BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 50 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

the sounds of germany..the 70s

Go down 
+23
"john boy"
Nutstrangler
whitehorse660
Norman
Themaadone
stuartmartin
jerry
Shelldrake
ChrisP
mjm34
jim
bob
brum
recymech
Buzz
Bugsy
Paul
Teabag
alan8376
Hardrations
Stephen Lock
dandc
graham wright
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 18:50

jonathon/aka"JOHN BOY" wrote:
the only sounds of the 70s i remember is some old guy yodelling or Mr Richard Clayderman
playing the piano( my old man had some strange taste in music back then) myself i hate to say it it was glam rock how times have changed lol!

Hey....glam rock was cool -- then! David Bowie, Gary Glitter (the old perv!), Bay City Rollers, T-Rex (classic stuff, that! Especially Marc Bolan's first foray as T-Rex with "Electric Warrior").... some of us liked it as well as the heavy metal stuff (only back then it was called "progressive rock") like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson (I loved In The Court of the Crimson King). I don't know if Emerson, Lake, and Palmer could rightly be classified as "heavy metal"....no....but "progressive" certainly. Ooooh, what a lucky man he was!!! Fantastic stuff....
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 19:03

Stephen Lock wrote:
the only sounds of the 70s i remember is some old guy yodelling or Mr Richard Clayderman
playing the piano( my old man had some strange taste in music back then) myself i hate to say it it was glam rock how times have changed lol!

Hey....glam rock was cool -- then! David Bowie, Gary Glitter (the old perv!), Bay City Rollers, T-Rex (classic stuff, that! Especially Marc Bolan's first foray as T-Rex with "Electric Warrior").... some of us liked it as well as the heavy metal stuff (only back then it was called "progressive rock") like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson (I loved In The Court of the Crimson King). I don't know if Emerson, Lake, and Palmer could rightly be classified as "heavy metal"....no....but "progressive" certainly. Ooooh, what a lucky man he was!!! Fantastic stuff....
you forgot SWEET lol!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 20:03

Stephen Lock wrote:

you forgot SWEET lol!
the music was cool as you say it was the fashion that was the problem lol!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 23:23

Don't recall SWEET....name some of the songs...or hum a few bars...oh, wait, that won't work! No audio here LOL
Back to top Go down
stuartmartin
Sgt
Sgt
stuartmartin

Number of posts : 24
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Duisberg Bünde Ösnabrück Hamm Belfast Batus
Registration date : 2010-12-11

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime29/1/2011, 04:49

Back to top Go down
Nutstrangler
Sgt
Sgt
Nutstrangler

Number of posts : 25
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield, Malaya, Singapore, Brunei , Kuching, Bulford, Bunde, Bordon, Dhekelia, Iserlohn, Lemgo,Hameln, Zimbabwe.
Registration date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime29/1/2011, 13:53

Nutstrangler wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MnCzMduqg

This one appeared on the juke-boxes in most of the bars round Bunde when I was there.
*Achtung!*......Dodgy-looking dancer alert!
Strangler when were you posted to Lemgo

Hi Jon,was in Lemgo from 21/06/76 until 13/08/78, firstly with 2LI, then 1RWF. Was then posted to Hameln.
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/5/2011, 16:25

Must have been easy for you lads with the frauleins........ The sound we got from them in the 1950's usually was "Tommy go home!" Fair enough, we would agree with that but being there wasn't our idea, it wasn't possible . So we came up with an answer.........
" Wenn Tommy geht, kommt Ivan ". That usually made them think it could be worse. And the funny thing was that, when the regt was posted back to UK, there were plenty in Salisbury who also saw us as a threat to their daughters.
Back to top Go down
TDivers
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 65
Cap Badge : Former Royal Engineer
Places Served : Munsterlager, Hohne, Sennelager, Nienburg, Osnabruck
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime25/5/2011, 03:44

Stephen Lock wrote:

Have to google all these names and check it out way to old for me......... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.thailand-divers.com

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/2013, 05:34

Heinje in the 'hit par rade' sang ' Mother of Mine'. Dana was big in the German Charts in the 70's too.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/2013, 14:44

[quote="MEMORIES"]Heinje in the 'hit par rade' sang ' Mother of Mine'.   Dana was big in the German Charts in the 70's too.

