BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
» Oldenburg Service
Yesterday at 21:13 by AtoyK

» WW2 23 (SP) Regt Royal Canadian Artillery
26/5/2017, 20:22 by Pborn4

» WW2 - War Diaries - Source documents Canadian and British
25/5/2017, 21:05 by Pborn4

» Brixton Camp to be demolished!
25/5/2017, 12:04 by soprano54

» Intelligence Group Intelligence Division and BIO (G)
23/5/2017, 16:03 by lukedalygroves

» Highland Light Infantry in Luneburg 1957
22/5/2017, 14:48 by Shelldrake

» General Info.
22/5/2017, 08:33 by JPW

» The Life Guards, 1945/6
21/5/2017, 22:34 by Peter56

» Bindon Barracks 125 Coy 1955-57
19/5/2017, 17:41 by JPW

» Bindon Bks
17/5/2017, 18:21 by Woodings55-57

» Bad lippspringe
12/5/2017, 10:20 by Pborn4

» Six Months Extra
30/4/2017, 21:19 by dundee

» BRIAN (LOFTY ) MCGUINNESS
28/4/2017, 21:02 by john mcmillan

» Leicester Barracks
26/4/2017, 07:54 by MHS Husum

» Carry on SGT
25/4/2017, 17:22 by ciphers

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

Cassy

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
May 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

national service

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: national service   4/9/2012, 23:58

Quote :
you can guess the noise of the loud cheer we all gave hime when he came into the dinning room, 18 month in hospital and recovery, it was nice to see him back with us

Is this really Johnboy`s lot you are on about Tom???

Brum

1) Both

2)Not in a signals regiment

Observation....Concur
Back to top Go down
Tom Withers
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 22
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick,1 Corps Sig Regt Herford Baor 15
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 08:45

1 Corps Signal Regt Maresfield Bk Herford BAOR 15. Cooks Cooked meals and served them to us the squaddies. Accidents do happen, I know for the last 10 years of my working life I was employed as a 'Health & Safety Officer'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 09:42

[quote="Gordon

1) Both

2)Not in a signals regiment

Observation....Concur[/quote]

I say Gordon, this new avatar of yours.

Desperate Dan isn't it ?

I always thought he was English you know. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 13:18

No Brum....That is Joe Broon..brother of Hen, Maggie, Daphney, Horace, The Twins and the Bairn....Son of Maw And Paw...Grandson of Grandpaw....
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 16:57

Tom Withers wrote:
1 Corps Signal Regt Maresfield Bk Herford BAOR 15. Cooks Cooked meals and served them to us the squaddies. Accidents do happen, I know for the last 10 years of my working life I was employed as a 'Health & Safety Officer'

Now't wrong wit the "slop jockeys" you loved us really lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brum
FM
FM

Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 17:51

Gordon. wrote:
No Brum....That is Joe Broon..brother of Hen, Maggie, Daphney, Horace, The Twins and the Bairn....Son of Maw And Paw...Grandson of Grandpaw....

Bloody hell, I wish i'd never asked now !
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 19:18

Would you like to meet them Brum?
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 19:47

nothing accidental about the stuff the slop jockeys served to us , bloody criminal mores the word ,freddie starr got into trouble for eating a hampster , we never got into trouble for having to eat live catapillars and maggots and the occasional cockroach in the porrage , ginger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: national service   5/9/2012, 20:33

Gordon. wrote:
Would you like to meet them Brum?

Not without an interpreter !

(Oh, and a section of Gurkhas).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2989
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: national service   6/9/2012, 05:40

gingerjim wrote:
nothing accidental about the stuff the slop jockeys served to us , bloody criminal mores the word ,freddie starr got into trouble for eating a hampster , we never got into trouble for having to eat live catapillars and maggots and the occasional cockroach in the porrage , ginger

We never had any of that sort of meat when I was serving, did you pay "Extra Messing", gingerjim?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom Withers
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 22
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick,1 Corps Sig Regt Herford Baor 15
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: national service   6/9/2012, 09:09

Nothing wrong with the food we had a 1 Corps, and nothing wrong with the food I serrved up when running the 'Field Kitchens', Sgt Brown always got us some potatoes, instead of the powdered 'POM', and as a Signalman, I did not have to order people to peel the spuds, they all volenterred, and I had no complints, as least not to my face.

Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   6/9/2012, 09:52

Quote :
Not without an interpreter !

(Oh, and a section of Gurkhas).

