BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

MCTC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dee Z
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 156
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Pembroke Dock, Lippstadt,Plymouth, Middle east, Singapore
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   24/3/2013, 17:00

My unit back in the late 50's wore standard berets only would they wear the maroon or green lid was when attached to either 16 Bde or 3 Bde. MTC I thought you only won a place there if it was trial by courts martial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rucjock21
Maj
Maj

Number of posts : 279
Cap Badge : The Jocks
Places Served : Everywhere.
Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   25/3/2013, 12:47

I always thought that if you did 'P' Company and went onto No1 Parachute Training School and successfully completed the statutory eight jumps to gain your wings and serve with the Para Bde or Commando Bde then you were entitled to wear your wings for ever more.The lightbulb was only worn by those who did the jumps but did not serve with a Para Unit or Commando Unit and served with other units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobby
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 79
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Tidworth, Sennelarger, Werl, Munsterlager, Catterick, Paderborn, Ripon, Detmold, Marchwood.
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   25/3/2013, 15:46

rucjock21 wrote:
I always thought that if you did 'P' Company and went onto No1 Parachute Training School and successfully completed the statutory eight jumps to gain your wings and serve with the Para Bde or Commando Bde then you were entitled to wear your wings for ever more.The lightbulb was only worn by those who did the jumps but did not serve with a Para Unit or Commando Unit and served with other units.
Hi Jock.
I completed 'P' Company and then my basic jumps course. I however did not serve with an airborne unit until much later, when i then served as a badged soldier and was then able to wear wings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rucjock21
Maj
Maj

Number of posts : 279
Cap Badge : The Jocks
Places Served : Everywhere.
Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   25/3/2013, 16:23

Nobby,I served with Para Regt and transferred to infantry and as regulations state you were permitted to wear wings if you qualified and served with an airborne unit on all uniforms.Mind you some officers were jealous of those chaps that had wings up and even went looking up regs to see if you were in fact entitled to wear them even wings of other countries if you were qualified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee Z
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 156
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Pembroke Dock, Lippstadt,Plymouth, Middle east, Singapore
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   28/3/2013, 13:59

I take it Shepton Mallet was a military nick at one time well its closing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-21964134
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilf
Lt Col
Lt Col

Number of posts : 314
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Bicester-Soltau-Canada-Kineton-Paderborn-Osnabruck (Inc Gulf 1) Donnington-Civy Strasse.
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   31/3/2013, 03:49

rucjock21 wrote:

We had a General (Cant remember what star) called Ing or Inge who wore the lightbulb on his sleeve, if he saw anyone with para wings on their shoulder he would question them and ask when they last did their jumps. A jock lad from HQ company (5 Ord Bn) who apparently gained his para wings with the TA came into the Generals sights, to say he was annoyed when he was told to take his wings off is an understatement.

I'm sure it's a given that senior ranks didn't go to jail. The same General (Ing or Inge) put a Staff Sergeant in jail for not saluting his car, the General then marched into the CO's office and asked why his senior ranks didn't salute officers. This was at Barker Barracks c1987.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chemist
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   31/3/2013, 10:53

Inge,also called bald Eagle,came to Warendorf for lunch in the NCO/officers mess.
Arrived half an hour late in a chopper I seem to remember,had lunch,got up and left without saying a word.
Didn't he get the Top Job in Whitehall?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2981
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   31/3/2013, 11:25

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Inge,_Baron_Inge

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPW
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 978
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   31/3/2013, 11:57

There was a lengthy article in the Daily Telegraph to mark the final closure of Shepton Mallet Jail earlier this week

It was used by the military from 1939 till 1966, some of the more notorious inmates in the 1950s National Service era were the Kray twins, jailed for persistent Absence without Leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aghart
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 21
Cap Badge : 1st Royal Tank Regiment/MPSC
Places Served : Osnabruck, Omagh, Tidworth, Cyprus, Herford, Bovington, Hildesheim, Colchester.
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   21/4/2013, 20:57

I did 6 and a half years at MCTC after transferring to MPSC from 1 RTR in 1988. A Wing, for those returning to their units was regarded as the best pre course training for a J/NCO cadre course you could get.

D Wing, (where I served) was for those being discharged from HM Forces. C Block, was the high security wing for those sentenced to imprisonment, awaiting transfer to HMP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MCTC   Today at 05:44

Back to top Go down

MCTC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2