BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Francisca Barracks

Go down 
+5
Hardrations
steve
Shelldrake
unclevanya
Paul
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime19/1/2009, 00:44

I know that there is possibly a problem with this Barracks location but I have found a site with references to both Francisca and Kitchener Barracks. Although not totally military, there are some good photos of blocks in Francisca, and some views of blocks in Kitchener.

I have asked permission to publish a link and await permission or refusal.

Paul.
Back to top Go down

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime20/1/2009, 17:42

Paul wrote:
I know that there is possibly a problem with this Barracks location but I have found a site with references to both Francisca and Kitchener Barracks. Although not totally military, there are some good photos of blocks in Francisca, and some views of blocks in Kitchener.

I have asked permission to publish a link and await permission or refusal.

Paul.

Hi Paul
Francisca Barracks is St Tonis just outside Krefeld well recorded as home to 19 Army Group Sig Regt later 28 Sig Regt later 280 Sqn from ? to 2002 and Kitchener Barracks is the HQ BAOR RE depot at Willich bit further from Krefeld from 1952 to 1992 under various titles hope this helps
Regards
Steve
study
Back to top Go down
unclevanya
Maj
Maj
unclevanya

Number of posts : 230
Cap Badge : R Sigs
Places Served : 11 Sigs Vimy 'C' Catterick Nov 1963), 224 (Radio) Sig Squadron Garrats Hey, Quorn Leics( Jan-June 1964), 16 Sigs Bradbury Barracks Krefeld July-Oct 1964), 28 (BR) Sigs St Tonis & 4 Squadron, Tongeren (Cafe Maddy) (1964-1968), HQ UNFICYP Nicosia 6 month tour (1966), HMS Jufair & Hamala Camp Bahrien, 223 Sig Sqn (Radio) Winchester, Norn Ireland, HQ Northag Kolsas Olso Norway, 11 Sigs Helles Lines Catterick, Civvy Street 1977, Retired (Grumpy Victor Meldrew 2012)
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Bradbury Barracks Krefeld & Fransica Barracks St Tonis   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 00:08

Ah, yes Fransisca Barracks St Tonis - I knew it well. I was stationed there at 28 (BR) Sigs between 1964 to late 1967, before being posted out to HMS Jufair in Bahrien.

I was also posted to 16 Sigs at Bradbury Barracks for Trade Training as a B3 Comcen Op for 4 months over the summer months of 1964. Does anyone know if the rumours about old rusting German Panzers quietly rotting away in a flooded underground hanger that was suppsoed to be under the main drill square of Bradbury Barracks were correct or not...? affraid
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 07:58

unclevanya wrote:
Ah, yes Fransisca Barracks St Tonis - Does anyone know if the rumours about old rusting German Panzers quietly rotting away in a flooded underground hanger that was suppsoed to be under the main drill square of Bradbury Barracks were correct or not...? affraid

Worst kept secret in BAOR - full of Tigers, I believe. Sleep
Back to top Go down

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 11:16

Tsk Tsk Shelldrake...That was Maresfield barracks..
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 18:56

Thanks to 'Crusader' Army Rumour Service Website regarding Aldershot Barracks Iserlohn

"Absolute fact. If there are any crusty old 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards veterans here, they will remember that it happened in Aldershot Barracks, Iserlohn in the winter of 1966/67. The barrack square was at the top of the camp and had a slightly raised approach to it. A crack appeared over several days (or weeks), running the width of the square where it was joined by the approach road. One evening, the prowler guard failed to return to the guardroom at the end of his stag, and a patrol was sent out to locate him. After some time, they heard a faint sound of someone calling for help and, following the voice, found that the crack in the road had opened up and the prowler had fallen into it, and was now about fifteen feet below in a large dark hole.Ladders and lights were brought at which time it was discovered that the square was actually the roof of an underground tank-park with a large steel door and it had all been covered in tarmac or concrete. The weight of the concrete had collapsed the rusted door thereby forming the crack, which eventually gave way. There are many other "interesting" tales about that place, but for another time, maybe. By the way...."No" I was not the prowler"

No Tiger tanks either...
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 23:00

I did see photo's taken in Baden at the air base, where they uncovered some German vehicles when extending the run ways. The girl who showed me was the daughter of the Base Fire Chief (RCAF). Can't remember if they just covered it over or removed them.

But rumors of underground, undiscovered storage spots from WW 2 abound on a lot of former German bases.
Back to top Go down
Dan M
WOI
WOI
Dan M

Number of posts : 136
Cap Badge : The Royal Canadian Regiment
Places Served : 1977-80, London ON, Gagetown NB
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime9/2/2013, 23:51

Hardrations wrote:
But rumors of underground, undiscovered storage spots from WW 2 abound on a lot of former German bases.

Wouldn't it now be easier to list all of the British Barracks in the BAOR that are not rumoured to have a secret underground casement full of Panzers beneath its parade square?

I wonder if this same rumour made its way around the GSFG Barracks before the fall of the Wall. "Hey Comrade, did you know that there is a secret compartment full of fascist tanks below the turnip field?"

Cheers,
Dan.
Back to top Go down
Dulaigh
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 135
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick Newark Aldershot 201Shorncliffe WinterbourneGunner TOS SHARJAH Bunde 249 Singapore NE Thailand Aldershot Catterick
Registration date : 2012-03-19

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime10/2/2013, 19:30

I would be incredibly surprised if no such u/g places existed; After all there were large such places in uk built at the start and during the WW II. My Uncle-in-law worked in such; Three shifts per day and bussed in from Bath. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime10/2/2013, 19:48

We had a lad of German birth in our unit (1 SSM Bty) who was a great collector of WW 2 German items. On talking to some locals, he was informed of a former Ack Ack position up in the hills above the Weisswald just out side of Deilinghofen/Hemer. He found his way up there and did find some items of interest long abandoned there. This was in 65. Later on he was posted to CFB Shilo and had a real museum in his PMQ basement.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime10/2/2013, 20:40

I wish I'd known about that place when we were in Deilinghofen, Hardrations.
We used to go scrambling up the rocks in the old quarries in the Honnertal, a search on the Weisswald would've been right up our street.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime11/2/2013, 07:49

I was talking to a guy that I knew who was stationed at RAF Gutersloh, recently. He told me that there was Squadrons of Stukas and Messerschmidts not to mention Heinkels (He told me not to mention the Heinkels) lagered up under the main runway.
Back to top Go down
MajorBloodnok
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-10-07

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime13/10/2013, 16:28

Unclevanya,

some time around 1967/1968 I was invited by a soldier on guard to come and watch a game of cricket in Francisca Barracks.

Kind regards,

MB aka Mike the Fritz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Francisca Barracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisca Barracks   Francisca Barracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francisca Barracks
Page 1 of 1