BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Sennelager 1977
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 23:15 by Spike68

» Trying to identify a likely lad!
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:36 by SarahN

» New website britisharmyingermany.com
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime4/5/2024, 20:24 by steve

» Sheil Barracks, Verden
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime28/4/2024, 10:29 by steve

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

Number of posts : 270
Cap Badge : RAOC/RLC/AGC
Places Served : Bielefeld, Guetersloh, Viersen, Bracht, Falklands, Aldershot, Leconsfield, NI, Rwanda, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 16:30

Served RLC 1993 (6 Ord Bn), TDU Viersen (1993-95), 3 BAD Bracht (1995-96) - anyone from then here?
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 16:40

I was nearly RLC mate, I left in '93 when they all amalgamated, I still had 6 months to serve and I suppose they couldn't be arsed to make me change over, especially as I was against it and on 6 months gardening leave at the time. Smile

Lucky escape in my mind. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

Number of posts : 270
Cap Badge : RAOC/RLC/AGC
Places Served : Bielefeld, Guetersloh, Viersen, Bracht, Falklands, Aldershot, Leconsfield, NI, Rwanda, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 16:56

You aren't wrong - at the time our whole world was thrown into turmoil.

Our Company became a squadron, we got an RCT SSM who wanted bulled boots all the time if you weren't in the vehicle park - not practical in a warehouse at all. He was, however a much fairer Sergeant major than most MTI CSM/SSM sort of chaps due to the RCTs regimental duties style of training!
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 09:06

It must have been very difficult really, I am pleased I missed out on it, I wouldn't have been RLC anyway, I know the Staff Clerks went AGC but I don't know where the prog/anals went, do you?
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 11:54

I re-badged RLC but refused to wear the RLC Mess Dress as I had less than a year to serve. I changed my cap badge, stable belt & lanyard and put RLC collar dogs on my RAOC Mess Dress as we were given 6 months if you were leaving, but many like myself pushed it to 12 and some a little longer. It was not really pushed as we did not wear the drinking suit that often, and being in a mixed mess, no one really noticed anyway!

Job wise nothing changed for me as I was employed away from the Corps at the time, and other than the Queens Farewell Parade at Deepcut (as RAOC) I never returned to the fold.

Jim, Staff Clerks re-badged to AGC in late 1992, and I think Programmer/Analyst [which was a trade] remained RAOC/RLC but was contracted out in 1994ish as part of the emerging DSDA

Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 13:21

das, Thanks Mike, shame about that, I don't want to brag but we did good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????   Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I the only ex RLC chap on this forum board????
Page 1 of 1