BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

Afer

Most users ever online was 212 on 6/12/2017, 00:36
July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Wearing service kit

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
VMjonah
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Wearing service kit - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime4/10/2010, 23:14

No mention of 44 pattern webbing I see. We were issued it in about 1961 in Cyprus (I was attached to 42 Fld Regt RA) and the regiment had been issued No 2 Dress in 1959/60 at Plymouth but wore it , originally, with a khaki forage cap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 14:02

I'm not sure what pattern we wore Jonah, I think it was '38 though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 14:02

OH, and welcome to the site mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 20:09

VMjonah wrote:
No mention of 44 pattern webbing I see. We were issued it in about 1961 in Cyprus (I was attached to 42 Fld Regt RA) and the regiment had been issued No 2 Dress in 1959/60 at Plymouth but wore it , originally, with a khaki forage cap.

I never came across '44 webbing, I allways thought it was for issue with Far East OGs. '38, '57 pattern myself.

42 were early getting No 2 dress, we got it around '62 I think. You mentioned "khaki forage cap, was that the one that was called the SD cap (among other things !) ?

When did 42 leave the Citadel Jonah ? My brother in law was in 29 Fd and went to Plymouth about '61.

brum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VMjonah
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 08:05

Yes 44 pattern was known as "Jungle" kit but was issued to us in the Near East.
The first cap issued wasn't the old SD cap but was the same design as the No 1 Dress Forage cap only covered in the same material as the No 2 Dress.I understood that 42 got No 2s so early because they were the first all regular regiment after NS although we did have a few national Savages in the LAD.
May 1960 they left The Citadel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

Number of posts : 270
Cap Badge : RAOC/RLC/AGC
Places Served : Bielefeld, Guetersloh, Viersen, Bracht, Falklands, Aldershot, Leconsfield, NI, Rwanda, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 11:56

1990 - we were issued '58 pattern webbing and sometimes the odd bit of '44 would slip in - the water bottle covers, they were fantastic. PLCE replaced 58 in the mid nineties which is good but lacks the versatility of 58 pattern which could be made to be the way you wanted. Now, we wear battle vests, a vast improvement and again can be changed as you need and want them - soldiering is fun again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wearing service kit   Wearing service kit - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wearing service kit
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4