BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

brian beckett

Most users ever online was 144 on 31/12/2014, 23:57
April 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Royal Navy in BAOR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1005
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy in BAOR   29/12/2014, 09:55

Hardrations

Thanks very much

Yet another fascinating thought provoking find, makes an interesting comparison with the ongoing project to establish a synopsis of the Canadian 2nd Corps in the immediate Post War period which included a number of units originally recruited in Manitoba
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelldrake
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2986
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy in BAOR   29/12/2014, 14:06

Interesting find Hardrations, I recall that there was a few Mennonite communities in Belize, we offered our help where we could but they wanted nothing to do with the British Army!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 953
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy in BAOR   29/12/2014, 17:37

photo chs15-2-46_zps2f62f5e6.jpg

Button stick used by Guards to clean multiple buttons according to a Canuck military site
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 783
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy in BAOR   31/12/2014, 12:28

Nowt to do with RN, but having got on to button sticks & things..................

Our greatcoats were hung from below a shelf on which small packs etc, were on show. For months I was lucky, I had plastic GS buttons on the coat. No one worried until a pre-Admin inspection by the CO was scheduled. "Get 'em changed !" they said . "........ By tomorrow !!!". It was after the evening meal when I was told. Panic, mad dash to BQMS Stores. " Buttons lad ?" said the storeman " Rules is you bring the old ones & I'll swap 'em. No old ones, no can do !". Hot foot back, plastic buttons hacked off with Jack knife, Rush to G 1098 again, storeman irritated at being disturbed out of office hours hardly looked up from reading his Hank Jansen. " You've a problem " he sneered " ........ I've not got any ". Problem indeed but an old sweat helped out. Old buttons were back on greatcoat quick time and held in place behind the material with spare boot laces. And next morning, on the high level inspection, no one took the slightest notice of the plastic GS buttons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy in BAOR   

Back to top Go down

Royal Navy in BAOR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2