BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY

Go down 
+2
alan8376
Henry P.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry P.
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Cap Badge : Royal Australian Army Ordnanace Corps (RAAOC)
Places Served : 1RTB Kapooka, 31 Supply Battalian Bandiana, HQ logistic Command Melbourne, 41 Supply Battalion Adelaide, 232 Supply Company Randwick, RAAOC Centre Bandiana (Instructor), Joint Logistics Unit (Victoria) Bandiana. Warrant Officer Class One (Ret.)
Registration date : 2010-01-15

POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime15/1/2010, 02:56

Hello members - this is my first post and hope that someone can assist with my inquiry. My late father was employed as a Polish civilian with the Mixed Service Organisation (MSO) BAOR in Schleswig-Holstein and Fallingbostel near Hannover from 10 April 1947 until 20 November 1948.
I am endeavoring to obtain his employment records, decorations (if any) and, in general, any information regarding the areas where he was serving. Is there a section in the British Ministry of Defence that hold these records?
Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Henry P.
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Number of posts : 734
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime15/1/2010, 10:28

Henry P,

I have sent you a PM requesting some xtra info.

Regards
Alan
Back to top Go down
TonyE
WOI
WOI
TonyE

Number of posts : 112
Cap Badge : RASC & RCASC,later CF Logistics Branch
Places Served : Hannover, Bielefeld, Camp Borden, Camp Petawawa, CFB Kingston, Korea, Soest, Cyprus, Lahr.
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime17/1/2010, 00:54

Henry P
SorryI can't give you any hard info,only that our CMWS guards(Civil Mixed Watcman Service) at 80 Supply Depot Hannover were Polish,some were waiting clearance to go to Australia.When I was posted to Bielefeld the CMWS were Jugoslav,so maybe that's where the mixed bit comes in. They were the only guards I met that had loaded rifles.
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime18/1/2010, 11:24

I have now tracked down where files apertaining to MSO and Polish enquires should be directed.

Anyone requesting information will be be required to enclose proof of who you are, and the reason for requesting information.

If requesting information about a deceased person you should also include a copy of Death Certificate.

Send to:

MOD
APC Disclosures 5 (Polish)
Building 60
RAF Northolt
West End Road
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 6NG
England
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime18/1/2010, 13:56

alan8376 wrote:
I have now tracked down where files apertaining to MSO and Polish enquires should be directed.

Anyone requesting information will be be required to enclose proof of who you are, and the reason for requesting information.

If requesting information about a deceased person you should also include a copy of Death Certificate.

Send to:

MOD
APC Disclosures 5 (Polish)
Building 60
RAF Northolt
West End Road
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 6NG
England

bounce Fantastic work, Alan bounce

If you do not mind, I will add that address to a suitable location on the main site.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
iandolinski
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime18/1/2010, 22:56

To Paul thanks for your email.
I have been in touch with the APC and they are quick to respond 4 to 6 weeks.
Other forms to download from Ministry of defense site you wil also need are the following.
Certificate of Kinship Form.
Medal Application Form (for non serving personnel).
You will need to supply these forms to
Next of Kins birth certificate.
Your birth certificate
Also supply any other information and details you have of serving personnel.
If you are not next of kin you will have to fill out section where next of kin gives you permission to access details.
Be exact with what you want to know as my response was they did not find any record of my search having served in the Polish Army under British cammand during WW2. I should have been more precise about the [/b]BAOR SERVICE stating that i was after records just on my dads BAOR SERVICE in the CMLO.
I was also trying to find out about the 314 transport group that was based at Larkhill Barracks around june 1947 as my dad was in the 314 transport group. An address on his papers says (Bochum Military 15, Larkhill Barracks, BAOR 14)
I hope this helps.
Ian

Last edited by iandolinski on 19/1/2010, 21:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add details)
Back to top Go down
Oliver (Trince)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Oliver (Trince)

Number of posts : 44
Cap Badge : MSO BAOR
Places Served : MSO Hildesheim, MSO Bracht
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime22/1/2010, 09:49

As a German, who has worked for the MSO in the years 1987-89,

I tried it and get the following response:

xxx@northolt.raf.mod.uk wrote:

Dear Mr Oliver

Thank you for your email.

I can tell you that we do hold some MSO records, but the ones we have only go up to the 1970s, when they were sent to us.

I regret I am unable to advise you as to where you should apply for your personal records.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Regards
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime22/1/2010, 10:00

Oliver,

I believe when you served with the MSO, your records may have been classed as being with the German employment side of British recruitment..

I am not sure in the late eighties that the name 'MSO' in your case had any connections with the old MSO as we knew it, as Germans nationals were not allowed to serve in the 'old MSO.'

I think there was a cut off point? I hope one of our members can advise you.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Oliver (Trince)
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Oliver (Trince)

Number of posts : 44
Cap Badge : MSO BAOR
Places Served : MSO Hildesheim, MSO Bracht
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime22/1/2010, 14:39

alan8376 wrote:
Oliver,

I am not sure in the late eighties that the name 'MSO' in your case had any connections with the old MSO as we knew it, as Germans nationals were not allowed to serve in the 'old MSO.'

I know the old MSO as well. There were a couple of Polish Guys working for the MSO as well at Bracht. They did the Gateguard from 7 am until 5pm. After that the squaddies and a assistant Foreman (MSO) tooked over the Gateguard until next morning 7am.

At my time this Polish guys was called "MSO-Pistole".
Back to top Go down
iandolinski
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: files held by the APC Disclosures 5 Polish   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime30/1/2010, 10:41

Below are extracts from a reply to myself from APC Disclosures 5 Polish hope this helps,

Thank you for your email. I regret our disclosure holds only service records of those, who served in the Polish Forces under British command during WWII and the Polish Resettlement Corps (PRC), which was disbanded in 1949. We have no records of any British units stationed in Germany after the war,Information may be avilable at the National Archives. The address:

National Archives
Kew
Richmond
Surrey TW9 4DU

Regards
APC Polish Historical Disclosures

It is also my belief that they donot hold any records of CMLO/CMWS BAOR Service as i made it quite distinct that i was after BAOR service imformation of my father who was in the CMLO/CMWS from 1947 to 1950
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime30/1/2010, 10:59

Hi,

You may be correct? It seems you may be seeking records of Polish Forces under British command.

I have come across these differences when scanning the web, it would appear there are a few different set ups? This is what I have discovered.

1. MSO immediately post war and those later (are they different?)
2. Polish Units under British command.
3. Polish Soldiers who joined the British Army.

It would seem questions regarding medals and or data are under different addresses!

Alan
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime31/1/2010, 12:22

Ian,

I have read your previous threads seeking information about your father.

There is a black and white cine film made by a professional cinematographer of his own journey from Germany to Australia in 1950, it is a mix of home movie and documentary.

The film has been converted to Video/DVD available. The film clip was taken on board the ship Anna-Salen during the Bremerhafen - Australia trip carrying Displaced Persons. The boat trip follows the one your father took in mid 1950.

PM me if you want more info

Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY   POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLISH CIVILIANS WORKING FOR BAOR - GERMANY
Page 1 of 1