BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Trying to identify a likely lad!
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:16 by SarahN

» Quebec Barracks in Osnabrück
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2024, 19:14 by alan8376

» Sennelager 1977
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/5/2024, 23:15 by Spike68

» New website britisharmyingermany.com
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/5/2024, 20:24 by steve

» Sheil Barracks, Verden
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/4/2024, 10:29 by steve

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 2 Bots

alan8376

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

the sounds of germany..the 70s

Go down 
+23
"john boy"
Nutstrangler
whitehorse660
Norman
Themaadone
stuartmartin
jerry
Shelldrake
ChrisP
mjm34
jim
bob
brum
recymech
Buzz
Bugsy
Paul
Teabag
alan8376
Hardrations
Stephen Lock
dandc
graham wright
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/9/2010, 19:17

The link led to some fellow named Kincade....never heard of him.

However.....

There was also a link on that page to a live concert of Deep Purple playing an amazing version of Smoke on The Water....absolutely incredible piece of guitar gymnastics and artistry. These guys, like many bands in the 70's, were musicians who knew their stuff and how to get their guitars to talk and sing and wail. Maybe not to everybody's taste but watching the fret work and hearing the blending of various pieces before breaking into the signature opening riff of SOTW was....well, I don't lie when I said I teared up a tad!

Part of it, of course, is during the 70s when I was 16, 17, 18 Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Joplin, Cream, all those bands and musicians were my gods so hearing the tunes (and, yes SOTW is overplayed on the Classic Rock stations, I agree) is partly nostalgia as well. At the same time, however, these guys knew their roots (blues, rhythm and blues, even jazz) and incorporated it into their own music....brilliant stuff!

Will Justin Bieber last as long? Doubtful....of course that's just what my parents said about Deep Purple, and Jimi Hendrix et al compared to Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller, so there ya go! LOL
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 17:34

I first saw this on NDR Television in 1965 and it is still being replayed on German Television every New Years Eve and Day. It still makes me laugh and is a Classic, I can't download the Web Site but, go to You Tube and type in Dinner for One - that should do it.

Back to top Go down
jerry
WOI
WOI
jerry

Number of posts : 186
Cap Badge : RASC/RCT
Places Served : Dortmund/Hameln/ Malaya FARELF Marchwood Aldershot Yeovil
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 18:47

Last edited by jerry on 7/12/2010, 18:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 08:57

Dankeschoen - same procedure next year? Smile
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2010, 21:20

Hemer, where we lived for most of the 70's, was apparently designated a NATO training area.

An everyday sound was the screech of the Luftwaffe Starfighters, ("Flying Coffins"), as they made their turns. It used to really put our teeth on edge.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 15:55

The blooody Tram that woke me up every morning at 0520hrs as it screeched round the curves in Dortmund-Barop.
Back to top Go down
stuartmartin
Sgt
Sgt
stuartmartin

Number of posts : 24
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Duisberg Bünde Ösnabrück Hamm Belfast Batus
Registration date : 2010-12-11

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 11:09

And also DU from Peter Maffay on every juke box in the early 70s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfJitVMrfaE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
bob
WOII
WOII
bob

Number of posts : 94
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E
Places Served : 74c Deepcut, Bordon,Detmold, Hohne, Osnabruck, Soest
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 20:02

Umberto Tozzi ...Ti Amo....smoochy record played often in the Life Club in Blomberg near Detmold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYOhSEtyJ-g+feature=related

This one was a favourite of the wife.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSoBZP_vUDU

I'm scarred for life affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

Number of posts : 270
Cap Badge : RAOC/RLC/AGC
Places Served : Bielefeld, Guetersloh, Viersen, Bracht, Falklands, Aldershot, Leconsfield, NI, Rwanda, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/12/2010, 19:05

Smokey Robinson - can't remember the name of the song and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds which my brother played loudly and the martian scared me as a 7 year old boy in a Bielefeld MArried quarter (Sperberstrasse)
Back to top Go down
Norman
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 57
Places Served : Farnborough, Aldershot, Sennelager, Hildesheim, Hannover.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/1/2011, 20:31

Graham,
Marriane Rosenberg was very nice but not as nice as Katerine Valente who I saw in Hannover in the mid-fifties. A voice, and a face and figure, to die for.

Noch ein bier,

Norman.
Back to top Go down
stuartmartin
Sgt
Sgt
stuartmartin

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/1/2011, 20:50

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6641317/Alexandra_Mein_Freund_der_Baum

Who remembers this one Alexandra
Lovely Song

Stu
Back to top Go down
Norman
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 57
Places Served : Farnborough, Aldershot, Sennelager, Hildesheim, Hannover.
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/1/2011, 20:55

Jerry - Dinner for one.
I haven't seen that for years.
Good old Freddie Frinton - Sugar in the morning!!

