BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Additional locations not shown on the list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harderfreiburg
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Cap Badge : Colonel
Places Served : Germany, Brussels, Moscow
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Additional locations not shown on the list Empty
PostSubject: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime19/10/2009, 10:22

First I want to introduce myself. I'm the former director of the German Military Archives in Freiburg. Before that I was - as Colonel (German Air Force) - the Deputy Director of the Military History Research Centre in Potsdam. I want to write/edit an "Atlas of the Cold War" showing prominently the contributions of our Western Allies to the defence of the free part of Germany. In my research there are a whole list of locations - mostly depots - not shown on your list of locations or mentioned in one of the descriptions. Does anybody know something about them? Here is the list:
- Ahrbergen (Kreis Hildesheim)
- Alfen (Kreis Paderborn)
- Barntrup (Kreis Lippe)
- Barsinghausen (Kreis Hannover)
- Bönninghardt (Kreis Wesel)
- Borgholzhausen (Kreis Gütersloh)
- Bramsche (Kreis Osnabrück)
- Bredelaer (Kreis Hochsauerland)
- Brekendorf (Kreis Schleswig)
- Brockzetel (Kreis Aurich)
- Bruckmühl (Kreis Rosenheim, Bavaria)
- Büren (Kreis Paderborn)
- Dalheim (Kreis Heinsberg)
- Dedelstorf (Kreis Girfhorn)
- Diepholz (Kreis Diepholz)
- Dillborn (Kreis Viersen)
- Dorsten (Kreis Recklinghausen)
- Düren (Kreis Düren)
- Eisbergen (Kreis Minden-Lübbecke)
- Everswinkel (Kreis Warendorf)
- Glinde (Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg)
- Haltern (Kreis Recklinghausen)
- Hannover-Wehmingen
- Harderode (Kreis Hameln-Pyrmont)
- Hille (Kreis MInden-Lübbecke)
- Höxter (Kreis Höxter)
- Hoyershausen (Kreis Hildesheim)
- Hülsede (Kreis Schaumburg)
- Lage (Kreis Lippe)
- Langendamm (Kreis Nienburg)
- Löhne (Kreis Herford)
- Monschau (Kreis Aachen)
- Moorhausen (Kreis Friesland)
- Roetgen (Kreis Aachen)
- Sankt Andreasberg (Kreis Goslar)
- Stade (Kreis Stade)
- Stadtoldendorf (Kreis Holzminden)
- Süchteln (Kreis Viersen)
- Travemünde (Hansestadt Lübeck)
- Troisdorf (Rhein-Sieg-Kreis)
- Uedem (Kreis Kleve)
- Waldniel (Kreis Viersen)
- Wilhelmshaven
- Winterberg (Kreis Hochsauerland)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime19/10/2009, 13:47

Ref Everswinkel (Kreis) Warendorf.

There were two separate depots divided by a fence

No 4 Petroleum Depot and the Central European Pipeline Depot.

I have more information if needed

The Avatar on the left is a plaque from the depot
Back to top Go down
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime19/10/2009, 14:41

Haltern. When I served in BAOR from Sep 61 to Aug 64 in Duisburg, Haltern was used as our "harbour area" on field exercises. We would drive in convoy from Duisburg and go at first to the Haltern area where we would camouflage and then, at night usually, we would move out and drive to paces like Soltau for "schemes".

Waldneil was I think the location of the NAAFI Headquarters.
Back to top Go down
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime19/10/2009, 14:43

Also, Winterberg was the location for Ski ing.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime19/10/2009, 22:31

Harderfreiburg wrote:
First I want to introduce myself. I'm the former director of the German Military Archives in Freiburg. Before that I was - as Colonel (German Air Force) - the Deputy Director of the Military History.....

Welcome Sir (well you are a retired Colonel Very Happy )

Seriously though, I see that you have had some answers already, and feel sure that there will be some more. some of the members have memories like elephant (memories I said).

I have come across Dedelstorf, I believe it is at 52 degrees 42 minutes North, 10 degrees 30 minutes East, about 35km east of Celle and 33km south of Uelzen. According to a reference I have looked at it was used between about May and September of 1945 by a number of RAF Squadrons.

The airfield does not seem to exist anymore, but what look like a perimeter track can be seen, and where airfield buildings may have been - these now seem to be more modern.

There are a couple more names I recognise, but they were probably before my tim in being used for anything except exercise areas, or passed thorugh at some stage. Bramsche, I believe, contains a small area called Achmer. It is north of Osnbruck, and Achmer was another airfield used by RAF Squadrons between April and May 1945. The concrete runways are long gone and it is now used by a civilian flying club.

If you look at the web pages below, you may find more information. The web translation is not a very good job, so I send you the original links.

http://www.relikte.com/achmer/index.htm

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugplatz_Achmer

Those areas you are looking for that are in Southern Germany, you may have more luck on American Forces sites.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Harderfreiburg
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime20/10/2009, 13:27

Thank you, Paul, for helping me on my research. Congratulations for your web site. Truly professional!
I hope we can stay in contact.
Yours cordially
Dr. Hans-Joachim Harder
Col (ret.)
Kapellenweg 18 A
79100 Freiburg
Germany
Harderalamo@aol.com
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime20/10/2009, 13:38

Harderfreiburg wrote:
Thank you, Paul, for helping me on my research. Congratulations for your web site. Truly professional!
Yours cordially
Dr. Hans-Joachim Harder
Col (ret.)
Kapellenweg 18 A
79100 Freiburg
Germany
Harderalamo@aol.com

Many thanks for your kind comments about the site, but I must say that it could only be so through the contributions of all those who have given information, no matter how small it may seem to be.

With regard to your list of sites, I have made contact with someone who has a website regarding Winterberg. I will send you the link to it later.

Regards,

Paul.
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime20/10/2009, 19:49

The Canadian Brigade used Haltern for various exercises, including live firing on occasion. I remember there wasn't much there except a few huts much like at Rheinsahlen, the old Luftwaffe base north of Hannover. (We used to overnight there on the way to and from Hohne.)

There was a civilian glider club operating at Haltern on weekends and of course we had to keep out of their way. Aside from that I don't remember it as being a permanent base or establishment. But my memory is 70 years old.
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime21/10/2009, 19:34

Paul wrote:
Harderfreiburg wrote:
Yours cordially
Dr. Hans-Joachim Harder
Col (ret.)
Kapellenweg 18 A
79100 Freiburg
Germany
Harderalamo@aol.com

Many thanks for your kind comments about the site, but I must say that it could only be so through the contributions of all those who have given information, no matter how small it may seem to be.

With regard to your list of sites, I have made contact with someone who has a website regarding Winterberg. I will send you the link to it later.

Regards,

Paul.

This may be of some help regarding Winterberg. Perhaps Col. Harder could check out discussions about Winterberg Leave Centre dated June 9/09 under "Adventure Training and Rest & Recreation".

Good luck, and I hope you will let us know when your book is available.

Roderick
Back to top Go down
Harderfreiburg
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime24/10/2009, 14:20

Thank you for your contributions. Naturally I will let you know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Additional locations not shown on the list   Additional locations not shown on the list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Additional locations not shown on the list
Page 1 of 1