BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests :: 1 Bot

Dulaigh

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Time to Rant & Rave & Roar

Go down 
+6
JPW
Hardrations
Shelldrake
pete26
brum
"john boy"
10 posters
AuthorMessage
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Empty
PostSubject: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime27/3/2013, 19:38

i apologise message received and understood

Last edited by "john boy" on 28/3/2013, 09:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime27/3/2013, 20:21

Twice last year my mother went in to our local A&E, first time with an MI. I went with her and both times she was left on a trolley for over 10 hours.
My mother is still with us and is now 96.
Nursing staff don't give a shite, ask them about any problems and they just say they're busy. They seem to think that being busy absolves them from being negligent.

My sympathies, John Boy. "16 miles away" ? Name that hospital !
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime27/3/2013, 21:41

Hi Brum

Last edited by "john boy" on 28/3/2013, 09:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime27/3/2013, 22:49

Seems to be the same throughout the country..
Back to top Go down
pete26
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 209
Cap Badge : R.E.
Places Served : Farnborough, Hohne, Ulster, Berchtesgaden,Chatham..
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 04:36

Watch what you write.

Your post might get deleted by the owners. Rolling Eyes

We were told we all fought for free speech, but not on this forum.

Rant and rave my arse !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 07:10

Perhaps if you wrote something worthwhile,it might be acceptable..and, if you don`t like the way the forum operates, there is a simple answer...Feck off
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 08:07

Very sorry to hear about that John Boy, I hope things get sorted soon!! We have a very good hospital in Frimley Park down here, part of it has a Military Wing so that may explain it.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 11:20

"john boy" wrote:
Hi Brum

I was half expecting you to say Leighton Hospital, Crewe, John.

Another bunch of drama queens, who put the patient at the bottom of their priority list.
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 11:31

brum wrote:
"john boy" wrote:
Hi Brum

I was half expecting you to say Leighton Hospital, Crewe, John.

Another bunch of drama queens, who put the patient at the bottom of their priority list.

hi brum sorry pal a certain quote speaks for itself I shall say nothing more on this topic . I am very sorry some people feel that way I think that I have made a good contribution to this site .I was feeling very low when I wrote what I did .END OF SUBJECT
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 13:21

I'm missing something here. What happened to my entry? What's going on?
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 18:03

Shelldrake wrote:
Very sorry to hear about that John Boy, I hope things get sorted soon!! We have a very good hospital in Frimley Park down here, part of it has a Military Wing so that may explain it.

What would be the catchment area of Frimley Park Shelldrake ?

I have a son lives in Sunbury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 22:09

Quote :

It would appear that we have a self appointed censor at work.... Sad
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 22:25

Hardrations wrote:

Post it again Hardrations, we are currently receiving minor disruption from a phallically challenged prat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime28/3/2013, 22:41

tsk tsk Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime29/3/2013, 07:47

brum wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:

What would be the catchment area of Frimley Park Shelldrake ?

I have a son lives in Sunbury.

I believe it would be Camberley, Frimley, Farnborough, Fleet and possibly Aldershot. There is a large HealthCentre in Aldershot which "Replaced"? the Cambridge Military Hospital. Sunbury would be well outside the Frimley Park area.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime29/3/2013, 08:20

ROGER to that.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime29/3/2013, 09:23

john boy

In my opinion there was no need to remove your postings, they were an honest reflection of the harrowing situation you and in particular your wife were forced to accept.

Shelldrake

I agree with your description of the cachement area for Frimley Park Hospital and the back up to the Aldershot Health Centre
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime29/3/2013, 18:24

I have been PM'd asking me why I deleted posts from this thread, and will tell you now if it was me I would PM the poster telling him why.

I have no idea what the content of Post #1 was, as I never saw it.

Mike

Lt Col
Lt Col

Number of posts : 330
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg, Verden, Liebenau, Hohne, Hamm, Duisburg, Minden, Hannover, Fallingbostal, Kuwait, UK, HK, USA/Can.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 17:08

Last October we had to make use of our local NHS hospital for the first time and I have nothing but praise for the way my wife was treated. From first attending A&E and subsequent scans, tests and appointments with three different consultants she was treated promptly, courteously and most efficiently over the next three months. We are probably lucky as so many horror stories have come out of late, our local hospital is well thought of in the press and by the local population.

BobG
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime5/4/2013, 19:54

bob . my wife was diagnosed with cancer six years ago , she has had 4 courses of chemotherapy 3 major operations and they are still keeping her alive , the doctors and all staff at our local nhs hospitals, must be the best in the world , i cant fault them they are brilliant , its sad that not all our hospitals are the same , ginger
Back to top Go down
Les Pattenden
Col
Col
Les Pattenden

Number of posts : 473
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Aldershot, Marchwood, Longmoor, Dusseldorf,Munster,Ratingen,Longmoor
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime6/4/2013, 00:43

As a parent and having brought up 6 boys and a girl I have spent lots of time over the years in hospitals and A & E departments, have never been let down, I know there must be times when the staff must be tearing their hair out as there are things they cannot do because their hands are tied or they don't have the facilities, one of my boys had over 5 years in hospital and on 3 of the times we were told he may not make it through the night, they never gave up on him, if you ever wonder about the NHS go along to your local hospital and just sit and watch in A & E , take note of how the staff are treated by so called patients, in some cases appalling, certainly not something I would put up with, they do work that lots of people won't do and yes at times may complain but I wouldn't change them. Ask yourselves why so many come here from other countries

:-) :-) Les
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime6/4/2013, 02:53

Had to take my wife to the hospital in Adrian (Scotland) a few years ago. Being Canadian we wondered how it would go.

OUT STANDING

This was on a Friday night.

There are a few hospital here in Winnipeg that could learn from them and I consider our system quite good. Having to sit for an 8 hr shift watching over some convict, gives one time to see the out standing job the staff do. Yes there are losers in the business. As there is in any profession.
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime7/4/2013, 20:44

F.M Gordon lol! lol!

Is that the official ANDY CAPP COMMANDOS cap badge ....well done, can I have one too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime7/4/2013, 23:59

Take as many as you want John...lol
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime8/4/2013, 10:58

Mike_2817 wrote:
I have been PM'd asking me why I deleted posts from this thread, and will tell you now if it was me I would PM the poster telling him why.

I have no idea what the content of Post #1 was, as I never saw it.

Mike

Isn't it about time that post #5 was deleted ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Rant & Rave & Roar    Time to Rant & Rave & Roar  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to Rant & Rave & Roar
Page 1 of 1