BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
School Teacher Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
School Teacher Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
School Teacher Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
School Teacher Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
School Teacher Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
School Teacher Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
School Teacher Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
School Teacher Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
School Teacher Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
School Teacher Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
School Teacher Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
School Teacher Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
School Teacher Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
School Teacher Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
School Teacher Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

School Teacher

Go down 
+2
gingerjim
BobG
6 posters
AuthorMessage

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 07:02

Back to top Go down

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 07:16

Speaking about school teachers. Does the Royal Army Education Corps (RAEC) still exist in Britain's Modern Army?

As for sending soldiers ino schools, good job for all you old 'squaddies.' cheers
Back to top Go down
BobG
Lt Col
Lt Col

Number of posts : 330
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg, Verden, Liebenau, Hohne, Hamm, Duisburg, Minden, Hannover, Fallingbostal, Kuwait, UK, HK, USA/Can.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 16:58

Yes Les the educators still exist as the Education and Training branch of the Adjutant Generals Corps - AGC(ETC).
Bob
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 19:13

i will have a go, but first give me a big stick and rotweiler, ginger
Back to top Go down

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 05:13

Bob, thanks for info re RAEC.

Ginger, mate, prime yourself with some Aldi BRATWURST and a few pints of scrumpy jack and get into those SKOOLS ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
School Teacher 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 16:20

School Teacher Image3hmx

Don't you just love the little bleeders Mad Mad Mad lol!
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 10:19

There was an interesting article in the Daily Telegraph recently written by a former Royal Marine who won an MC in the Falklands and now a Headmaster on why he believes a Service background or ethos can make a major contribution to British Secondary School Education
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 16:19

I was of the age in school when a many of our teachers were WW 2 and some WW 1 vets. They were for the most, a fine group of teachers to have. Poor old Hammy McQueen was a shell shocked WW 1 vet and some of our lads were not beyond slamming a hard cover text book on the floor to see his reaction. Mind, if I remember correctly they only did it once.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 18:29

Hardrations wrote:
I was of the age in school when a many of our teachers were WW 2 and some WW 1 vets. They were for the most, a fine group of teachers to have. Poor old Hammy McQueen was a shell shocked WW 1 vet and some of our lads were not beyond slamming a hard cover text book on the floor to see his reaction. Mind, if I remember correctly they only did it once.

Those little bas....rotten to the core, you bunch! Smile

When I was attending Cornwall School in Dortmund, a real experience for a Canadian kid used to the Canadian school system and school culture I can tell you!, we had a couple of 'old style' schoolmasters. Mr. Gibbons was right out of the pages of whatever school novel you might want to choose. The only thing missing was him wearing one of those flowing 'schoolmaster' robes. He taught English...Chaucer (in the original...groan....) and had an acerbic wit. Always referred to male students as "Mr. Whatever-their-last-name-was" and I suppose female students as "Miss whoever". He had a deadly aim with chalk, and had mastered the art of aiming for the desk in front of the offender, or the offenders desk itself, and having the chalk ricochet off the surface and bean the poor guy smack in the middle of the forehead. Or ambling down the aisle and smacking someone across the back of the head for inattention. Professor Snape in the Harry Potter movies reminds me of Mr. Gibbons; not physically, but in attitude? Oh yeah!!!

If Mr. Gibbons was teaching today and tried that, he'd be up on assault charges! But I'll tell you, I learned more in his class that year than I ever have in any other. And not just how to duck quickly, either.....

Our headmaster, a gray-haired man who unfortunately wore some sort of hairdressing cream, Brylcream or something, that turned his hair an odd shade of snot green in places, was not authoritarian in a physical sense but he could stop a rampaging 4th or 5th Former with just a look.

Teachers in Canada and, before that, in the US had long lost control in the classroom. While I applaud greater involvement by parents in the school, the downside has been too many teachers have faced a chill because their attempts at discipline are met with outrage and censure by parents of the little darlings creating mayhem because the mean teacher has it in for their Johnny or Susie.

Down in the inner cities of the US, and now here in Canada, we see tons of examples of high school students -- and younger! -- packing weapons to school...guns etc. Metal detectors are a not uncommon sight at schools now. Metal detectors!!! And students having to wear officially issued ID tags in school. There's an almost dystopian sense here and something is seriously out of whack, and yet its all accepted as "how it is".....

I suppose this has been building for years....I remember seeing "To Sir, With Love" with Sidney Poitier as a teacher in an inner city slum school in some hell hole. The film came out in 1967 (!!) and, while I was only 13 or 14 at the time, I was quite taken by it. Partly because all us "colonials" had this idea of the strict British school system where students wore uniforms and were respectful of their schoolmasters....NOT! How could any school any where be so dysfunctional, the teachers so resigned and dragging themselves through every day? It seemed far-fetched at the time....flash forward 44 years and it's reality. Scary.

I see it here too. As I've mentioned before I work in a convenience store that has 2 high schools nearby plus an elementary school. We don't see much of the elementary kids and those we do are polite and respectful. The kids from the high schools, however are dreadful, obnoxious, rude, loud little heathens and many of them are gang or soon will be. I absolutely detest them!! (which is why I work evenings, so that I only have one exposure to them -- after school -- and not 3 (before school, lunch (aaaagghh!!!), and after school)). Then I see the parents and realize why the teens are as they are.....explains a lot right there! If the parents (or, more often, parent) is an ignorant, low class, obnoxious, miserable SOB it follows the kids will be too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School Teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Teacher   School Teacher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Teacher
Page 1 of 1