BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL

Go down 
+13
JPW
dandc
mjm34
Hardrations
Big_Mike
TonyE
Webmaster Phil
alan8376
brum
Mike_2817
ciphers
steve
ChrisP
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/5/2010, 15:14

The following Site Links have been amended:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Army_of_the_Rhine

http://www.aboutus.org/BAOR-Locations.co.uk

http://www.archhistory.co.uk/taca/home.html [informed]

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Web_Links/ [added]

Google is starting to pick-up on new URL and will replace .com with .co.uk within a short time.

If you came accross a site with the old .com URL please contact that site and request they update it.

As Aye

Mike_2817
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

Number of posts : 978
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/5/2010, 16:56

Congratulations (I think) Mike, or may I call you Tara ..

Len (Ciphers)
Back to top Go down
http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/5/2010, 21:40

Hi Cyphers,

I like your avatar. Nothing in French, that's refreshing !

brum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/5/2010, 08:30

brum wrote:
I like your avatar. Nothing in French, that's refreshing !

Honi soit qui mal y pense ! Laughing

But I agree, it's indeed a very nice avatar.
Back to top Go down
dandc
Lt Col
Lt Col
dandc

Number of posts : 383
Cap Badge : 15/19H.ARMY AIR CORPS
Places Served : tidworth, fallingbostle, detmold, hongkong, minden
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/5/2010, 17:49

hello guest,with reference to your above entry,the motto is latin not french,the literal translation is,SHAME BE TO HIM WHO THINKS EVIL OF IT.we dont mind banter or critisisim but have the decency to ID yourself please.
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/5/2010, 19:28

ciphers wrote:
Congratulations (I think) Mike, or may I call you Tara ..

Len (Ciphers)

Congratulations may be a little OTT really, I was already an editor of the web site since earler this year, and only differance is that messages now come direct to me, and I will share the load among the other editors as need be.

I am also editing and creating new pages in referance to the RAOC, my own corps.

What we need from our forum members is new material for the web site, and observations & amendments where needed.

All messages via the Contact Us at bottom of each web page.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/5/2010, 21:12

May I also elatedly put on record my grateful thanks to Phil for his foresight in setting up this magnificent site and his hardwork in piloting the development into the success it now is

My grateful thanks to Mike and the Editorial team who have "volunteered" to carry forward the ethos and aims thereby enabling the rest of us BAOR veterans to refresh, record,share and enjoy memories of the "Good Old Days"
Back to top Go down
Rocky
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/5/2010, 22:12

Hi, sorry but I'm not exactly up too speed with the administration of websites, but I'm more then willing to lend a hand if needed. I'm also up for putting my hands in my pockets if financial assistance is needed. i don't use the site as much as some of the others, but I whole heartedly agree that it's far too good to let slip.
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/5/2010, 11:25

Fear not, all is well. Webmaster Phil is away on duty for a while, but between us we have ensured that both the Forum & Web Site are being looked after. Not just by me but by a team made up of the active Editors, and supported by the Forum Moderators who keep an eye out for Rogue Posters who from time to time can disrupt a forum.

All Web Site Fees have been paid in advance, and at the moment to financial help is required, just members to continue to enjoy and donate memories to the pot.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 35
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : BAOR, Cyprus, Aden
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/5/2010, 21:48

To Officer Commanding the site - what have I done to be promoted to Sargeant and transferred from REME to the Royal Artillery?
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/5/2010, 23:01

Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 05:50

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth re acknowledging the sterling contributions Phil and his cohorts have made by establishing and running this site.

I was a bit taken aback as well when I logged on the other week and found I'd be re-routed to some page that announced the domain name was up for grabs or some such thing....essentially that the site was down. I have come to rely on this site being here and having been able to 'chat' with all of you over the last couple of years has been, as I've said before, quite literally a life line for me; you have no idea! I'd hate to lose it from my life and on a wider level would hate to see the info and history this site now holds lost.

I am not in a position to contribute financially, being only recently able to claw my way out of total financial ruin and more or less get my life back on track or at least closer to the tracks than it has been in recent years.

But, having said that, I do want to reiterate just how important this site is and certainly how important it has been to me and my state of well-being. I appreciate ++++ you all so much!
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/6/2010, 13:57

Mike_2817 wrote:
Fear not, all is well. Webmaster Phil is away on duty for a while, but between us we have ensured that both the Forum & Web Site are being looked after. Not just by me but by a team made up of the active Editors, and supported by the Forum Moderators who keep an eye out for Rogue Posters who from time to time can disrupt a forum.

All Web Site Fees have been paid in advance, and at the moment to financial help is required, just members to continue to enjoy and donate memories to the pot.

Mike and all
My contribution is now on the 'History of BAOR' page spoke to Webmaster Phil before his 'walkabout' and has given the go ahead to try and fill in the missing BAOR history this is what this website is all about have only just learnt how to edit and have lost a map but promise to find it and replace soon

http://baor-locations.co.uk/Historyof21stArmyGroupandBAORMay45toFeb49.aspx

Have been researching this era with the help of PJW as the Occupation of Germany is not very well recorded elsewhere when have finished 1 Corps District then go on to 30 Corps/Hannover District and PJW is doing 8 Corps/Hamburg District and other bits hope some of you can help with memories/documents/links please let me know open forum or private message

http://baor-locations.co.uk/HistoryofBAORandBFGfromMar49.aspx

The new BAOR is well recorded but there are errors thought it would be a good idea to have the formations listed and in time the units under command and their locations so far is 1 Corps the Divisions and their Brigades if you feel something is wrong please let me know but understand sometimes impossible to say where a reference was seen with this could do with some help on this with memories/documents/links please let me know open forum or private message

Cheers
Steve study
cheers "History is a mystery and only as good as those who wrote it down"
Quote…Lt General GI Thomas KCB KBE DSO MC GOC 1st Corps District 45-47 "When I find myself in odd parts of the World – and one does very often as a soldier – I always like to know something about its history. I’m sure this healthy curiosity is shared by all of us"

Last edited by steve on 10/6/2010, 14:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cannot spell)
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
bedblock
LCpl
LCpl
bedblock

Number of posts : 6
Cap Badge : ACC, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders
Places Served : Berlin, Lemgo, Osnabruck, Dortmund, Bielefeld, Hong Kong, Cyprus, Falkland Islands, Canada, Northern Ireland, Colchester, Catterick, Edinburgh, Kirton Lindsay, Barton Stacey, Aldershot
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 12:27

Steve

Have been doing quite a bit of work on a BAOR orbat myself and need some help to fill in the gaps and sort out the mistakes. A have put a copy on my web site and you would be welcome to use it on this site.

http://british-army-units1945on.co.uk/Orbats.aspx

ARB
Alan
Back to top Go down
http://www.argylls.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 14:08

Many thanks Alan

Your website has certainly been a great help but as you have found numerous errors out there my aim is first to do 1st Corps District units and with help BAOR up to Feb 49 go to: http://baor-locations.co.uk/historybaor.aspx

You will see a live link when finished 1 Corps continues to the end even not around from Jun 47 to Nov 51 then there will be a link to each Division when completed showing divisional troops and brigades and their units starting with units as your ORBAT as they were May 45 with the changes thereafter but initially only up to Feb 49…working on 53rd (Welsh) Division and 2nd Infantry Division first…as a division is finished will email you WORD document for you compare with your details as you looking forward to corrections

Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL   MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MESSAGE FOR WEBMASTER PHIL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2