BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests :: 2 Bots

richardjbird243

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime6/4/2008, 21:04

Hopefuly a picture will come up of the Protestant Chapel in Fort Prince of Wales taken in 2007. You can see in the photo the reconstruction for living quarters on the upper area. The main chapel area is now a sheet metal shop.

https://servimg.com/view/12233546/19

Last edited by Hardrations on 13/7/2009, 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime22/4/2008, 23:30

I am so pleased to see the Protestant Chapel being put to some use...I believe the RC Chapel has been torn down. I know at least one of the chapels up in Werl was and a few of them just allowed to go derelict.

While by no means were any of these chapels architectural wonders, they did possess a certain charm and a nice solid 'feel' to them. Certainly for generations of Canadians they approach almost iconic status...when we see photos of them we immediately recognize them!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime4/3/2009, 20:05

Hardrations -- any further word on the conversion (ehehe) of the Protestant chapel at the former Fort Prince of Wales to residential by your friends the Gebhards? Would enjoy seeing the completed reno.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime5/3/2009, 05:01

Incidentaly the present owner of the Chapel offered the doors to the RCA Museum but no interest was expressed in having them.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime10/3/2009, 22:20

Hardrations wrote:
Incidentaly the present owner of the Chapel offered the doors to the RCA Museum but no interest was expressed in having them.

idiots...
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 02:44

Stephen Lock wrote:
Hardrations -- any further word on the conversion (ehehe) of the Protestant chapel at the former Fort Prince of Wales to residential by your friends the Gebhards? Would enjoy seeing the completed reno.
I'll contact a friend of mine in Deilinghofen and see what I can find out.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime13/7/2009, 10:56

A photo of the chapel as of 2007. They are doing reconstruction in the upper area for living quarters.

https://servimg.com/view/12233546/19
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime15/7/2009, 01:06

I also seem to recall one of these churches, I think in Deilinghofen, was being used as an architectural office with the address now on "England Strasse." Is this the same church?

Either way, residential or business, I am glad to see these buildings put to some use rather than allowed to go derelict or torn down.

I still find it odd that the offer to donate the front doors to the RCA Museum was refused. You'd have thought the administrators would have jumped at the chance, given how many of us -- soldiers and dependents -- entered through those doors over the years. Church parades, weddings, even the odd funeral.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime15/7/2009, 15:09

Stephen Lock wrote:
I also seem to recall one of these churches, I think in Deilinghofen, was being used as an architectural office with the address now on "England Strasse." Is this the same church?

Either way, residential or business, I am glad to see these buildings put to some use rather than allowed to go derelict or torn down.

I still find it odd that the offer to donate the front doors to the RCA Museum was refused. You'd have thought the administrators would have jumped at the chance, given how many of us -- soldiers and dependents -- entered through those doors over the years. Church parades, weddings, even the odd funeral.

There is an architectural office, but it is located in what was the Post Office/Barber Shop/Pay office building down on what was a corner of the Pde Sqr. I have a picture of it some where. I'll try to find it.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime18/7/2009, 05:07

Great.

However, I do seem to recall seeing somewhere one of the Deilinghofen churches converted to architect's offices, but maybe it was your friends' place and it was assumed to be "an architect." I forget now, but I do remember it was on England or Englander Strasse (a renaming, by the way).
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime18/7/2009, 17:31

Well Englander Strr. would run directly down to the building I mentioned, then would have split to run around the pde. sqr. if it were stil there.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime18/7/2009, 18:12

Found the picture Stephen,which I'm sure has the office you're thinking of, but not as good as I thought it was. Possibly I can get a friend of mine in Deilinghofen to get a photo for us.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/12/23/35/46/fort_p11.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel   Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fort Prince of Wales ( Deilinghofen) Protestant Chapel
Page 1 of 1