BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
website problem Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
website problem Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
website problem Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
website problem Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
website problem Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
website problem Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
website problem Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
website problem Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
website problem Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
website problem Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
website problem Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
website problem Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
website problem Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
website problem Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
website problem Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

website problem

Go down 
+4
Hardrations
Shelldrake
Dan M
Cliffo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cliffo
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 97
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : Farnborough, Aldershot, Sennelager, Duisdurg, Cyprus - Platres, Nicosia
Registration date : 2012-11-28

website problem Empty
PostSubject: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime11/5/2014, 20:46

I am unable to hold the 'latest topics 'in the left hand column.
As soon as it appears, it goes again and I am therefore unable to log on to anything. Is this a general problem or is it just me !
Back to top Go down

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime11/5/2014, 22:14

Just you.
Back to top Go down
Cliffo
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 97
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : Farnborough, Aldershot, Sennelager, Duisdurg, Cyprus - Platres, Nicosia
Registration date : 2012-11-28

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime12/5/2014, 10:15

Thank you, Gordon for that long detailed explanation of my problem - I'll take it from there then !!
Back to top Go down
Dan M
WOI
WOI
Dan M

Number of posts : 136
Cap Badge : The Royal Canadian Regiment
Places Served : 1977-80, London ON, Gagetown NB
Registration date : 2010-03-22

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime14/5/2014, 00:07

Cliffo wrote:
I am unable to hold the 'latest topics 'in the left hand column.
As soon as it appears, it goes again and I am therefore unable to log on to anything. Is this a general problem or is it just me !

I've had this same problem for a couple of months, now.  I just thought it was 'one of those computer things.'  

If others are experiencing the same issue, I now believe it's a conspiracy by the NSA to screw with this site.

Cheers,
Dan.
Back to top Go down

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime14/5/2014, 07:02

Might be your browser.I use IE or Chrome with no problems..Then again it might be RA aliens,,,
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime14/5/2014, 12:05

Can't be the Gunners, mine is working OK and I am in Cyprus where normally not a lot works (Especially the Water Pump)! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Pborn4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dan M
WOI
WOI
Dan M

Number of posts : 136
Cap Badge : The Royal Canadian Regiment
Places Served : 1977-80, London ON, Gagetown NB
Registration date : 2010-03-22

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime14/5/2014, 23:52

Gordon. wrote:
Might be your browser.I use IE or Chrome with no problems..Then again it might be RA aliens,,,

Funny you say that.  I normally use Firefox, but with Explorer I no longer have that issue.

The cursor however, is flashing in an erratic manner.  Damn NSA.

Cheers,
Dan.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime15/5/2014, 05:06

No problem here.
Back to top Go down
Pborn3
WOI
WOI
Pborn3

Number of posts : 134
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Oswestry, Paderborn, Barnard Castle, Catterick, NI, Bristol, Cyprus, Munsterlager, NI,Sennelager , NI , Rge Control/STC Sennelager/ GSU Sennelager as Civvy
Registration date : 2013-09-23

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime7/11/2014, 10:12

Is the site corrupted? or shifted away from Zulu or Alfa time? or relocated to Sydney, Oz?

I logged on a little while ago (the sun is streaming through my window!) and my messages are being timed 8 and a bit hrs later today! Makes me age too fast!

Taken from Site top of page: " Your last visit was on 7/11/2014, 10:33
Current date/time is 7/11/2014, 19:01
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations" Microsoft says the ime now is: 11:13 !
Back to top Go down

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime7/11/2014, 11:17

FORMALLY SON OF SHELLDRAKE

It's all gone a bit weird, I have had to re-register as the site didn't recognise my Email address or my Username!   Back drinking in the NAAFI now and bashing dixies in the pan dive - how the mighty are fallen!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pborn3
WOI
WOI
Pborn3

Places Served : Oswestry, Paderborn, Barnard Castle, Catterick, NI, Bristol, Cyprus, Munsterlager, NI,Sennelager , NI , Rge Control/STC Sennelager/ GSU Sennelager as Civvy

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime7/11/2014, 11:35

Last time I was on Orange Steve was hanging around the administrator role - surprised he did n't notice the time! Now formerly elevated Shelldrake is back in the NAAFI, has to relive "Detachments front", where to stand at "Stand to", know his place as a "Gun Number Heavy!" and practice for stick-man without the benefit of Taff Roberts the batman!

The times they are a-changing! Where is Brum who would understand all of this?
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime7/11/2014, 20:32

Shelldrake

I too am concerned that the forum statistics have gone haywire since the clocks were put back last weekend. Note the system accepted a posting from you from your Kyrenia residence but rumour control (Brum) had it that you were having problems with your UK based computer system.

In the interim an extra ordinary A Mess Meeting I shall ensure the Mess President (Brum) endorses a unanimous motion that you be awarded Honourary Membership and retain the right to the appropriate privileges.
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime8/11/2014, 09:45

Good morning JPW and all
Have forwarded you concerns to Mike RAOC (Mike_2187) who is the forum administrator, as I do not have the skills required to solve the problems!
Regards
Steve only NCO i/c marching reliefs

Account Reset - Mike
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime8/11/2014, 13:39

FORMALLY SON OF SHELLDRAKE

JPW wrote:
Shelldrake

I too am concerned that the forum statistics have gone haywire since the clocks were put back last weekend. Note the system accepted a posting from you from your Kyrenia residence but rumour control (Brum) had it that you were having problems with your UK based computer system.