Looks a little bit dated now, but he did have a good voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYCuxzk6swU

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/2013, 17:16

Wow look at that! Oh my. I used to watch that little boy singing on TV in Dortmund.
Used to remember using the 'shower tap' as a Microphone at Bathtime and singing, 'Young Girl' Gary Puckett and the Union Gap,  'Those were the days'  Mary Hopkin' 'Fox on the Run' - Manfred Man and loads of others including Massachussettes - Bee Gees, Leapy Lee - Little Arrows and Dizzy - Tommy Roe.  

Remember Scaffold - Lily the Pink, Lulu, Im a Tiger. Bands, the Troggs, The Tremoloes, everything was 'THE' before the band name.Very Happy between sixties/early seventies. I loved Bowie and Bolan probably leant to more the commercial stuff as the 70s evolved but my brother was into Genesis 'Brain Salad Surgery' Edwin Starr, Deep Purple (Fantastic LP - Who do you think we are') just loved music.

Last edited by MEMORIES on 20/11/2013, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cliffo
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 97
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : Farnborough, Aldershot, Sennelager, Duisdurg, Cyprus - Platres, Nicosia
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/2013, 19:20

The big hit on BFN and Forces Family Favourites in '54 was Oh Mein Papa by the Oberkirken Kinder Choir - How sad is that!! Funny thing was - it was not played on German radio and the German record shops had never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Cliffo
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 97
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : Farnborough, Aldershot, Sennelager, Duisdurg, Cyprus - Platres, Nicosia
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/2013, 08:32

Correction - it was the Obernkirchen Kinder Choir singing 'The Happy Wanderer' at least I got the year right!!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/2013, 12:16

Cliffo wrote:
Correction - it was the Obernkirchen Kinder Choir singing 'The Happy Wanderer' at least I got the year right!!

I knew that.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ritter
Maj
Maj
ritter

Number of posts : 265
Cap Badge : Royal Canadian Artillery
Places Served : CFB Valcartier, CFB Borden, AFVR Meaford, Ipperwash, CAN; Hannover, Putlos; 21 Fd Regt RCA(M)
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/2013, 16:04

BAOR(27CIB)
The sounds of Germany, 50s
Tracing back Shelldrake's thread,  I remember  the entertainer at the Rot Muhle Klub (The Red Mill) in   Hannover trying to sing an American hit , The A,B,C, song, in a mixture of German  and English.  It was hilarious.  A bottle of French haute Sautern  may have contributed  to the hilarity. I have tried a number of times to locate the song on UTube  with no luck.
  ritter
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/2013, 16:58

ritter wrote:
BAOR(27CIB)
The sounds of Germany, 50s
Tracing back Shelldrake's thread,  I remember  the entertainer at the Rot Muhle Klub (The Red Mill) in   Hannover trying to sing an American hit , The A,B,C, song, in a mixture of German  and English.  It was hilarious.  A bottle of French haute Sautern  may have contributed  to the hilarity. I have tried a number of times to locate the song on UTube  with no luck.
  ritter

Bob, did you mean the German Alphabet song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PRE26_B6aE
Back to top Go down
ritter
Maj
Maj
ritter

Number of posts : 265
Cap Badge : Royal Canadian Artillery
Places Served : CFB Valcartier, CFB Borden, AFVR Meaford, Ipperwash, CAN; Hannover, Putlos; 21 Fd Regt RCA(M)
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/2013, 17:40

BAOR(27CIB)
the sounds of Germany 50's
Shelldrake, you are right on with  your correction about my elusive English search for the A,B,C, song.  I was able to navigate through your hyperlink and found it immediately on UTube.  It lists a number of German versions  for the song,  one being Das  Deutsche alphabet-ABC Lied.  I remember  the German entertainer getting  the patrons  at the club involved.  I have added the lied to my favorite song list on my BB Playbook.
    Thanks much,
     Bob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the sounds of germany..the 70s
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3