BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Merry Christmas to All

Go down 
+12
Paul
Crunchie
recce83
blairgowrie
nobby clark
Hardrations
Teabag
oldtimer
Brian (Berlin-Brian)
dandc
Ian-redcap70
Stephen Lock
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Merry Christmas to All Empty
PostSubject: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime19/12/2009, 18:57

Here's hoping each and every one of you have a wonderful Christmas and that 2010 turns out to be a good year for you all.

I just want to take this opportunity to once again stress just how important this site has been to me the last couple of years, allowing me to revisit many of the places which played such an important role in my life.

There have been times when the stresses and vagaries of life have got me down and logging on to the site and reading the memories and views of different folk or having the opportunity to post my own has, quite literally, "made my day."

Paul, I hope you fully appreciate just what a wonderful thing you have done by creating this site. It is so important on so many levels and, unlike many such other sites, I get a real sense of "connection" here. I thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to seeing what is going to scroll up in the "Latest Topics" box each time I log on. I really do so with a sense of anticipation and that's really kinda cool!

The site is such a repository of personal histories tied into BAOR and information one just can't glean elsewhere; a sort of "one stop shopping" quite often, and that in itself is fantastic.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Stephen Lock
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Back to top Go down
Ian-redcap70
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Ian-redcap70

Number of posts : 65
Cap Badge : RMP
Places Served : Bielefeld, Colchester
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime19/12/2009, 19:38

....and a very Happy Christmas to you and your family too Stephen. Also, thanks for your contributions during 2009!
Back to top Go down
http://www.redcap70.net
dandc
Lt Col
Lt Col
dandc

Number of posts : 383
Cap Badge : 15/19H.ARMY AIR CORPS
Places Served : tidworth, fallingbostle, detmold, hongkong, minden
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 09:38

i would also like to thank everyone,and wish you all a merry xmas and healthy new year,from snow covered northumberland,dave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 10:07

Likewise from a very snowy West Lothian. santa rendeer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 10:36

May i wish everybody and your families a peaceful Christmas. All the very best from a cold Stockport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 10:44

Very frosty in County Waterford.

Does anyone remember a BBC Sunday programme,I think it was Two Way Family Favouites,which involved Cliff Mithchelmore in Germany and a female called Judith something or other in the UK. He would start the show with "Whats the weather like in England Judith". This became family joke.

Now to the point. On Christmas morning we should create a record for this site by all posting our local weather.

OK Paul? santa
Back to top Go down
Brian (Berlin-Brian)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Brian (Berlin-Brian)

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 11:56

Hi All

Wishing eveyone a happy christmas santa
and a happy new year

Merry Christmas to All 73281ani-santahelper
From a Bl*********y cold Germany
Back to top Go down
oldtimer
WOII
WOII
oldtimer

Number of posts : 99
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Yeovil, Bunde, Lubbecke,camp du larzac, norway,rct winter training centre hinterstien, Aldershot,
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 12:21

yes i remember listening to family favourites, it was judith chalmers i think.

well as far as the weather is concerened i am grounded ! the reason for that is i dont have a car i have rode motorbikes all my life and there is no way i am riding in this snow.

as my shed is full of my latest bike build i have had to leave my other bikes outside,no snow yesterday but this is what i woke up to and its still coming down in Manchester.

Merry Christmas to All Th_DSC00911

happy christmas to everyone. santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 15:32

Quote :

From a Bl*********y cold Germany

Yea but look what you have to keep you warm Brian
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 22:08

I'll drink to that! All the best everyone and keep going. Memories are made of this. santa
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime20/12/2009, 23:55

A Merry Christmas and a Good New Year for all. Snow??? We're barely seeing anything yet here in Winnipeg, and a former RCASC member of here now living in the UK moved back there to miss out on our Canadian winters. Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
nobby clark
WOI
WOI
nobby clark

Number of posts : 102
Cap Badge : 1R.Hamps / RAOC
Places Served : baor-Hong Kong-Malaya-Borneo-Belize-F.I.-Cyprus-N.I.-UK.
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime21/12/2009, 13:57

A very happy christmas to one and all and a healthy and prosperous new year.
From a cold and snowy Manchester.
Back to top Go down
blairgowrie
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 42
Cap Badge : Red Hackle
Places Served : Cyprus, Libya, Germany, Hong Kong, UK
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime22/12/2009, 14:19

Merry Christmas to All 091

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from Armagh
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime22/12/2009, 20:21

Here in Peachland British Columbia Canada we had a rather nasty bit of cold weather a while back, but we're back to warmer temperatures and rain. As I'm fond of saying: I've never ever had to buy a rain shovel.