In the interim an extra ordinary A Mess Meeting I shall ensure the Mess President (Brum) endorses a unanimous motion that you be awarded Honourary Membership and retain the right to the appropriate privileges.

It's now 2559hrs in Camberley!

JPW, thank you for your endeavours to have me re-instated to my rightful place in society, the lads in the NAAFI have been very cruel, insisting, nay forcing, me to take part in what can only be described as outrageous and licentious behaviour!   For example, I had to down a pint of Mateus Rose followed by a performance of the "Dance of the flaming A********", all this accompanied my raucous laughter and shouts of "Haul them down you Zulu warrior" - most upsetting!! Shocked  Shocked

I also encountered severe problems trying to access my Email account whilst ensconced in my Official Service Residence in the foothills of the Besparmak mountains, this may have been caused by change of ISP.   My nearest neighbour, Brig Gutchey Goring-Stagnant, late KRRC, who, with the best of intentions, offered, in his words, "To lighten my mood by taking me up the Karpas", an offer which I refused. pale  pale

My ADC (Brum) must also be congratulated for his splendid efforts in promulgating my return.   Brum and his RSM (Gordon) have been absent from this site for some time now, they are working behind the scenes in an attempt to ensure my  OM in time for the New Years Honours. king  king

Hochachtungsvoll,

(The former)

FM, The Lord Shelldrake of Nitshill.
Back to top Go down

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime8/11/2014, 18:31

Aha! so the gremlins got to you also PRIVATE.. Bog cleaning Sat & Sun.. Mon to Fri you will be allotted to Johnboy`s tin bash. and hand in your key to the seniors bog.
Back to top Go down

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime14/11/2014, 08:03

FORMALLY GRANDSON OF SHELLDRAKE

Right, I shall try again - if I am unable to access the Site after this my suspicions will be aroused.   I love it when my suspicions are aroused. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime15/11/2014, 11:17

I am in the engine room hitting things with a spanner

e-mail - PM me your preferred e-mail address & password and I will re-set the Shelldrake Account for you.

In the meantime you are appointed RSM of the 25th Mess Tin Repair Battalion till you are re-instated

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime15/11/2014, 14:37

FORMALLY GRANDSON OF SHELLDRAKE

Have sent you an Email.

RSM of the 25th Mess Tin Repair Bn doesn't sound too bad, hope I don't have to rebadge to REME! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

RSM appointment withdrawn
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime15/11/2014, 21:10

Try logging in to your old account with new password

FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime16/11/2014, 15:51

Works a treat, many thanks! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pborn3
WOI
WOI
Pborn3

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime16/11/2014, 18:38

So who's a happy gun bunny then - promoted on time? or merit? this clock is ticking faster!
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime16/11/2014, 21:36

Forum Time Reset - my posts are now correct to London GMT (UTC + 00:00)

This Post timed at 21:36

Check your profile location if different

FM
FM
Shelldrake

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime17/11/2014, 07:46

Pborn3 wrote:
So who's a happy gun bunny then  -  promoted on time?  or merit? this clock is ticking faster!

All working rather well, now looking down on the minions, especially RSM Gordon, now that the boot is on the other foot!! Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime17/11/2014, 10:42

Shelldrake

Good to see you back in your rightful position

However you might have a word with your Grandson and advise him that he insults/upsets his supporting Bluebell subunits at his peril.

There is a sizeable Bluebell contingent on this site. If he fails to take your advice our highly experienced Superintending Clerk, well versed in the mysteries of the Manual Military Law, could be instructed to draw up Charge Sheets along the lines of Contrary to the Army Act Section 69 He did .....

Punishment could be cleaning up the REME Lines after a series of Pack Lifts, far worse than any Cookhouse fatigues
Back to top Go down
Pborn3
WOI
WOI
Pborn3

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Web site cleanliness   website problem Icon_minitime17/11/2014, 12:08

JPW wrote:
Shelldrake

Good to see you back in your rightful position

However you might have a word with your Grandson and advise him that he insults/upsets his supporting Bluebell subunits at his peril.

There is a sizeable Bluebell contingent on this site. If he fails to take your advice our highly experienced Superintending Clerk, well versed in the mysteries of the Manual Military Law, could be instructed to draw up Charge Sheets along the lines of Contrary to the Army Act Section 69 He did .....

Punishment could be cleaning up the REME Lines after a series of Pack Lifts, far worse than any Cookhouse fatigues

'Fraid not old bean! Environmentally friendly "Bluebell" not allowed to mess around, a) he has a pollution control plan, b) on the "polluter pays" principle, tis Bluebell in the dock "Section 70 of the AA Civil Offence - Contaminating Workshop lines and anywhere else with a dirty pack lift!" Fine alone is astronomic!! c) Bluebell dunnit, Bluebell fixes it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

website problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: website problem   website problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

website problem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next