BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

67 company rasc munster westfallen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 15
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : England/Germany/ Munster Westfalen/Mulheim
Registration date : 2008-05-30

67 company rasc munster westfallen Empty
PostSubject: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime30/5/2008, 09:56

Just discovered this site. Was stationed in munster [westfalen] april 1947 with 67 company RASC [was still part of the 7th armoured brigade till the company was disbanded May 1948] the barracks was then handed over to the Yugoslavian royalists who were used by the British army for a period to guard various ammo dumps I don't think they occupied the place long.The Barracks was in a main road out of town going north in the direction of Osnabruck [the name of the barracks and the road escapes me].

Was then posted to 11 company RASC Mulheim till January 1949 The barracks in Munster is demolished and now housing, I wonder if any one out there remembers it, there was also another barracks futher down the road towards town used as a transit camp to debrief German prisoners of war returning from Russia.

Last edited by slim harris on 7/6/2008, 13:44; edited 3 times in total

adoc31 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Munster - Osnabruck Strasse   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime30/5/2008, 11:03

Hello and welcome Slim,

It sounds, possibly, that you were in the Loddenheide area, where Buller, Swinton, and Waterloo Barracks were situated, although I cannot be certain. Can you think of any other road names, landmarks, etc from your tim in Munster?

Also, if you were in Mulheim, you would have been in Wrexham Barracks - it was the only military establishment in the place. Closing in 1994, that has also been demolished and used for housing.

Have you had a look around the locations on the main site yet? If you can add any details, no matter how small, Philip will appreciate it.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime30/5/2008, 15:37

Hi Paul! the barracks was in osnabruck strasse on the left going out of town there was a shop not quite opposite[still there] and a local goods or industrial unmaned railway line possibly small gauge as you turned right out of the barracks tree lined road on the way out of town going towards osnabruck. I have acouple of photos that survived all my moves would it be ok to put one on site?

I'm not sure what I can add to describe the barracks because they were virtually all the same. Ispent time also in Hounslow ex cavalry barracks beaver camp before going to Germany.

All the best Slim.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re:- Munster   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime30/5/2008, 16:37

slim harris wrote:
Hi Paul! the barracks was in osnabruck strasse on the left going out of town there was a shop not quite opposite[still there] and a local goods or industrial unmaned railway line possibly small gauge as you turned right out of the barracks tree lined road on the way out of town going towards osnabruck. I have acouple of photos that survived all my moves would it be ok to put one on site?

All the best Slim.

Slim,

Of course it would be OK to put a photograph up. The more photographs, the better for the site. If you upload it to this thread, it is quite possible that someone will remember it, especially the "Old hands" (and I mean not a jot of disrespect to either yourself or others who visit these Forums). If it can be recognised, then it could be copied to the correct location.

Without you, and others like you, memories will disappear into the past with no chance of salvage.

What was the name of the shop and/or what was sold there, if you remember. It could narrow down the area a little more.

I seem to remember industrial railway lines from my time in Munster (some 40-odd years after you) but exactly where escapes me.

I still have the notion that you could be talking about Buller/Swinton/Waterloo. Oxford Barracks, where I was, was on its own out towards Roxel, and the others in the area all seemed to be on their own as well.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime30/5/2008, 17:30

It was a small general shop which stood alone on a corner, I've looked up my army records which showed I was posted from munster to mulheim in may 1948 to 11 company rasc most of my time being spent in munster.

When were you posted there if we exchange info it might give us a clue? I'll sign off for now speak to you to morow all the best. slim................[I use this name because this is the only handle I was known by]
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime31/5/2008, 12:46

Hi Paul! I've got a feeling that 1947 is so long ago it's like me ancient history, I think that barracks is buried in the mists of time and I don't think there are many left from that time who
are on the net.

Thanks for responding to my post you've been very
helpful I may post a photo on the site,it is within the barracks and showing myself and 3cwt beford with a caved in front which I was driving and had an unavoidable accident. If I do,do need a write up with it? it will be bit later I'm not quite sure how to transfer it from my printer I have mate who doe's
I don't mind being asked to make a contribution at any time but am not sure they will be anything but reminiscences. anyway what page do I go to first to post an immage. cheers slim
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Photographs.   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime1/6/2008, 17:11

Hello again Slim,

Do you have a scanner, or access to one? If you do, try scanning the photo and use the process shown here:-

http://baor-locations.com/forum.aspx

This should help you to upload the photograph to the Forum. If the photo is of inside the Barracks, maybe there will be someone who recognises it and can name where it is.

