BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Sheil Barracks, Verden
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:04 by Sheilhenry

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gary M.Wilson
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-11-08

Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Empty
PostSubject: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime8/11/2021, 14:43

In was born at BMH Iserlohn in August 1956 and would like to make a visit to the site in early 2022. I understand from a previous poster that the buildings and facilities are now a Business Center and a Boarding School. I would very much appreciate some guidance as to how to get to the location and facility and where to stay locally and, of course, whether access can be obtained. I will be travelling from the US and want to determine whether a visit has been made by someone recently and whether the visit was meaningful and worthwhile. Ant thoughts on this proposal would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

steve likes this post

Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime9/11/2021, 09:29

Welcome Gary, having served in Iserlohn in the 70s, returned as a civilian in the 80s, then moved back 2002 to 2011 so know the former BMH Iserlohn well, today www.internatsschule-am-seilersee.de and www.bits-iserlohn.de are located there and was open to stroll around, the former Warrant Officer and Sergeants Mess is https://campus-garden.de an excellent hotel, enjoy your visit.

Gary M.Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
Gary M.Wilson
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime10/11/2021, 17:12

Steve, this is very helpful and has confirmed my visit to Iserlohn in March 2022. I will then begin the quest to locate my birth records from the BMH and BAOR archives and records although I am advised that this is not straightforward and others who have attempted to do this have not been successful. I will embark upon this with dedication ! Thanks for your guidance. Best

steve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lesley Winlow
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-11-21

PostSubject: BMH Iserlohn    Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime21/11/2021, 08:57

Just a comment to say I was born BMH Iserlohn too in January 1953. We lived in Weta and my father was in REME.
Back to top Go down
Gary M.Wilson
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime21/11/2021, 19:25

Lesley,
Have you managed to obtain any records or details of your birth at BMH Iserlohn or did your parents have this information to hand already? I am undertaking a family history project and know my birth date and place, of course, but not the usual information such as time of birth, weight, delivering doctor and all the other data that one would hope to find.
It seems to be a challenge to even find out where the actual maternity unit was situated let alone where the BMH Records will have been sent.
My question is raised more in hope than in expectation so please do not take this as being intrusive !
Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lesley Winlow
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime21/11/2021, 19:41

Hi so sorry I have no information at all other than the brief comment I made. My generation parents  just did not discuss things with their children so sorry I can not add more. My best wishes in your search .
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime21/11/2021, 23:02

Garry make sure you have a curry wurst and pom fritz with an Iserlohner Pils while there. A favorite meal of both Canadian and British troops posted there. Yes... Canadians were there to. We had an armored Regt. in Iserlohn, and an Artillery and Infantry unit in Deilinghofen not to far from Iserlohn. If you care to send my your e-mail address via personal msg. on this site, I can send you pictures taken a few years back of the old BMH buildings, by a friend of mine in Deilinghofen.

Gary M.Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gary M.Wilson
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime22/11/2021, 12:16

Hardrations,

Many thanks for your message and recommendations. My email address is

garymwilson@me.com

and I would appreciate any photos you have of BMH in advance of my planned visit in early 2022.

Many thanks !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested   Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Visit to BMH and Iserlohn - Guidance Requested
Page 1 of 1