BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Trying to identify a likely lad!
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitimeToday at 11:36 by SarahN

» New website britisharmyingermany.com
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime4/5/2024, 20:24 by steve

» Sheil Barracks, Verden
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime28/4/2024, 10:29 by steve

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I'm looking for information about my grandfather

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bushi
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-05

I'm looking for information about my grandfather Empty
PostSubject: I'm looking for information about my grandfather   I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime23/1/2024, 12:48

Hello,
this is my first post on the forum  Smile

For a long time I have been looking for information about the post-war fate of my grandfather in Germany.
He was stationed, among others, in the Bad Lippspringe camp.
I've already figured out a lot of things, but my curiosity is still unsatisfied Smile

I am sending my grandfather's details and information that I have managed to find out.
Subname: Kempiński
Name: Leon
Father's name: Stanisław
Nationality: Polen
Military rank: Schütze - Rifleman/Private
Military unit: 69 I.R. (Infanterie Regiment - Infantry Regiment)
Date of capture: no data
Place of capture: Warschau
Prisoner of war number: 11749/VI A
POW camps:
- Stalag VI A Hemer (info: http://www.stalag-via.de/infopl.htm),
- Stalag VI C Bathorn / Oberlagen

During the defensive war of 1939, the 69th Greater Poland Infantry Regiment fought as part of the 17th Infantry Division as part of the Poznań Army, commanded by Major General Tadeusz Kutrzeba (source: Wikipedia). My grandfather took part in the defense of Warsaw and it was then that he was taken prisoner by the Germans.

The last information in the documents reads: on September 12, 1940, he was released as a civilian worker from a POW labor commando in the town of Metelen - Samberg in the Steinfurt district.

I also have information such as:
A German letter dated June 18, 1945, signed by the mayor, allows traveling around Metelen Samberg between 5 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. The permit is valid until July 31, 1945.
This would confirm the fact that my grandfather had been working as a forced civilian employee since September 12, 1940.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Pozwol10

Repatriation document/card number 107157 of June 7, 1947 was issued in Augustdorf - a British region of displaced persons camps - UNRRA Area Team 911.
The document's signature specifies the zone where the grandfather was staying:
- AC 33/132 Blomberg - 40 km from Paderborn,
- AC 33/130 Augustdorf - 30 km from Paderborn (in writing it says 33/150, but in the British part there is no such zone - probably a mistake was made in writing and it was supposed to be 33/130, i.e. Augustdorf).
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Repatr10

A medical card (BAOR FORM - British Soldier from Rhine) from 1947 (date determined based on the grandfather's age: age 36 and date of birth 1911) informs about the grandfather's employment as an orderly at the "Training Center". Grandpa was assigned to Dempsey Barracks.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Image110

Additionally, I have photos and correspondence with Scottish soldiers.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather 0004_s10
From the left: Robert Donnely, Leon Kempiński, Kurt, Frank Jones, Bad Lippspringe 1946

Grandpa corresponded with Robert Donnelly.
I'm looking for information about my grandfather 0002_110
I'm looking for information about my grandfather 0001_110

I even found out where he lived - the house is probably still standing today Wink
The address points to this house: 166 Lockerbie Road, Dumfries Scotland - https://goo.gl/maps/nWFvpzJFEXv
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Dumfri10

A few more photos:
I'm looking for information about my grandfather 0003_s10
I'm looking for information about my grandfather 20160210
I'm looking for information about my grandfather Sennel10

I am looking for any additional information about my grandfather and his post-war fate.
If anyone has one, I would be very, very grateful Very Happy

alan8376 and Zloty like this post

Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Number of posts : 736
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for information about my grandfather   I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime24/1/2024, 09:52

Morning Bushi,

I have read through the interesting story.

I have in the past had reason to follow up similar requests for others.  In those researches I have always found documents applicable to my search via AROLSON in Germany. Have you approached them for any passed history.?  Usually, if information is found, this usually involves KZ or Forced Labour Camps.

DOB is not displayed. Thus I have taken the Dob from an earlier letter. Are you happy DoB is correct?

There are lists which seem to display  Leon Stanislaw and Kempinski.  The lists also move names around. Surname for First Name and swoping Middle name for Surname.

From those lists of names there is no DoB for 1.2. 1911!  I have also entered the 1.2. 1911 into blank spaces. Still nothing of interest to the name you have given.

Regards
Alan

Zloty likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bushi
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for information about my grandfather   I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime24/1/2024, 10:04

Hello,
thank you for the answer Smile

So far, I have written about my grandfather to institutions such as:
- Polish Red Cross
- Central Museum of Prisoners of War
- Polish Institute and Museum. Gen. Sikorski in London
- International Red Cross in Geneva
- Institute of National Remembrance in Poland
- and Bad Arolsen (not Arolson) in Germany.

I received this answer from Arolsen.
Dear Mr. Kempiński, Thank you for your request and at the same time we would like to apologize for such a late response. Due to the volume and variety of requests we regularly receive, we are not always able to respond immediately. Based on the information contained in your application, we conducted a query of the documents stored at the International Tracing Office (ITS). Unfortunately, we were unable to find any information about your grandfather. The reason for this is that the documents stored in the local archive are incomplete. A large part of them was destroyed in the final phase of the Nazi era and was also destroyed after the war in order to erase the traces of deportation, forced labor and extermination. wrote:

As far as I know, the date of birth is correct because according to it I found information in other archives.

Thank you for your commitment and help.
I keep searching Wink

alan8376 and Zloty like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for information about my grandfather   I'm looking for information about my grandfather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm looking for information about my grandfather
Page 1 of 1