Unfortunately, there is little or nothing in the way of photographs on the Munster page here:-

http://baor-locations.com/munster.aspx

Anything that can be found will be appreciated.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: 11 Company R.A.S.C.   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime2/6/2008, 10:31

Slim,

Just found a mention of 11 Company here:-

http://baor-locations.com/UbiqueBks.aspx

Paul.
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime3/6/2008, 11:03

Hi paul ! I was in Munster on the date metioned in the 11 company write up.........thanks for the interest.

I got my professional computer wiz to try to send image but came to a halt on the upload screen as he couldn't find any instruction to paste it onto the site..........any suggestions?

slim.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Posting images   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime3/6/2008, 13:25

I will see if I can find a suitable image, and post one for myself, temporarily possibly.

I will let you know what happens.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re:- Posting images.   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime3/6/2008, 14:30

Slim, I will send you a P.M. later on.

I tried posting a couple of images and they uploaded. See the Mohnesee thread.

I think I might know what went awry in your upload.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime4/6/2008, 10:22

Hi paul! partial sucess found my way on the imaging method[by myself] with the help of your instructions thanks again.

The thumb nail size doesn't do it justice tried to increase but it seemed to ignore my instructions. I need to pratcice to tidy every thing up we have lift off.

slim.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Image   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime5/6/2008, 00:04

Slim,

Did you delete your post with the image? I did see it, but did not have time to comment then.

It looks as though you clicked the copy button on the thumbnail instead of the image.

Have another try, and look below the image title for the copy button.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: 67 coy Rasc Munster westfalen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime5/6/2008, 10:41

Posing by my badly bruised Bedford oy 3ton 4x2 after an altercation with an immovable object67 company rasc munster westfallen Slim1927
Back to top Go down
slimmer
Cpl
Cpl

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime5/6/2008, 10:47

Hi Paul I can't at the moment increase the size for the site but found that by clicking on to the image it increases the the size I don't know if it only responds to me or if any on the site can do it have a try and let me know...................thanks.

slim

Last edited by slim harris on 7/6/2008, 12:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Image size   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime5/6/2008, 16:08

Slim,

It opens in another window, and is increased in size when I click on it.

So I would say it will do for all.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
gerryg2002
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-09-01

PostSubject: Nelson Barracks 1946   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime1/9/2018, 04:22

I have a photo of my father on guard duty at Nelson Barracks I'd like to upload. It shows the front gate with the barracks name and 67 Coy RASC on it. Not quite sure how to go about uploading it.

67 company rasc munster westfallen Nelson10

Well I think that worked, lol.

Regards. Gerry.
Back to top Go down
gerryg2002
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime1/9/2018, 04:30

Hi again. Just realized that another one was taken there as well.

67 company rasc munster westfallen Sentry10

He is John Gaston.

Regards.
Gerry.
Back to top Go down
gerryg2002
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime1/9/2018, 04:38

Here are another couple from the same time but no location.

67 company rasc munster westfallen Cpl11
67 company rasc munster westfallen Cpl211
67 company rasc munster westfallen Cpl311

Someone may recognize the surroundings.

Regards. Gerry.
Back to top Go down
gerryg2002
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime1/9/2018, 04:59

Hi. Sorry about this but I just noticed another one from the same era but again no location, anyone know where this one is from? Again it's my father L/Cpl John Gaston who was a driver with 67 Company RASC and was taken about 1945/6 very likely in Germany.

67 company rasc munster westfallen Dad_pr10

Regards.
Gerry.
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1000
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime1/9/2018, 15:32

Great photos thanks for sharing

67 Company (Occupational Divisional Transport) RASC, were part of the 7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats), they moved from Itzehoe north-west of Hamburg to Nelson Barracks Münster on 1 Jul 46, by Jan 48 responsibility for Regionalbezirk Münster and Stadt Hamm was taken over by the 2nd Infantry Division, the last record of the company in Munster is Dec 47.
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime6/9/2018, 09:49

Gerry

Thanks indeed for posting the photos

Was very familiar with the Munster area but 25 years after your father and his pals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 67 company rasc munster westfallen   67 company rasc munster westfallen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

67 company rasc munster westfallen
Page 1 of 1