BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests :: 2 Bots

brian beckett

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfheart1981
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-06-10

Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?   Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 05:22

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyony remembers my dad he was posted to a barracks in minden, germany in the 80's near where we lived at Vorlander Strasse in the block of flats and my dad was in charge of them, he became Staff Sargent and his name is Harry Wilkie also know as Henry Wilkie and married to my mum elizabeth wilkie (also known as betty) he was with r.e.m.e and then if i remember right moved to 7th Arm.

I am his youngest son Andrew Wilkie and i remember we all use to have parties in the cellars underneath the flats and also at New years inside the flat and one year my dad burnt himself while lightning a firework (a rocket i believe) because he would set them off from the balcony as we lived on the very top floor and to the left.

I believe on the tv this one new year we was watching torville and dean doing ice skating. People also may remember be being dressed as a spitfire for halloween. lol

I am also trying to find my best friend Jason who's dad was also in the army but different part from my dad but lived in same flats as us on the ground floor. I went to suffolk primary school and I can't remember the females i was friends with then for the life of me lol, we use to silly things like hand stands on the playground etc and against the flat walls lol.

I think some of you will remember me being friends also with a girl called sara(h) then too and her sister and me buying raw carrots, and down the road was the swimming pool (you had to walk past that smartie tube thing) and by the canal was the ice cream parlour.

No i am not looking for sara(h) i found her and she aint a nice person anymore she is pure evil and hangs around with evil people.

I am more interested in finding out who remembers my dad and if you can share memories with me and also finding my friend jason as i cannot remember his surname.

Thank You

P.S I was born in Hannover , Germany 1981 and now 38 yrs old. I also want to know if we can all share our memories of minden, as i remember having good times there.
Back to top Go down
GeHe - FO
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?   Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime24/6/2019, 10:50

Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? _2019013
Back to top Go down
GeHe - FO
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?   Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime24/6/2019, 10:51

In front 'MELITTA-Bad'...

Lynseylu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lynseylu
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?   Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime31/12/2020, 20:21

Hi i cant believe what good memories you have reminded me off, im now 44 and used to live in the block of flats on the ground floor just by some garages and hD to walk past them to get the school bud . We lived not far from the liteabad swimming baths not sure how to spell it now . Sadly my dad pasted away 4 years ago now his name was Thomas Shaw and my mam worked in the naffi she was known as Mo we were posted to stratford upon avon in 1990 .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?   Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone remember my dad from Minden, Germany?
Page 1 of 1