Noch ein Bier,

Norman.
Back to top Go down
stuartmartin
Sgt
Sgt
stuartmartin

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/1/2011, 21:24

Same procedure as every year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzQxjGL9S0
Back to top Go down
whitehorse660
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 63
Cap Badge : RMP
Places Served : Herford, Werl (twice), Berlin, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Sennelager.
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/1/2011, 22:35

What about Andrea Jurgens, Vickie Leandros
Back to top Go down
stuartmartin
Sgt
Sgt
stuartmartin

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/1/2011, 06:24

WHAT ABOUT HER ?
Have you lost google ? Bah ! Ok extra for you
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6494610/Andrea_Juergens_Manuel_Goodbye
Back to top Go down
Nutstrangler
Sgt
Sgt
Nutstrangler

Number of posts : 25
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield, Malaya, Singapore, Brunei , Kuching, Bulford, Bunde, Bordon, Dhekelia, Iserlohn, Lemgo,Hameln, Zimbabwe.
Registration date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 11:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nNhGBGkcQ

Anyone remember this? Used to be played quite frequently by Richard Astbury (Asters).
Back to top Go down
Nutstrangler
Sgt
Sgt
Nutstrangler

Number of posts : 25
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield, Malaya, Singapore, Brunei , Kuching, Bulford, Bunde, Bordon, Dhekelia, Iserlohn, Lemgo,Hameln, Zimbabwe.
Registration date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 12:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MnCzMduqg

This one appeared on the juke-boxes in most of the bars round Bunde when I was there.
*Achtung!*......Dodgy-looking dancer alert!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 14:23

the only sounds of the 70s i remember is some old guy yodelling or Mr Richard Clayderman
playing the piano( my old man had some strange taste in music back then) myself i hate to say it it was glam rock how times have changed lol!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 18:31

Nutstrangler wrote:

This one appeared on the juke-boxes in most of the bars round Bunde when I was there.
Strangler when were you posted to Lemgo
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 18:45

Nutstrangler wrote:

GAAH! I do remember that one....aaaaarrrrgghhh affraid 30 years plus of trying to drive it out of my brain and all it took was one click on a link to bring it flooding back!!!

And the suit....oh my lord!! How did we ever think such a travesty was 'fashionable'? I bet he was wearing platform boots too...not outrageously high ones, of course (only glam rockers wore those!) but probably 1-1/2 to 2 inch ones. I had a pair. Did up the platforms in cheap paint-on glitter that started to flake off almost immediately!! LOL Little trails of silver glitter glistening on the cobblestones behind me and my mates...like Hansel and Gretel's breadcumbs albino
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 18:50

jonathon/aka"JOHN BOY" wrote:
the only sounds of the 70s i remember is some old guy yodelling or Mr Richard Clayderman
playing the piano( my old man had some strange taste in music back then) myself i hate to say it it was glam rock how times have changed lol!

Hey....glam rock was cool -- then! David Bowie, Gary Glitter (the old perv!), Bay City Rollers, T-Rex (classic stuff, that! Especially Marc Bolan's first foray as T-Rex with "Electric Warrior").... some of us liked it as well as the heavy metal stuff (only back then it was called "progressive rock") like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson (I loved In The Court of the Crimson King). I don't know if Emerson, Lake, and Palmer could rightly be classified as "heavy metal"....no....but "progressive" certainly. Ooooh, what a lucky man he was!!! Fantastic stuff....
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 19:03

Stephen Lock wrote:

Hey....glam rock was cool -- then! David Bowie, Gary Glitter (the old perv!), Bay City Rollers, T-Rex (classic stuff, that! Especially Marc Bolan's first foray as T-Rex with "Electric Warrior").... some of us liked it as well as the heavy metal stuff (only back then it was called "progressive rock") like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson (I loved In The Court of the Crimson King). I don't know if Emerson, Lake, and Palmer could rightly be classified as "heavy metal"....no....but "progressive" certainly. Ooooh, what a lucky man he was!!! Fantastic stuff....
you forgot SWEET lol!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 20:03

Stephen Lock wrote:

you forgot SWEET lol!
the music was cool as you say it was the fashion that was the problem lol!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/1/2011, 23:23

Don't recall SWEET....name some of the songs...or hum a few bars...oh, wait, that won't work! No audio here LOL
Back to top Go down
stuartmartin
Sgt
Sgt
stuartmartin

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/1/2011, 04:49

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the sounds of germany..the 70s   the sounds of germany..the 70s - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the sounds of germany..the 70s
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next