BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)

Go down 
+3
Shelldrake
Teabag
cathy tunley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cathy tunley
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Empty
PostSubject: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime29/6/2011, 19:18

My father was stationed at Glamorgan Barracks between 1957-1958.
think maybe with Technical Training School REME . His name was Howard Vincent Rea WO11 MBE he died on 6th June 1958 in service and was buried there, somewhere ,
Although my Mom still alive she has Dementia and no idea where the Cemetery is !! When he died he had 4 young sons and my mom was expecting me. She never returned to Germany to the grave but it is something my brothers and I would dearly like to do .
He worked under R.J. Pavey , and as a family they lived at salzburger Platz Duisberg which is where he died we have not even got a Death Certificate for him any help from anyone would be fantastic thanks
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime29/6/2011, 19:40

Commonwealth war graves should be the ones to contact on this. Link below.

http://www.cwgc.org/content.asp?menuid=30&submenuid=38&id=38&menuname=Contact%20Us&menu=sub
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime29/6/2011, 20:04

Cathy, in addition to the above, you may also be able to obtain information from:-

www.veterans-uk.info/index.htm

They hold the Service History of all ex-Servicemen and Women. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
cleat9214
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime29/6/2011, 20:25

If need be i only live 2 hrs away i can get a pic if you want.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime29/6/2011, 22:46

Cathy

Welcome

My immediate reaction is that your father is probably buried in the British Military Cemetry Rheindahlen close to the former Headquarters British Army of the Rhine.

If you are unsuccessful with the contacts suggested in the earlier postings send me a PM and I will try the Regimental Secretary REME in Arborfield on your behalf
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Number of posts : 736
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime30/6/2011, 07:56

Cathy,

You can obtain a copy of the Death Certificate online from:-

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

I have been to a web site that lists Births, Deaths and Marriages of persons abroad as

Howard Vincent Rea, Duisburg 1958, age 44

Copies of certificates which were registered abroad by Briish Consulates/Authorities are obtainable in UK from the Government Office.

My children were born in the 1970's in Military Hospitals, Germany and are also listed.

Cathy, if you PM me, I will assist you in obtaining a Death Certificate for your father.

Later entry.... I have just traced the location of Howard Vincent's grave. It is at the Rheindahlen Military Cemetery. Again, if you PM me I will give pass on the details.

Good luck with your search
Alan

Back to top Go down
cleat9214
WOII
WOII

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime30/6/2011, 13:28

Rhine Garrison
Garrison Information Officer
Judith Wake
+49 (0)2161 472 4789

http://www.bfgnet.de/Community/contacts.htm

She will be able to point you in the right direction about visiting your dads grave.

reagrds

steve
Back to top Go down
cathy tunley
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime30/6/2011, 15:51

Shelldrake wrote:
Cathy, in addition to the above, you may also be able to obtain information from:-

www.veterans-uk.info/index.htm

They hold the Service History of all ex-Servicemen and Women. Good luck.

Thanks will do so grateful i
Back to top Go down
cathy tunley
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime30/6/2011, 15:58

Thanks to everyone this is wonderful I cannot put into words how grateful I am for all your help I can see why my Dad loved the Army !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime30/6/2011, 16:38

I have been off the air for a spell. I was going to say that the grave would be likely to be found in Rheindahlen but I see this has been confirmed. I was with 36 GW Regt (AA) RA. We occupied Glamorgan Barracks from Nov 61, taking the accommodation vacted by the REME Training Establishment. A good posting, unusual for a Barracks as it was in a city and close also to the City of Dusseldorf.
Back to top Go down
cleat9214
WOII
WOII

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime30/6/2011, 17:08

cathy tunley wrote:
Thanks to everyone this is wonderful I cannot put into words how grateful I am for all your help I can see why my Dad loved the Army !!!!!!

I also sent you a PM aswell

steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)   Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Cemeteries Duisburg (Glamorgan Barracks)
Page 1 of 1