BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

The Second Coming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Webmaster Phil
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 92
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Fallingbostel, Bielefeld
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: The Second Coming   23/6/2013, 17:15

Gentlemen,

As you are all well aware I’ve been keeping a low profile lately due to being very much occupied with other aspects in life.  I apologise for the stress caused to those who have had to pick the pieces, manage the Forum, rescue the old site and generally pull their hair out, but I don’t apologise for having to step aside.  We all have our priorities and are also intelligent enough to appreciate that the Website doesn’t put a roof over any of our heads, nor does it offer the comfort of a family. 

What I would like to do is say thank you to all the people who have kept the fire burning in a time when it could have been very suddenly extinguished.  I do not intend to thank anyone by name for fear of insulting through omission.  You all fully understand the important role in which you play and deserve a pat on the back.

The real reason in which I write to you is that I’ve been approached to play an active part again.  After some deliberation, I’ve warmed to the idea, but I feel that I need your permission in order to become active again.  The key to the door really is Mick Graham, who rescued the Website and is currently painstakingly rebuilding what is essentially ‘the second coming’.  
My only conditions to returning would be either purely as an editor or contributor.   If it was intended that I offer my services as lead role, then it would only be possible if a structure was established  along the lines of that of a club or committee.   I would suggest something along the following lines:

Chairman
Provides direction, left and right of arc, passage of information between committee, plugs gaps, delegates’ tasks and also works as an editor.

Vice Chairman
Primary role as chief editor and offers a secondary service as Vice Chairman.

Website Administrator
Manages and administrates the Website, deals with fees, provides consistency in format, issues email addresses and provides other day to day ‘care taker’ tasks. 

Forum Administrator and Recruiting Sergeant
As above, but also deals with disputes, appoints and manages moderators, acts as a talent spotter for potential recruits and generates debate and interest in the Forum.

Front Gate
Front Gate needs to be the point of contact for the general public.  His job is to wean information out of emails, act as a filter, to distribute work and contacts to whoever is most suitable.  He also needs to provide an adequate email filing system and structure which would allow others to step in should he be for whatever reason unavailable.   Front Gate therefore needs to have stability, people skills, literacy and dedication.

Editors
Editors carry out research, deal with emails as forwarded by Front Gate and utilise the Forum in order to document information online. 

Contributors
Contributors have the good fortune of being able to dip their toe in the water at their own pleasure and work at a pace which suits them.  Editors and Front Gate need to try and encourage the Contributor to do their work for them, so it essentially becomes a cut & paste exercise.  This is simple maths as the editor to contributor ratio is significantly different.

I’m also happy to financially contribute, if not pay the annual costs myself, but the most important factor is a well structured organisation with clearly defined roles and responsibilities. 

Please let me know your thoughts and also if anyone is missing from the forum who you feel should be included.

Kind regards,

Philip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bfg-locations.editboard.com
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj

Number of posts : 723
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   23/6/2013, 21:34

Welcome back Phil and really appreciate your input to help preserve BAOR history
Best regards
Steve
study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   23/6/2013, 21:50

welcome back Phil well you'll get plenty of contributions from me.Has anyone thought about contacting B F B S you never know they might help promote this fandabiedosy site. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 948
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   24/6/2013, 01:21

This is going to be a repeater Phil, but your input and expertise is invaluable  ... Welcome Home Phil.

Len (Ciphers)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2981
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   24/6/2013, 14:56

Welcome back Phil, I would like to nominate Brum as Chairman, he seems to have a lot of time on his hands.   I would put myself forward for the vacancy but, a.   I am a FM and b.   I am far too busy holidaying!sunnysunnysunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee Z
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 156
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Pembroke Dock, Lippstadt,Plymouth, Middle east, Singapore
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   24/6/2013, 15:56

Welcome Phil hope some one come forward for chairman. I am still working so do not have any spare time.
Shelldrake I heard they wanted you for chairman for the Southport reunion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   24/6/2013, 16:06

Dee Z wrote:
Welcome Phil hope some one come forward for chairman. I am still working so do not have any spare time.
Shelldrake I heard they wanted you for chairman for the Southport reunion
Think I'll give that one a miss, Jack.  Too political for me!!Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   25/6/2013, 13:35

Being a great believer in not fixing something until it is broken, i say leave things as they are.
Before I go back into retirement, a word for Dee Z. Take a close look at your avatar. It appears to be a mirror image.  Not something I would expect from a gunner..with a couple of exceptions of course..Toodle pip
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   25/6/2013, 14:01

Blimey, he didn't stay long !
I bet he'd seen his mess bill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   25/6/2013, 14:09

I don't speak to Private soldiers, I leave all that sort of stuff to my Equerry......sniff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   26/6/2013, 16:41

Sack him..Your rank badges are out of date..Razz
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   26/6/2013, 16:46

Blimey, talk about accelerated promotion !

They say every Private has a field Marshall's baton in his knapsack but that's ridiculous !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   26/6/2013, 16:54

Gordon. wrote:
Sack him..Your rank badges are out of date..Razz

I hold The Kings Commission!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   26/6/2013, 17:09

You are not old enough..Sprog..elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   26/6/2013, 17:18

brum wrote:
They say every Private has a field Marshall's baton in his knapsack but that's ridiculous !

This is the second coming.. Something you used to know about.Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   26/6/2013, 18:43

Gordon. wrote:
brum wrote:

This is the second coming.. Something you used to know about.Embarassed

Dirty boy!!! Go and wash your mouth out with battery acid.ShockedShocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   Today at 19:41

Back to top Go down

The Second Coming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1