BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
» Queens School Rheindalen and the Profumo Affair
Today at 10:40 by steve_graham

» CAOF 1945
Today at 02:19 by Pborn4

» MONTY'S TURN MINDEN
Yesterday at 15:52 by Pborn4

» BMH Re-visited
Yesterday at 08:52 by Pborn4

» Kiel Nostalgia 1 Buildings and 2 BMD . Baptism Records!
14/8/2017, 16:49 by alan8376

» AMTC Silberhutte
9/8/2017, 00:41 by Dave-the-rave

» 6 Airmobile Brigade
9/8/2017, 00:27 by Dave-the-rave

» US of A Rhine to Elbe 1945 Thunderbolts
8/8/2017, 00:19 by Pborn4

» NL WW2 Map Cpverage 1:25,000 AMS 831
7/8/2017, 23:52 by Pborn4

» Brixton Camp to be demolished!
1/8/2017, 16:11 by steve_graham

» Norwegians in Flensburg - Hereford Barracks
31/7/2017, 17:28 by JPW

» Maltese contingent on the Ruhr
30/7/2017, 19:46 by steve

» FOD Dulmen
29/7/2017, 20:00 by Pborn4

» The Life Guards, 1945/6
26/7/2017, 16:29 by ciphers

» SOXMIS STORIES
26/7/2017, 10:40 by JPW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

ciphers, Woodings55-57

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Who can we trust

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Who can we trust    11/4/2016, 20:04

This bloke NAH !!!!

NOT A CHANCE

??????

YEAH we got a muppet running this country...... WHO WOULD YOU (not) TRUST Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1028
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Who can we trust    12/4/2016, 17:42

Only the senior members of the A Mess of this site
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unclevanya
Maj
Maj

Number of posts : 227
Cap Badge : R Sigs
Places Served : 11 Sigs Vimy 'C' Catterick Nov 1963), 224 (Radio) Sig Squadron Garrats Hey, Quorn Leics( Jan-June 1964), 16 Sigs Bradbury Barracks Krefeld July-Oct 1964), 28 (BR) Sigs St Tonis & 4 Squadron, Tongeren (Cafe Maddy) (1964-1968), HQ UNFICYP Nicosia 6 month tour (1966), HMS Jufair & Hamala Camp Bahrien, 223 Sig Sqn (Radio) Winchester, Norn Ireland, HQ Northag Kolsas Olso Norway, 11 Sigs Helles Lines Catterick, Civvy Street 1977, Retired (Grumpy Victor Meldrew 2012)
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: 'Liberty, Equality, fraternity' It all Sucks!   3/9/2016, 10:48

I do find a trend in politicians today, that once they have been elected, they become a tad tiresome and often more than a bit arrogant at times. I know that our elected Boys and Gels have a task to do, and that is running/governing the country in all its aspects, and that this is a highly complex business; all done with the aid of the Civil Service and advisors.

When I cast my weary eyes across the water, La Manche at our political elites of the EU (European Union) or as I call them, the EU-SSR's Brussels Politburo, my hackles rise a little bit, just a little. When you read reports in various newspapers, and also watch U-Tube clips of the proceedings of the EU Parliament - some of those EU 'apparatchiks' as I call them, come across as more than a little bit arrogant. Characters such as Claude Junkers, and his predecessor, Barrosso. they are all, in my opinion, Euro-Marxists, or certainly many of them come out of that school of politics. Hence why I call the EU -- EU-SSR.

Coming back to the United Kingdom, I think that New Labour under Blair, Brown, Mandelson et allia did some good stuff, but also made some monumental cock-up such as becoming involved in Iraq and Afghanistan on the coat tails of the American Military. We all know the mess that has created, and in the post Chilcott Report days, much will be chewed over as to who is responsible (blah, blah, blah). Being involved in Iraq, it has been stated, is the equivalent of a Foreign affairs blunder even worse than the Suez Crisis of the 1950s for Britain..

Mr Cameron, when he was our PM, stated “We are all in this together" alluding to the austerity policy. This is all very well, but all the evidence and anecdotal evidence is that the poor get poorer, and the rich get richer. Those on the bottom of the social pile are being hammered unfairly in the 'hits' they have to take. Those of middle incomes and higher incomes can ride out these austerity measures. The same thing is happening across the EU, and in America. How long do these austerity measure go on for the citizens, meanwhile, the Public debt keeps rising from government borrowings and also private debt.

I just hope that our new PM, Mrs May, who comes from a 'normal' background, rather than an elite one like Cameron, Blair, Mandelson etc; gets a better grip of matters - and LISTEN to peoples concerns, especially over immigration, and does NOT dismiss this out of hand like New Labour's crowed of so-and-sos did.

Meanwhile in Scotland, the Scottish First Minister and leader of the SNP is looking more and more ‘touched’ by ‘Braveheart’ sentiments, and also somewhat seduced by the EU and some La-La land future for an independent Scotland. Many Scottish voters are not that impressed with Our Nicola’s antics, certainly no economic and financial utterances.

