BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

REME LAD Albuhera Barracks

Go down 
+5
dickied
Ian
Pete G
steve jones
Nobby
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobby
WOII
WOII
Nobby

Number of posts : 79
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Tidworth, Sennelarger, Werl, Munsterlager, Catterick, Paderborn, Ripon, Detmold, Marchwood.
Registration date : 2009-02-05

REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Empty
PostSubject: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime5/2/2009, 14:23

Hi Guys
I was posted on promotion to Corporal to the 1st Bn Black Watch LAD in 1983. Served with them until they left in 1985 and replaced by 1st Bn Royal Scots. I left Werl in 1987. My daughter was born whilst serving with the Royal Scots.
Still talk today about the times i had in Werl and besides the racism i received from the RSM of the Black Watch (Starchy Smith) i still regard my time in Werl as the best of my career.
Back to top Go down
steve jones
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 210
Places Served : AAC Carlisle, Bielefeld, Werl, Munster, Arborfield
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 06:37

I was there about 74, 75 I would guess. it was 2 queens then. as you say a great place.
Back to top Go down
Pete G
LCpl
LCpl
Pete G

Number of posts : 8
Cap Badge : Reme
Places Served : AAC Carlisle,Bordon, Osnabruck,Werl,NI, Werl, NI,Werl, Lippstadt,NI, Lippstadt,NI,Lippstadt & Aborfield.
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime5/5/2012, 14:50

Small world, I too was there with Steve Jones and have had the pleasure of meeting and befriending Hardrations who served there before us.
Back to top Go down
steve jones
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 210
Places Served : AAC Carlisle, Bielefeld, Werl, Munster, Arborfield
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime7/5/2012, 23:43

great posting, especially once the REME boys discovered a place called Hohenlimburg, famed for its disco and the fact that the girls there had never met brit squaddies before and were easily impressed.

i remember Pete and i both getting nicked for speeding on the way there one night !
Back to top Go down
Ian
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 95
Places Served : UK, BAOR,BATUS
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime9/5/2012, 12:23

steve jones wrote:
I was there about 74, 75 I would guess. it was 2 queens then. as you say a great place.

You are quite correct Jonah, 74 was the year that my wife and daughter were very graciously 'taken in' by your mrs, lot of water under the bridge since then of course, my daughter is a mother herself now, married to a Reme lad and stationed here in Canada, you still roughing it in Fiji?
Back to top Go down
Pete G
LCpl
LCpl
Pete G

Places Served : AAC Carlisle,Bordon, Osnabruck,Werl,NI, Werl, NI,Werl, Lippstadt,NI, Lippstadt,NI,Lippstadt & Aborfield.

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime9/5/2012, 12:26

Very true Steve, the disco was a fantastic find and we spent many a happy night there. For the speeding ticket, I had to pay mine at the local post office as it was over Dm 60. Halcyon days.
Back to top Go down
Pete G
LCpl
LCpl
Pete G

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime9/5/2012, 12:28

Ian, were you there at the same time as Steve and myself?
Back to top Go down
Ian
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 95
Places Served : UK, BAOR,BATUS
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime9/5/2012, 23:00

Pete G wrote:
Ian, were you there at the same time as Steve and myself?
No I knew Steve from 1[BR] Corps in 71, his wife was kind enough to allow my wife and daughter to stay with her while we were waiting for a quarter in Minden.
Back to top Go down
dickied
Private
Private
dickied

Number of posts : 1
Places Served : arborfield, bordon, BATUS, fallingbostel, werl
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime5/6/2012, 11:47

Many happy memories of my time in werl with the Black Watch and then 1 Royal Scots n playing darts with Pete Williamson in the red hackle club later the crown and one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime5/6/2012, 11:58

Welcome Dickied..Two great regiments to be attached to..
Back to top Go down
Mistyuk
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime15/3/2013, 14:27

We were there 81 to 86 attached to the Black Watch & then the Royal Scots Smile Good times!
Back to top Go down
steve1226
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 47
Places Served : Osnabruck, Plymouth, Hemer, Menden. @ tours NI, 1969 and 1970
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: 1 Royal Scots   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime21/3/2013, 10:28

Sorry to jump in on your post but I served with 1 Royal Scots LAD in Osnabruck from 66-68. The storeman at the time wouldn't let us REME types have anything unless we quoted,

"First of foot, right of line, Pontias pilots bodyguard, the Royal Regiment."

