BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 2 Bots

steve

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Farewell to Hamburg

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Farewell to Hamburg Empty
PostSubject: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime15/11/2012, 14:41

Many months ago I visited this site and asked a few questions and for some guidance regarding the period 1945 onwards and particularly about Hamburg. This for the book I was writing at that time, called Farewell to Hamburg.

I was contacted by many helpful members and have been grateful ever since, thank you once again for your interest.

My book has now been published and is freely available at Amazon, Authorhouse UK and Waterstones Book Store in London.

Why not look at what I have written, using the ISBN Number only to search:

This will locate the book for you and you will see that it will surely be of interest to anyone who served in WW2 or was part of the occupation forces from 1945 onward, particularly in Hamburg.

I wish you a good read.
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1000
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime15/11/2012, 17:50

Danke Dieter
mfg
Steve
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com Online
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime15/11/2012, 18:50

Danke Dieter

Alles gut in die zukunf
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1000
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime19/11/2012, 16:14

Moin Dieter

Your book is now with me on the Cuxhaven Peninsular with a VERY quick Amazon service looking forward to reading your story

Best regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com Online
burgess720
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime22/11/2012, 05:43

Dieter.Rudolph wrote:
Many months ago I visited this site and asked a few questions and for some guidance regarding the period 1945 onwards and particularly about Hamburg. This for the book I was writing at that time, called Farewell to Hamburg.

I was contacted by many helpful members and have been grateful ever since, thank you once again for your interest.

My book has now been published and is freely available at Amazon, Authorhouse UK and Waterstones Book Store in London.

Why not look at what I have written, using the ISBN Number only to search:

This will locate the book for you and you will see that it will surely be of interest to anyone who served in WW2 or was part of the occupation forces from 1945 onward, particularly in Hamburg.

I wish you a good read.

Hi Dieter Rudolph,
Have read the portion of your book on line, very interesting; a good memory
I was a child during WWII close to London; but you had it 100 times tougher than we did. At our age boys there was plenty to keep us occuppied, with much collecting of souvenirs and exchanging of live ammunition at school. The official figures for our area states we had 1072 air raid warnings during 1939-1945; if you could hear a bomb whistling down it has missed you
Those eastern counties manufactured incendenary bombs for "Hitler" did not explode in soft ground, picked up a few one morning
Very surprised you could get into any kaserne even as children; also you were lucky to get permission to travel to Cosweg and back, travels controls very strict from what I hear; trains also wanted for military
Important to record history, especially for future generalations
Lucky to have survived the war, regards Tony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime22/11/2012, 11:24

Thank's for your comments Tony. We are all lucky to have lived through that period, many were not.

Glad you like the book, it is now also available as an e book for Kinle and is very much cheaper, look at Amazon e books ISBN 9781477242025.

Personally I feel a book held in the hand is much more rewarding and having seen my book on Kindle (borrowed a friends) it looses a lot of impact is my view. Perhaps I am too old for all this modern stuff.

Yes, I believe that we were fortunate in being able to travel as we did, also the escapades we got up to as kid's.

Why not get someone to buy the book for you for X-mas. Will help them also perhaps as wondering what to get people has for me always been a bloody headache.
Back to top Go down
rucjock21
Maj
Maj
rucjock21

Number of posts : 279
Cap Badge : The Jocks
Places Served : Everywhere.
Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime22/11/2012, 12:34

Just took delivery of your book Dieter very quick delivery from Amazon.Just need to find time to read it as I am reading another book about British Intelligence starting up in the early 1900's at the moment and your book will be the next one I read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime24/2/2017, 17:07

I sincerely hope that if you have purchased my book "Farewell to Hamburg" first published 2012, that you found it interesting, reading how a German family lived through and was affected by WWII. At the time of writing all that is documented regarding our father and the fact that he was reported missing presumed dead at Stalingrad in 1943 was as far as our family knew correct.

However, after the death of our fathers second wife, when clearing out the apartment in Cologne for selling off, we discovered documents in 2014 that had never been mentioned by him before he died in 1975 or later by his second wife, perhaps she did not know they existed.

My book of 2012 was then altered to include what we had discovered and published again this time using Amazon and WWW.Createspace.com and Amazon company for independent authors, such as myself.

For us to discover what really happened to our Wehrmacht Father was amazing!

Never read the book? Then visit https://www.amazon.com/author/dieterrudolph and see books published by me. If you purchase FAREWELL TO HAMBURG do ensure you purchase the November 7 2015 version, the one listed in paperback at $13.53 NOT the 2012 version stupidly offered at $760.00 over which I have no control.

HAVE PURCHASED AND READ THE BOOK published in 2012?

No need to be without the information we discovered, just drop me a line dieter.rudolphs.books@gmail.com and I will send you the pages that illustrate the complete details written by our father as an mail attachment. No charge, just want you to also know the true story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to Hamburg   Farewell to Hamburg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farewell to Hamburg
Page 1 of 1