BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ceremonial

Go down 
+8
Eric England
gingerjim
Dee Z
Daveb
Shelldrake
cartav
ciphers
brum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Ceremonial - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 10:27

[quote="Daveb"]          

Nos 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10 and 11 Dress.

No 8 Dress when authorised by regional commanders for specific parades.

Pardon my ignorance, mate.

"No 1 dress", "No 2 dress"-roger so far.

"No 8 dress" ? What the hell is that ?

Am I to understand there are modes of dress numbering 1 to (at least) 11 ?

I bet one of them is a "Suits, Santa, Severe weather".  santa 

Back to top Go down
Daveb
WOI
WOI
Daveb

Number of posts : 105
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Iserlohn, Herford X 2
Registration date : 2010-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 10:35

Here you go.

No.8: Temperate combat dress

Multi Terrain Pattern (MTP) field jacket (smock) and trousers, worn with beret, helmet or camouflaged hat. The current system is known as Combat Uniform (CU) which was introduced as part of Project PECOC and replaced the Combat Soldier 95 (CS 95) system. In recent years, the British army has begun introducing Tactical Recognition Flashes - these are distinctive insignia worn on the arm of combat gear. TRFs denote the wearer's regiment or corps (or sub division thereof in the case of the AGC). The clothing system is designed to be lightweight, yet durable enough to be used throughout rigorous activities soldiers find themselves performing. It has also been designed with the idea that layers of clothing (referred to as onion skins) are much warmer and flexible than a singular thick layer. In addition to the shirt; a t-shirt, vest, combat jacket, shirt man's field ('Norgie' or 'Norwegian'), or Gore-Tex fabric waterproof jacket is worn dependent on weather, along with various types of gloves, underwear, trousers, all-in-one suits etc.

Santa Suit = No 13 dress I think
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 10:40

Thanks for that.

"Various types of glove", I like the sound of that.
I hope there's an improvement on the soaking- wet "Gloves woollen, knitted", the idiots made us wear !
Back to top Go down
Daveb
WOI
WOI
Daveb

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 10:40

Sorry Brum, showing my ignorance, here are the Dress no's in use.

Uniform numbers

The British army numbers its uniforms for ease of instruction.[5] Fourteen 'orders' of dress are authorised and prescribed to be worn on various occasions (plus No. 15 dress worn only by the Royal Regiment of Scotland). "Full Dress" is also prescribed for individual regiments; outside the Household Division it is however seldom worn except by regimental drummers, buglers and other limited categories.

Note that uniform distinctions can vary greatly from one Regiment or Corps to another, and the following descriptions are a generalization. Also, while there are officially fifteen different grades (or 'Numbers'), many of these are rarely worn or are being phased out altogether. (For example, the different varieties of combat uniform (No. 5 (Desert), No. 8 (Temperate) and No. 9 (Tropical)) though still listed in the dress regulations, are in the process of being replaced by the new 'Multi-Terrain Pattern' No. 8 dress.)
Wiki has got it all on there.
Back to top Go down
Daveb
WOI
WOI
Daveb

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 10:44

brum wrote:
Thanks for that.

"Various types of glove", I like the sound of that.
I hope there's an improvement on the soaking- wet "Gloves woollen, knitted", the idiots made us wear !

Gloves, wet , frozen hand went between Shoes, canvas, PT and Tins, mess, Aluminium on you 1157 I think Brum !.
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 10:50

How did we ever manage with just BD & denims ? I bet Storeman (Clothing) is an A trade now ...... or what the equivalent rating is.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

Number of posts : 232
Cap Badge : REME 1972 - 1984
Places Served : Arborfield, Deepcut Camberley 25 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 4 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 655 Sqn AAC Detmold, QRIH Padderbon, 9/12 Lancers Muenster, 655 Tank Tptr Sqn Fallingbostel, HQ REME 3rd Armd Div Korbecke, SEE Arborfield, HQ REME Trg Center Arborfield.
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 11:11

cartav wrote:
How did we ever manage with just BD & denims ?  I bet Storeman (Clothing) is an A trade now ...... or what  the equivalent rating is.

