BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
» Sennelager?
Today at 19:11 by Johnwalker

» John Walker's Bikes
Today at 19:04 by Johnwalker

» British Army VW Beetle (1950s)
Yesterday at 23:33 by burgess720

» It's been awhile guys.
Yesterday at 22:33 by Pborn4

» Books by ex Squaddies
13/10/2017, 14:21 by Shelldrake

» Royal Signals Helmstedt
12/10/2017, 20:35 by rickyrochy

» Cap Badges
11/10/2017, 23:12 by burgess720

» 1 Field Ambulance listed as RCASC
11/10/2017, 18:38 by AlBerry

» John Walker
9/10/2017, 14:16 by Shelldrake

» German musicians in CCG and Officers' Clubs
9/10/2017, 11:09 by JPW

» Barracks in Schleswig-Holstein
9/10/2017, 10:58 by JPW

» Newton Abbot
7/10/2017, 20:00 by KrisT

» Hibernation
5/10/2017, 20:58 by KrisT

» Summer Camp.
5/10/2017, 20:55 by KrisT

» British Forces TV
5/10/2017, 20:52 by KrisT

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

looking for info on walter morgan butler rees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
penmorfa
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   10/11/2009, 04:54

Looking for info on walter morgan butler rees who died at the BMH Hamburg in 1950 approximately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   10/11/2009, 16:48

penmorfa wrote:
Looking for info on walter morgan butler rees who died at the BMH Hamburg in 1950 approximately.

To be able to offer any possible help, you would need to post as much details as you know, even the little bits you may think are of no use, such as:

Who was he with?
What rank was he?
What was his number?
Where was he in BAOR?
What was the reason he was in BMH?
Where did he come from originally?

And anything else you may have. You quite possibly have very little to go on, but every little bit can be of use.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
penmorfa
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   12/11/2009, 04:22

He was working as a civil engineer at the time, working on rebuilding roads. He was with his wife/partner Lesley Kilvert Rees and had 3 small children: Maria, John and Charles (me). He was in the hospital for exhaustion, as far as I know, and died unexpectedly after falling out of bed. I am not sure of his rank at the time, but on my birth certificate he was listed as being with the Foreign Office. I will try to get the exact date of his death. He was originally from Swansea Wales, but had been in Salisbury, England after that. My sister (2 years my senior) and I were born in Bletchley, but my brother (1 year older than me) was born in Hamburg, so my father must have been in Hamburg for a year or more off and on, I assume. We assume he is buried in Hamburg, but have no records of his hospital stay, death or burial. Thank you. Charles Rees
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   13/11/2009, 10:38

Do you have any paperwork on him at all? Where else have you tried looking for him?

You give him working as a Civil Engineer, and this leads me to believe that he was a civilian rather than a serviceman (although that could be open to debate). Or he could have been ex-service working for the F.O.

British deaths overseas are (eventually) recorded by the General record Office. Using "Find My Past", there are numerous pages of deaths overseas that contain the name Rees and of Armed Forces deaths overseas. You would need a subscription to view any details, and would need as many details (Birth date, etc.) as possible to prevent spending too much money.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
penmorfa
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   23/5/2010, 19:24

I believe his date of death was July 22, 1950.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   23/5/2010, 21:29

Bletchley? Sure he was nothing to do with Bletchley park and road engineering was just a cover story? Could have been helping set up monitoring of the Ruskies or is my imagination running riot?

Hope you find out what you want anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
penmorfa
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   23/5/2010, 22:39

The thought has crossed both my and my brother's mind. We lived in Eichenfurta (sp?), which apparently was linked to the German boats after the war. Any ideas about where to look would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   24/5/2010, 10:17

Surely you must be able to obtain a death certificate for him? I registered my childrens births with the British Consulate at Hannover but that was the seventies.

It has to be registered somewhere and you are entitled to have a certificate.

Lots of engineers were employed at Bletchley park, especially Post Office one's. I will have a think and try and get back to you just in case no one else has any ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dandc
Lt Col
Lt Col

Number of posts : 382
Cap Badge : 15/19H.ARMY AIR CORPS
Places Served : tidworth, fallingbostle, detmold, hongkong, minden
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   24/5/2010, 11:04

morning cpt teabag,my eldest son was born in hannover [71],just recently got a copy of his birth certifiate from a regestrar for england i will try an find the number later today and post it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   24/5/2010, 14:25

He is not on this list. Might mean nothing though. Have my sister checking the death records and hopefully she can come up with something.

http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/resources/file.rhtm/591883/r.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for info on walter morgan butler rees   

Back to top Go down

looking for info on walter morgan butler rees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1