They are quite harmless really...So here you are...Shelldrake will go all weepy when he sees this

Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: national service   6/9/2012, 12:55

Crivvens, Jings, Help ma Boab and Michty me! I always fancied Maggie but would have settled for Daphne!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: national service   6/9/2012, 19:38

shelldrake, the only messing was from the catapillars and maggots , the cook sgt always joked about extra meat rations and protein, but all in all our cooks really were bloody atrocious , i am not kidding . the only decent meals i had while in the army were on the military train from the hook into germany . the best was when we were on a convoy and running out of hours , we managed to get putb up for the night in RAF EINDHOVEN . that was like a first class hotel , the food was sheer heaven , ginger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

PostSubject: Re: national service   9/9/2012, 15:22

Tom Withers wrote:
John Boy It is nice to have contact with a ACC member, I have been trying for along time to find out how the ACC made the nice thick Chocolate Drink we had in the very cold weather when we were out on winter exercises, can you please give me the recipe ??

Tom Withers Field Kitchen Cook BAOR15 Royal Signals

Nice hot choco drink
Take one pint mug (we all have one "world biggest mug ".. "I love GRANDAD" )you know the one ... now Put on the hob 3 quarters pint of milk (in a pan of course)slowly bring to the boil take it of just as it starts to rise .... now take 3 large table spoons of hot choc powder put into mug ( sugar to taste)pour in a little COLD milk about two egg cups 1 egg cup of whiskey or brandy or a nice liqueur of your choice ... now get a bag of chocolate buttons and melt in a bowl over a pan of SIMMERING water when melted add a small amount of the hot milk and mix together add all the ingredients together (not the milk ) yet.. now mix until you have a smooth velvety paste once achieved add the hot milk .... then this is the best put hot choc in to a flask tighten lid and then shake pour out into the mug or just give it a good stir DRINK AND ENJOY (suitable for dietary needs lol! )
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   9/9/2012, 15:54

Or stick a Hot Chocolate pod in the machine,Top with marshmallow and smashed up cadburys flake.Just as good if not better and done in seconds.Add spirits to taste. lol!
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: national service   9/9/2012, 16:29

[quote=""john boy

1 egg cup of whiskey or brandy or a nice liqueur of your choice ...

What a damn' waste ! Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: national service   10/9/2012, 09:23

Gordon. wrote:
Or stick a Hot Chocolate pod in the machine,Top with marshmallow and smashed up cadburys flake.Just as good if not better and done in seconds.Add spirits to taste. lol!
Lazy mans way lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   10/9/2012, 11:51

Yep...
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: national service   10/9/2012, 14:36

"john boy" wrote:
Tom Withers wrote:
John Boy It is nice to have contact with a ACC member, I have been trying for along time to find out how the ACC made the nice thick Chocolate Drink we had in the very cold weather when we were out on winter exercises, can you please give me the recipe ??

Tom Withers Field Kitchen Cook BAOR15 Royal Signals

Nice hot choco drink
Take one pint mug (we all have one "world biggest mug ".. "I love GRANDAD" )you know the one ... now Put on the hob 3 quarters pint of milk (in a pan of course)slowly bring to the boil take it of just as it starts to rise .... now take 3 large table spoons of hot choc powder put into mug ( sugar to taste)pour in a little COLD milk about two egg cups 1 egg cup of whiskey or brandy or a nice liqueur of your choice ... now get a bag of chocolate buttons and melt in a bowl over a pan of SIMMERING water when melted add a small amount of the hot milk and mix together add all the ingredients together (not the milk ) yet.. now mix until you have a smooth velvety paste once achieved add the hot milk .... then this is the best put hot choc in to a flask tighten lid and then shake pour out into the mug or just give it a good stir DRINK AND ENJOY (suitable for dietary needs lol! )

How come the Sloppos are working to a menu all of a sudden? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1014
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: national service   10/9/2012, 17:55

Can't wait for the first cold night to try out these new recipes. Which is best whisky or brandy but agree with Brum this might be a waste of a good single malt or vintage brandy. I assume the gut rot variety is best
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   10/9/2012, 19:02

The cheap stuff. JPW, The cheap stuff..The first cold night has been and gone up here..

Might try the coco later but for now ,the single malt will do just nicely
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: national service   11/9/2012, 07:27

JPW wrote:
Can't wait for the first cold night to try out these new recipes. Which is best whisky or brandy but agree with Brum this might be a waste of a good single malt or vintage brandy. I assume the gut rot variety is best

could try this ha ha can anyone tell me where they get this crap from surely it can't be from bonny Scotland lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

PostSubject: Re: national service   11/9/2012, 07:51

Knowing Tesco it is probably bottled in Peckham! A nice Glenmorangie or a Dalmore 62 should do the trick but without the Hot Chocolate. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: national service   11/9/2012, 09:42

It`s made by White and McKay, sells at £10.32 a bottle and tasts like Johnboy`s washing up water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: national service   

Back to top Go down

national service
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next