Blimey it should be a T trade. lol! 
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 12:04

Nige P wrote:

............... The people like to see the soldiers 'as they are', hence marching in MTP with medals.........,
Nige

How do they know this ? Was a questionnaire distributed ? I would have thought that padding along in unpolished desert boots, or whatever they are, clad in unpressed MTP (I've learned that at least !), with a beret on top worn in any of half a dozen ways to conform with the individual's personal preference, was anything but suitable attire for a formal parade.

As I've quoted my mate before ....... "It depends on your standards " . If that's 'as they are' somebody should get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 14:27

Daveb wrote:
Here you go.

Multi Terrain Pattern (MTP) field jacket (smock) and trousers, worn with beret, helmet or camouflaged hat. The current system is known as Combat Uniform (CU) which was introduced as part of Project PECOC and replaced the Combat Soldier 95 (CS 95) system. In recent years, the British army has begun introducing Tactical Recognition Flashes - these are distinctive insignia worn on the arm of combat gear. TRFs denote the wearer's regiment or corps (or sub division thereof in the case of the AGC). The clothing system is designed to be lightweight, yet durable enough to be used throughout rigorous activities soldiers find themselves performing. It has also been designed with the idea that layers of clothing (referred to as onion skins) are much warmer and flexible than a singular thick layer. In addition to the shirt; a t-shirt, vest, combat jacket, shirt man's field ('Norgie' or 'Norwegian'), or Gore-Tex fabric waterproof jacket is worn dependent on weather, along with various types of gloves, underwear, trousers, all-in-one suits etc.

As Harold Macmillan once said "You've never had it so good". How do they manage to get all that kit in their suitcase and kitbag, there can't be much room left for their Holdall, Housewife or Buttonstick.
Back to top Go down
Chemist
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Chemist

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 14:55

Shelldrake wrote:
Daveb wrote:
Here you go.

As Harold Macmillan once said "You've never had it so good".   How do they manage to get all that kit in their suitcase and kitbag, there can't be much room left for their Holdall, Housewife  or Buttonstick.
Not to mention drawers cellular. But then I don't suppose they use Brasso or blanco now. santa 
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

Places Served : Arborfield, Deepcut Camberley 25 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 4 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 655 Sqn AAC Detmold, QRIH Padderbon, 9/12 Lancers Muenster, 655 Tank Tptr Sqn Fallingbostel, HQ REME 3rd Armd Div Korbecke, SEE Arborfield, HQ REME Trg Center Arborfield.

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 15:01

Chemist wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:
Daveb wrote:
Here you go.

As Harold Macmillan once said "You've never had it so good".   How do they manage to get all that kit in their suitcase and kitbag, there can't be much room left for their Holdall, Housewife  or Buttonstick.
Not to mention drawers cellular. But then I don't suppose they use Brasso or blanco now. santa 

They probably us shoes bulling program 12.2.50 and trousers cleaning program 15.10.0 and this is without the computers help LOL.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 15:15

There will be an EMER for REME types, Eric.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2013, 15:25

Shelldrake wrote:

The Artillery is all computer controled now also, no need for gunners just a few computer savey types. More redundancies on the way me finks.
Back to top Go down
Dee Z
WOI
WOI
Dee Z

Number of posts : 169
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Pembroke Dock, Lippstadt,Plymouth, Middle east, Singapore
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/4/2014, 08:56

What you miss when you are on the parade

Back to top Go down
Nobby
WOII
WOII
Nobby

Number of posts : 79
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Tidworth, Sennelarger, Werl, Munsterlager, Catterick, Paderborn, Ripon, Detmold, Marchwood.
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/4/2014, 22:59

Eric England wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:

The Artillery is all computer controled now also, no need for gunners just a few computer savey types. More redundancies on the way me finks.

I served with 39 Hy (MLRS) Regt during the Gulf War. The lads had only just received the MLRS system and we were deployed to Saudi and carried out the commissioning firing whilst out there. The Regt had 'T' Shirts produced saying 'Grid Square Removal Service'. On the commissioning firing, they missed the grid square by 2K's.

After much testing of the equipment and the Colonel blaming the Met, it came to light that the planks couldn't press the right buttons for the Grid reference.

Oh how we laughed!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2014, 12:56

I remember that - it was about the same time that VMs became Fitters. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ceremonial   Ceremonial - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ceremonial
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations :: General - Non-BAOR-
Jump to: