their evening showers.

Of course, we had to check who the duty officer was beforehand to make sure we wouldn't get caught.

How very thoughtful of you.... but what would have happened if you had been caught ? naught better than cookhouse grub lol!
punishment Tumblr_m4y2rsrlBw1rqf7vho1_500
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 18:25

[quote="pete26"]
Shelldrake wrote:
"john boy" wrote:
punishment Fp

[/quote

We supplemented our rations by eating in the NAAFI, which would have been quite expensive had not my mate and I a little "Scam" going. Two ladies worked behind the hotplate in the NAAFI, one German and one English, neither spoke the others language. The English woman took the orders and the German lady cooked them, when you ordered, the English woman gave you a raffle ticket and the stub was given to the German lady. When your meal was ready the number was called, the German woman asked the English woman (in German) if you had paid, the English lady nodded her head and we were all happy. One night there was a new English lady who, unbeknownst spoke a little German and you can guess the rest. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 19:54

those eggs looked just like smudgers eyes after saturday night in the three steps in viersen. by the way how was there two eggs on a plate , we only had one egg a week and that was on sunday ,ginger
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 20:13

The bugger cheated !
Them's spiegeleier !
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 20:18

Re. your avatar John Boy, the bird in the strip webbing. Is that Liz Fraser ?

Phwwoooaaarrr !

Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 20:31

I think the worst punishment that I ever suffered was when I was sentenced to 28 days detention. During that period it was compulsory to eat in the Cookhouse. affraid affraid [/quote]

On the subject of cookhouses and the grub therein.
One night we went into a Jock camp in either Lemgo or Hameln to fill our water trailer.
We went in to the NAAFI, which we thought seemed remarkably crowded, for a few goodies. We hadn't been in the queue long when up comes Rab C Nesbitt, (without the dressing on his head) and said what sounded like "Yer no' thinkin' o' using the cookhoose are ye ?" On being asked why he replied "'cos we're on hunger strike !"
As we left the camp we looked in and there was all the food laid out on the hotplates, with the staff standing behind them and not a soul to eat it.
I must say, we never got THAT bad.
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
punishment 890-95

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime12/7/2012, 14:54

brum wrote:

Re. your avatar John Boy, the bird in the strip webbing. Is that Liz Fraser ?

Phwwoooaaarrr !

Yeah Phwwooaaaarrrrrrrrrr lol!
Back to top Go down

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime13/7/2012, 22:24

I'd put money on it being Shirley Eaton... the one that got cammed up with gold paint in Goldfinger. She was also in a few of the early Carry On films... so there's the link with Liz Fraser.
Back to top Go down
pete26
Capt
Capt

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 02:13

Claymore wrote:
I'd put money on it being Shirley Eaton... the one that got cammed up with gold paint in Goldfinger. She was also in a few of the early Carry On films... so there's the link with Liz Fraser.

punishment 6056-772

Liz Fraser was the 'nom de plume' of Bill Fraser, when he dressed up in womens clothing.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 07:41

I knew that!! "Cough", I'll be leaving you now. Laughing
Back to top Go down

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 09:26

Liz Fraser was the 'nom de plume' of Bill Fraser, when he dressed up in womens clothing.[/quote]

I saw Bill Fraser in a pub near Barnet one lunchtime many years ago. I think he must have lived round there. He was pissed out of his skull.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 10:47

I remember reading about Charles Hawtrey spending his days in his Local somewhere in Kent, I suppose that when the work dries up some actors find that they don't have a role in life. Sad.
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 19:47

hawtrey was a alkie , he was disliked by most people in the town of deal in kent where he lived , the publicans, taxi drivers and most other people hated him . the latest bit of news is , the people who bought charles hawtreys house think he is haunting the cellar . the new residents turned the old basement into a posh wine cellar , it is reported that hawtrey has great fun messing about with the bottles of plonk , even old sid james is reputed to have hated charles hawtrey, ginger
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime17/7/2012, 15:51

Enough of the Chinese Whispers ! I'm going back to punishment ...........Preamble follows :-

On occasion, when the bty. was out on exercise, those on high decided it would be fun to field raiding parties in the small hours to spread alarm & despondency at the separate BHQ Tp., George Tp. and How Tp. locations. Accordingly, both defenders & raiders had thunderflashes and .303 blanks issued. I was one of the party of five sent out to wake up How Tp. who were bedded down about 1 km. away.

Suffice it to say that having launched our thunderflashes, Taffy & I got parted from the other three and subseqently we were captured. How Tp commander deemed that punishment would be meted out after he had completed basic interrogation. That number, rank and name bollocks was a joke, all he wanted was which tp. we came from and argued that any one of his lads would know that, but he didn't want to drag them out from kip....... we gave in. The reason for his interest became clear.

We were bundled in his Champ, he ordered his driver to make a left turn instead taking the right fork on the track leading to BHQ. After about five minutes he dumped us, told which direction we should take, reckoned we were about half an hour's walk away, smirked & drove off.

Taffy wasn't one for exercise, but he was more cheerful than I would have thought possible. " We've got the last laugh ! " he sniggered< "I nicked these ........". He had lifted How tp's sigs info, with the exercise codes & frequencies, from the pocket on the back of the Champ front seat, the radio bit which joined up power supply unit & Wireless Set 19 ( 18 point connector ? Somebody will remember better than me ) and, best of all, a couple of bottles of Pils. Somehow the walk back wasn't as irritating as it might have been. .
Back to top Go down
brrowe
WOI
WOI
brrowe

Number of posts : 119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : UK/BAOR
Registration date : 2010-06-30

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Punishment!   punishment Icon_minitime21/7/2012, 19:21

I don't know about actual (deterrent type) punishment, but the following may cause some merriment.
I was LAD REME ATT. to 66 COY.RASC,(1957-9) and one day was asked to change a wheel bearing on the VW "Beetle" used by the RASC. OC.
I had never worked on one before, and on removing the wheel drum, came across a locking washer.
Never having seen one before, the insignificant looking locking tab didn't seem very important, so when it snapped off I didn't worry unduly and changed the bearing and re-assembled the wheel drum.
The officer's batman came for the car and drove away.
Later in the day I was summond to my REME CO's office and reprimanded.
Apparently the front wheel had come off!
My CO didn't get on very well with the RASC officer concerned, so awarded me an extra "Duty Crew" as a punishment.
This only entailed locking up the W/Shop at duty's end and re-opening next morning.
I think the "punishment" was more to do with failing to cause his death than anything alse.
(Had anything serious happened as a result, it would probably have meant a court martial I suppose.)
Back to top Go down

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime21/7/2012, 20:07

or promotion..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

punishment Empty
PostSubject: Re: punishment   punishment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

punishment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum