BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
» 1947 FIRST ALLIED CROSS-COUNTRY 12 APRIL IN HANNOVER
Today at 16:42 by sponsz

» Wilhelmshaven 1947
Today at 09:40 by steve

» SIXTH SENSE - Closing Down
Yesterday at 20:18 by Pborn4

» Old members of 23 Base Workshop REME
Yesterday at 17:10 by Dina

» Closing Down - Final Curtain and Lights Out
Yesterday at 07:25 by Shelldrake

» RAF Luebeck
20/11/2017, 19:14 by Pborn4

» BFG Drawdown letter Nov 2011
19/11/2017, 22:46 by Pborn4

» BMH Re-visited
19/11/2017, 22:32 by Pborn4

» Looking for pictures/info on BMH Rinteln
19/11/2017, 22:29 by Pborn4

» 1947 Britannia shield cross country 5 mile
19/11/2017, 21:11 by Pborn4

» Memories of Trenchard Barracks, Celle
16/11/2017, 19:19 by numnuts001

» Eckernfoerde
16/11/2017, 12:24 by alan8376

» B.A.O.R 5
15/11/2017, 19:57 by Norman

» BFN (BFBS)
14/11/2017, 09:31 by Chemist

» Sennelager?
12/11/2017, 15:49 by Norman

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   
CalendarCalendar
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 Sports at Bad Lippspringe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChrisP
WOI
WOI
avatar

Number of posts : 100
Localisation : Kent, UK
Cap Badge : RAMC
Places Served : Sennelager, Mil Wing MPH, Ditton, Hohne, Sennelager(again), Newcastle and Rheindahlen
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   12/2/2010, 15:10

Anyone else remember trying to play football at Lippy in the winter. Brass monkeys and welders come to mind. An then in the summer trying play cricket with Harrier jets deliberately hovering overhead! I think they had a 'crash out' site there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
avatar

Number of posts : 960
Age : 67
Localisation : Merseyside
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   12/2/2010, 19:25

They certainly did. We supplied comms on exercises with them as 21st Signal Regt. They also held the Rhine Army Horse show there I think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bob
WOII
WOII
avatar

Number of posts : 94
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E
Places Served : 74c Deepcut, Bordon,Detmold, Hohne, Osnabruck, Soest
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   12/2/2010, 19:30

If I remember right the Joint Services Parachute Centre was there.

Teabag did you mean the Rhine Army Summer Show....RASS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisP
WOI
WOI
avatar

Number of posts : 100
Localisation : Kent, UK
Cap Badge : RAMC
Places Served : Sennelager, Mil Wing MPH, Ditton, Hohne, Sennelager(again), Newcastle and Rheindahlen
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Sports At Bad Lippspringe   12/2/2010, 19:41

They held all kinds of events there. We had to do our BFTs in that area. I would come across 21 Sigs again at St Tonis. I became a football referee and covered their games many times. They had the best team in BAOR at that time. But will always remember the cold at Lippy. It was the Summer Show which included the gee gees if I remember well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisP
WOI
WOI
avatar

Number of posts : 100
Localisation : Kent, UK
Cap Badge : RAMC
Places Served : Sennelager, Mil Wing MPH, Ditton, Hohne, Sennelager(again), Newcastle and Rheindahlen
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   12/2/2010, 19:44

Got that wrong!!! It was 28 Sigs at St Tonis - oops sorry. They really did have the best football team at that time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
avatar

Number of posts : 960
Age : 67
Localisation : Merseyside
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   23/2/2010, 20:12

ChrisP wrote:
Got that wrong!!! It was 28 Sigs at St Tonis - oops sorry. They really did have the best football team at that time.

Yes it was always 28 Signal Regiment for football. 21st Signal Regt were the athletes, not that manning and records specifically sent the best to these regiments. Not much they never!

Perhaps it wasn't where they held the horse trials. We did organise it one year from Detmold but that was a long time ago and I can't be sure where it was now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlienFTM
Sgt
Sgt


Number of posts : 28
Age : 62
Localisation : Hampshire
Cap Badge : 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars
Places Served : NI, Tidworth, UNFICYP, BAOR, Worthy Down
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   8/6/2011, 16:39

bob wrote:
If I remember right the Joint Services Parachute Centre was there.