As for the EU, and now 'Brexit'. I think that we are better off out. The UK is NOT turning its abck on Europe, nor the EU. We will continue to trade etc, and do business with Europe as we do elsewhere. What needs to change is the 'Fixed Hundred Miles Stare' of those EU bureaucrats and apparatchiks. The EU needs to be reformed from top to bottom. But the likely hood of this happening any time soon is remote in my opinion. The 'Status Quo' over there will be maintained at whatever the costs - meanwhile Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, and of Greece are all still have financial 'problems', especially Greece.

There are elections in 2017 in France and Germany. It is likely that both Hollonde of France will be ousted, and Mrs Merkel in Germany in turn. They are not the 'flavours of the month' in their respective states. The problem is with the extreme right in politics across the EU. We could see a Front Nationale government undera Le Penne presidency.

Across the waters in America, we can see a similar political disconnect playing out between Trump and Hilary Clinton. This does not give confidence in either of these people - but we will have to wait and see if wiser heads prevail in their respective advisors. The same over here in the UK, and across the EU.

We will all become wage slaves of the mighty, the mega-rich etc, as they attempt to bring back some form of ‘political and economic serfdom’ for those who have little, and a freedom to what they like financially for those who much.

“liberty, Equality, Fraternity” – it all sucks!!   Very Happy  Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1026
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Who can we trust    7/9/2016, 04:45

When it comes to politicians making decisions on our be-half: Be wary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unclevanya
Maj
Maj

Number of posts : 227
Cap Badge : R Sigs
Places Served : 11 Sigs Vimy 'C' Catterick Nov 1963), 224 (Radio) Sig Squadron Garrats Hey, Quorn Leics( Jan-June 1964), 16 Sigs Bradbury Barracks Krefeld July-Oct 1964), 28 (BR) Sigs St Tonis & 4 Squadron, Tongeren (Cafe Maddy) (1964-1968), HQ UNFICYP Nicosia 6 month tour (1966), HMS Jufair & Hamala Camp Bahrien, 223 Sig Sqn (Radio) Winchester, Norn Ireland, HQ Northag Kolsas Olso Norway, 11 Sigs Helles Lines Catterick, Civvy Street 1977, Retired (Grumpy Victor Meldrew 2012)
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Who can we trust    22/1/2017, 17:02

So - what do folks here think about the new POTUS in Americky, Don Chump as their Commander-in-Chief? Will he change and moderate his bullying ways or not. Some media hacks who know him say not, he will just as arrogant, monochromatic and obnoxious as he was when on the campaign trail. Only time will tell if he is constrained by wiser heads in his Cabinet.

The post of President arries 'Executive Powers' and which have been used by past US Presidents to by-pass the Senate and Congress. A 'Presdiential Order' can carry weight, but depending on what its contents are, could be challenged by the US Supreme Court.

Will Don Chump serve a full term, a one-termner, or will he be impeached in time for some alleged crimes comitted 'real or imagined'. As for the 'Wall' he is going to build along the Mexican-US Border, is this for reall or just Don bumping his gums for something to say? bounce What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bikergoth
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 14
Cap Badge : REME 1975 - 1988
Places Served : Arbourfield, SEME, 16 tank Tptr Sqn, 1 Queens/1 BW LAD, BATUS Wksp, 174 Provo Coy LAD, 27 Command Wksp, 22 AD Regt LAD
Registration date : 2017-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Who can we trust    27/1/2017, 15:33

I've heard the new word 'Trumpanzee' used rather a lot lately & in my view it does seem to describe him very well. To be honest I believe that if he doesn't change his ways someone will probably top him. Either that or he'll hopefully get impeached before he plunges us into a nuclear holocaust. It would appear that North Korea are itching to launch a few missiles in Trump's direction. All it will take is one stupid tw*t... Sorry, sorry ,sorry... TWEET! I meant TWEET! Honestly...!

Incidentally, have any other countries had a leader named after a bodily function...?

Here we go on the soapbox then. Gather round, men...

I'm not a big fan of politicians of any party as they all lie like hell to get voted in, then grab as much as they can to benefit themselves once they are actually in. If you go to them with a problem they either ignore you & don't do anything or tell you that they can't do anything as their hands are tied with red tape. It really annoys me when you see live footage of the House of Commons with a really important debate or discussion going on & there's always one or two fast asleep. If I had ever fallen asleep while I was supposed to be working, my feet wouldn't have touched the ground, the same as the rest of us.

I became a prominent member of the Motorcycle Action Group after I left the Army & had dealings with a vast number of politicians from all parties over the years, covering a variety of motorcycle related campaigns. As far as I'm concerned, most politicians are the same - a bunch of freeloading slackers. One or two do actually listen to what you have to say & try to make changes, but the majority are just terrified of 'upsetting the party' or 'not toeing the party line'.

Trust no-one in the political world...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can we trust    

Back to top Go down

Who can we trust
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1