They were a rum bunch though. I was once down town in Osnabruck with my German girlfriend when a group of 1 RRF lads decided to pick on me. A tap on the shoulder and as I turned round I was confronted by a Royal Scot who I only knew by reputation as a hard man.

"You having a bit of bother son?" he asked. "On your way."

I was told on another day by the barmaid that the canal outside played a big part in the solution. I saw the Jock in question and offered him my thanks to be told,

"We always look after our own."

Back to top Go down
Nobby
WOII
WOII
Nobby

Number of posts : 79
Places Served : Tidworth, Sennelarger, Werl, Munsterlager, Catterick, Paderborn, Ripon, Detmold, Marchwood.
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime21/3/2013, 13:13

steve1226 wrote:
Sorry to jump in on your post but I served with 1 Royal Scots LAD in Osnabruck from 66-68. The storeman at the time wouldn't let us REME types have anything unless we quoted,

"First of foot, right of line, Pontias pilots bodyguard, the Royal Regiment."

They were a rum bunch though. I was once down town in Osnabruck with my German girlfriend when a group of 1 RRF lads decided to pick on me. A tap on the shoulder and as I turned round I was confronted by a Royal Scot who I only knew by reputation as a hard man.

"You having a bit of bother son?" he asked. "On your way."

I was told on another day by the barmaid that the canal outside played a big part in the solution. I saw the Jock in question and offered him my thanks to be told,

"We always look after our own."

Hi Steve

You are quite correct about the lads in the Regiment.
I had an incident with one of the RHF in Putlos at a Milan concentration. The next i knew i had about half a dozen of the Royals behind me backing me up and protecting me from anyone else getting involved.
4 years after leaving them, i met up with Fire Support Company of the Royals in Black Adder Lines in Saudi Arabia before deploying out into the desert for the Gulf War. They dragged me into the tent for a Hogmanay drink. Finally got back to my bed at 5 in the morning. Great bunch of lads and i would serve with them again in any situation as they will always have your back.
Back to top Go down
Phil MetalSmith
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-12-24

PostSubject: Nobby   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime24/12/2016, 11:19

Jesus you must be bloody ancient by now, Nobby sodden Clark who'd of believed it aka Seymors Runner
Back to top Go down
bikergoth
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 14
Cap Badge : REME 1975 - 1988
Places Served : Arbourfield, SEME, 16 tank Tptr Sqn, 1 Queens/1 BW LAD, BATUS Wksp, 174 Provo Coy LAD, 27 Command Wksp, 22 AD Regt LAD
Registration date : 2017-01-08

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime12/1/2017, 19:45

I was at Albuhera with 1 Queens LAD in 1979, (1 Queens - a BRILLIANT bunch of lads), then stayed when the Black Jocks came out in 1980. Guys in the LAD were fantastic as usual, but didn't take to the Black Jocks. I managed to do my Class 1 Course at Bordon then also blag a 6 month winter rebuild at BATUS in the winter of 1981-82 so spent at least 12 happy months away from the Black Jocks. Fond memories of the old LAD bar which I helped run at one stage.

I remember the RMP's from across the road bringing their vehicles in for PRE & we swapped the indicator & brakelight/sidelight lenses over giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls. Much shouting & swearing from RMP MT corporal, especially when he discovered the first two letters of the word 'Police' painted out on the signs that said 'Military Police' on the front & rear of their wagons. He wasn't a happy chap & told me so in no uncertain terms when after being posted to the RMP's in Tidworth a couple of years later, I foolishly recounted the story in the bar one night. That'll teach me...!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REME LAD Albuhera Barracks   REME LAD Albuhera Barracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REME LAD Albuhera Barracks
Page 1 of 1