I feel that, in the six months since I joined the forum, I've made a lot of new friends. We all seem agreed that we shared many happy times in Germany, and the varied subjects that pop up from time to time are exactly what they should be: entertaining and informative.

My closest forum "neighbour", Ciphers, lives a mere 200 miles away about 40 miles from my home town of Vancouver. I had hoped to meet you in early December, Len, but time, or lack thereof, got in the way. Hope to correct that soon.

And so, to all of you who keep the fires burning, especially Paul whose dedication to the site keeps the tinder dry, my wife Moyra and I wish you and yours the happiest Christmas ever, health and happiness in 2010, and lang may your auld lums reek.

Cheers everyone.

Roderick (Recce 83)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime22/12/2009, 21:45

I would just like to wish one and all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Peaceful New Year from the very snowy Scottish Highlands

Chris L

Last edited by reme ece on 22/12/2009, 21:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant speel)
Back to top Go down
Crunchie
Cpl
Cpl
Crunchie

Number of posts : 15
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Aldershot, Munsterlager, Minden, Duisburg, Belfast, Falkland Islands, Catterick.
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime23/12/2009, 12:30

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from a snowy Wigan. Still a lot warmer than Munsterlager. santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime24/12/2009, 16:41

rendeer santa Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all santa rendeer

Off to the brother in laws for a few hours tonight, maybe have a few drunken drunken . Mustn't make a pig of myself though, otherwise I could be on the inside of my Christmas dinner rather than the outside Very Happy

From a (Canadian) T-shirt and shorts type Limavady in N.I., its is about -5 at the moment, up from -9 this morning.

For those of you who have sent info etc., I am working on it, I promise.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
colin
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 26
Cap Badge : REME/RAMC
Places Served : Colchester, Iserlohn, Obernkirchen, Libya
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime24/12/2009, 19:46

A merry xmas to all from a flippin parky Blackburn! Looks like staying in for Xmas. Never buy a house with a downward sloping drive, can't get the car of it!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime24/12/2009, 19:56

colin wrote:
A merry xmas to all from a flippin parky Blackburn! Looks like staying in for Xmas. Never buy a house with a downward sloping drive, can't get the car of it!

Depends which way is down - lol!

Paul
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime25/12/2009, 03:28

Cripes...seems like it's snowing all over the world or at least all over the Northern Hemisphere. Global warming??? My Aunt May's patooey!

Here in Calgary we've already had a couple of blizzards and a couple of really cold cold snaps (like down around -25C with a windchill of -35C to -40C) although tonight, Christmas Eve, it's a relatively balmy -10C or so. Supposed to get up to +2C on Boxing Day....thank the lord for Chinooks (and I don't mean helicopters!).... winter is my least favourite season, bar none (or is that brrrrrrrrrr none?)

santa rendeer Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime25/12/2009, 10:52

Merry Christmas from County Waterford. This is Ireland and it is RAINING so we are not going down to the bay at midday to watch the annual dip in the Atlantic.I hate getting wet rendeer santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
blairgowrie
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 42
Cap Badge : Red Hackle
Places Served : Cyprus, Libya, Germany, Hong Kong, UK
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime25/12/2009, 14:42

Merry Xmas from the orchard county of Ireland,it is not raining here and not as cold.
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

Number of posts : 978
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime25/12/2009, 17:26

Merry Christmas from the Fraser Valley in Beautiful British Columbia
.. temperature 0 degrees celsius, beautiful and sunny, no snow, no rain and not a cloud in the sky ... going to open our Christmas presents in about half an hour when #2 son arrives ... Best Wishes to a great bunch of guys and gals ... Canada lost another lad on Christmas Eve in Afghanistan, number 134 ... how long will it go on ..

Mavis and Len (Mr and Mrs Ciphers)
Back to top Go down
http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime25/12/2009, 18:17

And a Merry Christmas to all from Barbados. I would not rub in what the temperature is like here.
Back to top Go down
colin
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 26
Cap Badge : REME/RAMC
Places Served : Colchester, Iserlohn, Obernkirchen, Libya
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime25/12/2009, 20:00

Paul, down as in toward the house, scared the garage door to death, not to mention me. Rear wheel drive, slush box and a big engine, cracking in the slippy stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas to All   Merry Christmas to All Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas to All
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next