Teabag did you mean the Rhine Army Summer Show....RASS

I am quite sure he did mean the Rhine Army Summer Show. Took place in high summer. I can still see me doing something to help set up and taking a tractor up and down a track at CVR(T) speeds (well it would have been had I been able to make the thing change up).

As one of two cavalry regiments in Paderborn Garrison, anything horsey got delegated either to us (15/19H) or to Scots DG.

There was also a Rhine Army Horse Trials about April. My Unit Paymaster, with whom I yacht raced out of Kiel (qv) every year had introduced me to my wife. 15/19H volunteered him to judge a fence in 1982. He went off his trolley. "I am not a cavalry officer. I am scared of horses. First horse comes my way, I am off." He got off.

However as a control signaller well known to Command Troop (having just completed three years there) I did get volunteered. I took my wife of about 9 months to share the pleasure. On the way home at the end of the day, she started to show signs of morning sickness. I was to become a father. Not something you forget.

As for the JSPC(L). We Arms Plotted from Tidworth to Paderborn in October 1977. I found myself volunteered to do a freefall course at JSPC Netheravon the three weeks before we moved. First weekend in Padders, one of the lads who'd been on the course informed me he'd blagged transport to Bad L so we could carry straight on.

He went on to earn a Queen's Commendation by saving the lives of two colleagues when they got entangled during a fall: three landed on one canopy.

Me? I found better things to spend my beer tokens on. Well it was winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arrse.co.uk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   8/6/2011, 16:51

Quote :
Yes it was always 28 Signal Regiment for football. 21st Signal Regt were the athletes,

And 7 Signal Regiment for rugby and hockey
Back to top Go down
Nobby
WOII
WOII
avatar

Number of posts : 79
Age : 57
Localisation : Leicester
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Tidworth, Sennelarger, Werl, Munsterlager, Catterick, Paderborn, Ripon, Detmold, Marchwood.
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   8/6/2011, 21:12

AlienFTM wrote:
bob wrote:
If I remember right the Joint Services Parachute Centre was there.

Teabag did you mean the Rhine Army Summer Show....RASS

I am quite sure he did mean the Rhine Army Summer Show. Took place in high summer. I can still see me doing something to help set up and taking a tractor up and down a track at CVR(T) speeds (well it would have been had I been able to make the thing change up).

As one of two cavalry regiments in Paderborn Garrison, anything horsey got delegated either to us (15/19H) or to Scots DG.

There was also a Rhine Army Horse Trials about April. My Unit Paymaster, with whom I yacht raced out of Kiel (qv) every year had introduced me to my wife. 15/19H volunteered him to judge a fence in 1982. He went off his trolley. "I am not a cavalry officer. I am scared of horses. First horse comes my way, I am off." He got off.

However as a control signaller well known to Command Troop (having just completed three years there) I did get volunteered. I took my wife of about 9 months to share the pleasure. On the way home at the end of the day, she started to show signs of morning sickness. I was to become a father. Not something you forget.

As for the JSPC(L). We Arms Plotted from Tidworth to Paderborn in October 1977. I found myself volunteered to do a freefall course at JSPC Netheravon the three weeks before we moved. First weekend in Padders, one of the lads who'd been on the course informed me he'd blagged transport to Bad L so we could carry straight on.

He went on to earn a Queen's Commendation by saving the lives of two colleagues when they got entangled during a fall: three landed on one canopy.

Me? I found better things to spend my beer tokens on. Well it was winter.

I was on the dropzone the day that the incident happened. The guy that carried them all down ended up with the worst injury. If memory serves me right, he damaged his back. the other 2 walked away without a scratch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sports at Bad Lippspringe   

Back to top Go down
 
Sports at Bad Lippspringe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sports at Bad Lippspringe
» 2 Red Lamborghini Sports Cars
» An old yellow sports car.
» Vendredi 3 Juin : Sports extrêmes.
» Hand signals in sports

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations :: Locations within BAOR and NW Europe :: Bad Lippspringe-
Jump to: