BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records

Go down 
+2
Oliver (Trince)
Paul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Empty
PostSubject: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime28/11/2008, 17:59

Does anyone have any idea where the records for the MSO and its forebears may be held?

Are/were they held in BAOR, in the MOD(UK), or somewhere else?

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Oliver (Trince)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Oliver (Trince)

Number of posts : 44
Cap Badge : MSO BAOR
Places Served : MSO Hildesheim, MSO Bracht
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime2/12/2008, 14:32

Hello Paul,

so far I know, the records were led at local PLSU Offices and for the Salary Payments at the "Amt fuer Verteidungslasten". After 5 years leaving the MSO e.g., all files were destroyed.

That is an information I've got from a German Book called "3 Base Ammunition Depot - Ein britisches Munitionsdepot im Brachter Wald" with a couple of informations about the good old times.

Last edited by OliverK on 3/12/2008, 12:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime2/12/2008, 19:12

OliverK wrote:
Hello Paul,

so far I know, the records were led at local PLSU Offices and for the Salary Payments at the "Amt fuer Verteidungslasten". After 5 years leaving the MSO e.g., all files were destroyed.

That is an information I've got from a German Book calles "3 Base Ammunition Depot - Ein britisches Munitionsdepot im Brachter Wald" with a couple of informations about the good old times.

Oh b****r, it looks as though that line of enquiry is out of the window.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Oliver (Trince)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Oliver (Trince)

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime4/12/2008, 11:20

Hello Paul!

Perhaps I have made a mistake in logic.

It can this be, certain activities made an entry necessary at the BAOR databases.

I think of the education as dog handlers, gate watchman (we called them MSO-Pistol, blokes from Letland) and explosive workers.

If about this entries which weren't in the personal file were done themselves directly at the BAOR, you should into at all which ones databases be noted down.

Perhaps one can after-hook once again there.
Back to top Go down
Paddyb
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 13
Cap Badge : former RA,
Places Served : Paderborn, Barnard Castle, Munsterlager, Sennelager
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 18:14

Originally the MSO etc records were held in Cromwell Barracks Hamm, that closed, It is possible that some records are held for legal reasons and would think a letter to the LEC (Locally Emnployed Civilians) Branch at UKSC(G), Rheindahlen, BFPO 140 might generate a complete answer. (Alkl thosew guys had records/NOK cards and pay documents just like regular soldiers).
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 23:50

Paddyb wrote:
Originally the MSO etc records were held in Cromwell Barracks Hamm, that closed, It is possible that some records are held for legal reasons and would think a letter to the LEC (Locally Emnployed Civilians) Branch at UKSC(G), Rheindahlen, BFPO 140 might generate a complete answer. (Alkl thosew guys had records/NOK cards and pay documents just like regular soldiers).

Thank you Paddyb, I will pass that on to the original poster.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime28/8/2009, 15:59

Oliver (Trince) wrote:
Hello Paul,

That is an information I've got from a German Book called "3 Base Ammunition Depot - Ein britisches Munitionsdepot im Brachter Wald" with a couple of informations about the good old times.

Oliver, Is this book all in German or German/English? I have heard of it before, but never seen a copy.

As a matter of interest I came across the 3 BAPD 'Freedom of Bracht' Scroll in the DM Kineton Officers Mess last October and I wonder if its twin is still displayed in the Rathouse!
Back to top Go down
Oliver (Trince)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Oliver (Trince)

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime28/8/2009, 17:34

Mike_2817 wrote:
Oliver (Trince) wrote:
Hello Paul,

Oliver, Is this book all in German or German/English? I have heard of it before, but never seen a copy.

As a matter of interest I came across the 3 BAPD 'Freedom of Bracht' Scroll in the DM Kineton Officers Mess last October and I wonder if its twin is still displayed in the Rathouse!

The book is only in german. It have a summary in english, that's all. 4 pages at all. If you are interested about it, i can sent it you as a pdf-file. It will take some days until I'm back at work.
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime28/8/2009, 21:03

Thanks Oliver have sent you my e-mail address already.

Mike
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Number of posts : 736
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime12/11/2009, 13:13

I have read the threads above re: MSO.

Did anyone come up with a contact address for the records for MSO personnel?

Alan
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime15/11/2009, 13:05

alan8376 wrote:
I have read the threads above re: MSO.

Did anyone come up with a contact address for the records for MSO personnel?

Alan

As of yet, no. But I have not toatally given up yet.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime15/11/2009, 13:07

Oliver (Trince) wrote:
....That is an information I've got from a German Book called "3 Base Ammunition Depot - Ein britisches Munitionsdepot im Brachter Wald" with a couple of informations about the good old times.

Oliver,

If you still have the book, could you send a scan to me please? Just use the e-mail button in my profile.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Oliver (Trince)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Oliver (Trince)

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime15/11/2009, 13:26

Paul wrote:
Oliver (Trince) wrote:
....That is an information I've got from a German Book called "3 Base Ammunition Depot - Ein britisches Munitionsdepot im Brachter Wald" with a couple of informations about the good old times.

Oliver,

If you still have the book, could you send a scan to me please? Just use the e-mail button in my profile.

Paul.

That is about 250 pages and not done in a few hours. Shocked

But I will do my best and take it when I'm on night shift again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime15/11/2009, 13:52

Paul wrote:
Oliver (Trince) wrote:

Oliver,

Paul.

My apologies, I picked up the original message incorrectly.

If it shows anything to do with locations, dates, military units, MSO, that will be sufficient, rather than the whole book.

The German will be only a small problem, as I know someone who can help me with the translation if need be.

Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime19/11/2012, 15:16

Whilst writing about records. Recently when in Hamburg I visited two large departments as I was searching for records of German Army personnel records. I was told by the Hamburg Archives that for the period 1939 - 1945 they have nothing, saying the British took them all away. Time they were given back I think, if you can find them. I was attempting to find out more about my Father, who served in the Wehrmacht from 1932 - 1948. Yes that is right, the nice Russians kept him until then, but eventually let him go.

All fascinating subjects, but have you forgotten that it is time now that you put your mind to those presents for Christmas and not leave it to the last minutes. You, or most likely your Dad’s or his Dad will want something thoughtful and interesting as a gift. I have worked hard and burnt much midnight oil to make this possible for you. Why not look at the following internet site and happy reading to all.

world wide web.farewelltohamburg.com
Back to top Go down
burgess720
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime20/11/2012, 03:37

Hi again,

Your message reminds me of an ex Russian POW who I met in Osnabruck in 1952; all he said he was lucky to get home after so many years, fighting then a prisoner in the cold winters; and bad food

The Wehrmacht 37 Infantrie Regiment from Osnabruck who left for the Ost Front were almost all killed in Leningrad

Guess many of us are lucky to be alive
Regards Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records   CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CMWS/CMLO/MSO Records
Page 1 of 1