BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
» RAF Luebeck
Yesterday at 21:26 by Pborn4

» Oldenburg Service
27/5/2017, 21:13 by AtoyK

» WW2 23 (SP) Regt Royal Canadian Artillery
26/5/2017, 20:22 by Pborn4

» WW2 - War Diaries - Source documents Canadian and British
25/5/2017, 21:05 by Pborn4

» Brixton Camp to be demolished!
25/5/2017, 12:04 by soprano54

» Intelligence Group Intelligence Division and BIO (G)
23/5/2017, 16:03 by lukedalygroves

» Highland Light Infantry in Luneburg 1957
22/5/2017, 14:48 by Shelldrake

» General Info.
22/5/2017, 08:33 by JPW

» The Life Guards, 1945/6
21/5/2017, 22:34 by Peter56

» Bindon Barracks 125 Coy 1955-57
19/5/2017, 17:41 by JPW

» Bindon Bks
17/5/2017, 18:21 by Woodings55-57

» Bad lippspringe
12/5/2017, 10:20 by Pborn4

» Six Months Extra
30/4/2017, 21:19 by dundee

» BRIAN (LOFTY ) MCGUINNESS
28/4/2017, 21:02 by john mcmillan

» Leicester Barracks
26/4/2017, 07:54 by MHS Husum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

alan8376

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
May 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
CalendarCalendar
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 Short History of the Royal Engineers in Willich

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
avatar

Number of posts : 753
Age : 68
Localisation : near Cuxhaven
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Short History of the Royal Engineers in Willich   22/2/2017, 16:33

Jan 52 to Jul 58
40 Advanced Engineers Stores Regiment was formed in January 1952 at the former Becker Steelworks renamed Kitchener Barracks under the command of the Chief Engineer BAOR to bring together the engineer resources and repair units in BAOR which were in various locations from Dortmund to Hannover
80 Advanced Workshop and Park Squadron
339 Plant Park Squadron
1254 + 1255 Independent Workshop and Park Squadrons
267 Stores Unit + 721 Workshop Unit - manned by civilians

1957 41 Army Field Park Squadron arrives previously 41 Corps Park Squadron of 37 Corps Engineer Regiment Roberts Barracks Osnabrück

Jul 58 to Apr 60
1958 BAOR was reorganised on a brigade group basis and the Field Engineer Regiments were broken up
80 Workshop and Park Squadron
21 Workshop and Park Squadron - formed from 1254 and 1255 Workshop and Park Squadrons
41 Plant Park Squadron - formed from 339 Plant Park Squadron and 41 Army Park Squadron

Apr 60 to Jan 68
21 Workshop and Park Squadron
41 Plant Park Squadron
46 Workshop and Plant Squadron from Gheel Belgium and amalgamated with 80 Workshop and Plant Squadron

Jan 68 to Jan 70
21 Park Squadron
41 Workshop Squadron
46 Workshop and Plant Squadron now 46 Plant Squadron moved to Alanbrooke Barracks Paderborn
303 Stores Depot + 305 Stores Depot at Cromwell Barracks Hamm
Sub depots at Sennelager - Hanover - Scharfoldendorf - Hameln

Jan 70 to Oct 77
40 Advanced Engineers Stores Regiment renamed 40 Army Support Regiment
21 Army Support Squadron
41 Army Support Squadron - after 1974 not manned G1098 held for mobilisation by TA units
Engineer Base Workshop + Engineer Spares Park + Engineer Plant Park + REME Wksp
303 Engineer Park + 305 Engineer Park at Hamm
46 Army Support Squadron at Alanbrooke Barracks Paderborn - not manned G1098 held for mobilisation
16 Oct 73 - Freedom of Willich
Date unknown - 522 STRE (Works) arrived but not under command

Oct 77 to Oct 81
Regiment disbands and 21 Army Support Squadron takes over the role of engineer support for BAOR responsibility for forward sub-depots transferred to 65 Corps Support Squadron in Hameln
41 Army Support Squadron - not manned G1098 held for mobilisation by TA units - disbanded Jan 78
46 Army Support Squadron at Sennelager - not manned G1098 held for mobilisation by TA units - disbanded Jan 78
21 Army Support Squadron disbands Oct 81

Oct 81 to 1992
40 Army Engineer Support Group forms then later known as 40 Army Engineer Support Regiment then later back to 40 Army Engineer Support Group
21 Engineer Base Workshop
303 Engineer Park

43 Field Support Squadron arrives from 25 Engineer Regiment Roberts Barracks Osnabrück renamed 43 Plant Squadron in Jun 83

In 1986 21 Engineer Base Workshop was given the task of converting Chieftain tanks to Assault Vehicle Royal Engineers (AVRE) on 9 Aug 87 the first was in use by 32 Armoured Engineer Regiment after modifications a total of 17 were built known as 'Willich AVREs' in late 1989 Vickers Defence Systems was given the contract for further conversions

40 Army Engineer Support Group disbands and duties taken over by 65 Corps Support Squadron Ravelin Park Hameln

522 STRE (Works) moves to Hameln
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://britisharmyingermany.com
 
Short History of the Royal Engineers in Willich
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Short History of the Royal Engineers in Willich
» Royal Engineers in Belgium 1952
» 38 (Berlin) Field Squadron Royal Engineers
» Royal Engineers: Inland Water Transport
» 40 Army Support Regiment RE

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations :: Locations within BAOR and NW Europe :: Willich-
Jump to: