BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Verden- officers quarters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue Crawshaw
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-01-07

Verden- officers quarters Empty
PostSubject: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime7/1/2019, 22:25

I am an army child born in BMH Rinteln and spending several years of my childhood in Fallingbostel and Verden-. I am planning a visit to my childhood homes and wonder if anyone knows where the officers quarters were in Verden-? Would be very grateful for any help.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime10/1/2019, 10:05

Sue

Welcome

I have two school friends who lived in the Verden area in the mid fifties who I may meet shortly. Will see if they remember anything significant
Back to top Go down
BobG
Lt Col
Lt Col

Number of posts : 330
Places Served : Rotenburg, Verden, Liebenau, Hohne, Hamm, Duisburg, Minden, Hannover, Fallingbostal, Kuwait, UK, HK, USA/Can.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime10/1/2019, 17:07

One of the Officers MQs areas was Anna-Woebse Strasse and Schiller Strasse close to what was Caithness Bks. I cant remember the area which was for senior officers. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sue Crawshaw
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime10/1/2019, 18:28

Thanks for this info Bob. I will have a look on Google maps and see if these strasse fit my memories. I have quite a good geog/mapping memory inherited from my Dad!
Back to top Go down
Snoopy60
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime10/1/2019, 20:00

Operation Build III: From 1951 - 1956 the new residential areas ("Married Quarters"") Schillerstraße and Anna-Woebse-Straße as well as Goethestrasse, Jahnstrasse, Carl-Meyer-Strasse, Am Alten Pulverschuppen, Reiterweg and Turnerweg were built. Higher ranks: Loensweg, Shakespeareplatz (ex Sedanstrasse) and Bornemacherstrasse. As there was not enough living space in the MQs in the 1960s, the British army decided to set up mobile homes of the English caravan brand "Bluebird" in the "Super de Luxe" version. On 1 March 1962, the Ministry of Defence had five of these mobile homes for married officers of the 1st Signal Regiment set up in the "Cluvental". A further six mobile homes of similar construction, but already with wood panelling, were set up by the army a short time later on an open space directly adjacent to the barracks on Brunnenweg, offering space for a couple and two children.
Back to top Go down
Sue Crawshaw
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime10/1/2019, 20:09

Wow snoopy you are a mine of info! I am now off to Google earth to see if any of these strasse click with my home in the 1960's. Thanks a million for the info. Weirdly, a 'bluebird caravan' connection, when my Dad finally retired from the army in 1968, he went to work for Bluebird caravans for a while!
Back to top Go down
Sue Crawshaw
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime10/1/2019, 20:20

Bingo!!! Thanks a million. I am pretty sure that where we lived was Boenemacherstrasse! It's very near the Aller, and my sister and I remember walking our dog by the river! I have a pretty good mapping memory inherited from my soldier Dad and a very mobile childhood, where I was regularly having to orient and reorientate myself. I am really grateful to you.
Back to top Go down
Snoopy60
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime12/1/2019, 20:07

A local postcards collector has also published old aerial photographs of Verden on his homepage. Do you recognize your former home in the Bornemacherstraße?

The photos no. 5 and 6 show the residential quarters of the senior officers near the river Aller.

http://www.ansichtskarten-verden.de/wordpress/verden-von-oben/luftbilder/
Back to top Go down
Sue Crawshaw
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime13/1/2019, 09:14

Thank you very much for these Snoopy60. They do look very familiar. I also have a photo of me and my Dad by the front door which may help.
I have become aware in my research 2019/20 marks the final withdrawal of British troops from Germany. The end of an era, that left a mark on many of our lives.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime13/1/2019, 11:02

Sue

My good friend Bob G was one of the two school friends I was referring to in my earlier posting. Met the second at the Annual London Reunion of my old school , King Alfred School Ploen this weekend (100 former pupils and friends present, not one younger than 72, many in their eighties). Anne confirmed she lived in Schillerstrasse whilst her father was stationed in Verden in the mid fifties.
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1000
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime13/1/2019, 15:53

Snoopy60

Thanks for the postcard link, arrived at Verden-Aller 52 years ago as an under 18 Signalman...

Cluvental Barracks have been discussed before:

https://bfg-locations.editboard.com/t194-cluvental-barracks

51 years ago I was on SDS duties with Hillman Husky and these mobile homes then were for ORs, my shift Cpl in the Comcen at Sheil Barracks lived there and on Christmas Day 1967, we left the Comcen on duty for dinner in his mobile home with his family, definitely in Cluvental Barracks, Happy Daze!

50 years ago lived in private accommodation on Lindhooper Strasse next to a petrol station, with a bit of research today, appears now demolished in the area of the Fire Station, not so Happy Daze!

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
Snoopy60
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime13/1/2019, 19:16

Steve,
do you mean these two houses:
https://verden.lima-city.de/Stadtbild/index.htm
scroll down to
pictures Lindhooper Straße 48/50

"March 2017
The demolition started on the properties Lindhooper Straße 48/50, and the petrol station Lindhooper Straße 46.
Now there is room for the new fire station on Lindhopper Straße."

The petrol station was once a BP station where the petrol vouchers were accepted
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1000
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime14/1/2019, 09:21

That's the place the landlady was Frau Grunwall she had three flats rented out
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verden- officers quarters   Verden- officers quarters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Verden- officers quarters
Page 1 of 1