BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

There is no thing as a free lunch

Go down 
+5
Mike_2817
JPW
Shelldrake
brum
steve
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

There is no thing as a free lunch Empty
PostSubject: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime30/3/2012, 18:45

Received today when updating the BAOR Locations website so trying to contact the webmaster please respond to the following message

On 30 April 2012, Office Live Small Business will be discontinued
We are offering an exclusive 6 month free trial of Office 365 and Office Professional Plus to all OLSB customers. Please contact the primary owner of this account in order to transition your information to Office 365 for professionals and small business or another web hosting provider. If you are the primary owner and cannot remember your original sign in information please contact OLSB Support to access your account and receive your 6 month promotion code for Office 365 for professionals and small business and Office Professional Plus.

Please note: If you do not transition your subscription, your Office Live Small Business email account and website will be deactivated and all content will be deleted after 30 April 2012. After this date, access to Office Live Small Business services – including email, website, and document storage will be discontinued.
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime30/3/2012, 18:53

steve wrote:
Received today when updating the BAOR Locations website so trying to contact the webmaster please respond to the following message

On 30 April 2012, Office Live Small Business will be discontinued
We are offering an exclusive 6 month free trial of Office 365 and Office Professional Plus to all OLSB customers. Please contact the primary owner of this account in order to transition your information to Office 365 for professionals and small business or another web hosting provider. If you are the primary owner and cannot remember your original sign in information please contact OLSB Support to access your account and receive your 6 month promotion code for Office 365 for professionals and small business and Office Professional Plus.

Please note: If you do not transition your subscription, your Office Live Small Business email account and website will be deactivated and all content will be deleted after 30 April 2012. After this date, access to Office Live Small Business services – including email, website, and document storage will be discontinued.

Hi Steve,

I won't pretend I understand all that but does it mean you will require a contribution from us ?

I'm up for it, if that is the case.

brum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime30/3/2012, 22:36

That is the main site that is under threat..They are not looking for money yet but Phil or someone with the info required must make contact.If we can`t get hold of Phill,the main site pages could be copied and held on someones PC untill a new site is made available.(i did it with another site that was under threat for a different reason) Hopefully it won`t come to that..

Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime31/3/2012, 09:27

Moin Gordon, Brum and all

Mike and myself have no contact with Webmaster Phil and hope he looks in then reads the post as he is the account holder so needs to contact Microsoft to take on the new system then we will need to chip in to cover whatever fee is needed after six months free if anybody has private contact with Phil please let him know and send steve or mike_2817 a private message

Will be a massive task to copy all the pages What a Face I have editor access and will try and do the town/city pages if anybody can help please send me a private message then can organise who to copy what it will a terrible shame if all this detail is lost Mad

My time is restricted as still working very full time so help would be appreciated cheers

Best regards
Steve
study
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime31/3/2012, 10:53

steve wrote:
Moin Gordon, Brum and all

Mike and myself have no contact with Webmaster Phil and hope he looks in then reads the post as he is the account holder so needs to contact Microsoft to take on the new system then we will need to chip in to cover whatever fee is needed after six months free if anybody has private contact with Phil please let him know and send steve or mike_2817 a private message

Will be a massive task to copy all the pages What a Face I have editor access and will try and do the town/city pages if anybody can help please send me a private message then can organise who to copy what it will a terrible shame if all this detail is lost Mad

My time is restricted as still working very full time so help would be appreciated cheers

Best regards
Steve
study

Hi Steve,

If I can help I gladly will, my PC expertise isn't up to much so you would have to give me a B3 Course.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime31/3/2012, 11:37

Hi Brian

Many thanks all you need to do is highlight, copy and paste text into a blank WORD document if you have on your PC then save as also right click on an image to save as into an image folder...will be in touch later on today

Best regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime31/3/2012, 13:38

steve wrote:
Hi Brian

Many thanks all you need to do is highlight, copy and paste text into a blank WORD document if you have on your PC then save as also right click on an image to save as into an image folder...will be in touch later on today

Best regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately I don't have WORD installed on my PC, I had a 60 day free trial but that has recently expired, is there an alternative that I could maybe download?

Brian.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime1/4/2012, 14:57

It will be an absolute tragedy if this site was to close and the wealth of information not readily available from other sources is lost as well as the secondary role of providing a focus for BAOR veterans to meet and greet each other

I met Webmaster Phillip on a number of occasions whilst he was on a long career course in the UK. He was subsequently posted to Germany where his parent Regiment was warned off for an operational tour in Afghanistan (the reason for him having to handover his responsibilities for the management of this site).

There is a lengthy article in this month's Craftsman (the REME Corps Magazine) in which he is mentioned. I have no private contact address but will contact you privately Steve by pm to suggest a possible option
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 13:56

I beleave we can transition (transfer) the site with a 6 month free trial but have to do so before the end of the month. For personnel resouns I cannot take on the account

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/online-software.aspx#fbid=uv4LfAXdwzs

The access details are the same as the editors details

FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 14:08

I would have a go but I am off to Northern Cyprus from 20th April - 5 July. sunny (It's a hard life this retirement lark.) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 14:40

Mike_2817 wrote:
I beleave we can transition (transfer) the site with a 6 month free trial but have to do so before the end of the month. For personnel resouns I cannot take on the account

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/online-software.aspx#fbid=uv4LfAXdwzs

The access details are the same as the editors details

Need to point out I too will be unable to take on the account
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 14:48

JPW wrote:
It will be an absolute tragedy if this site was to close and the wealth of information not readily available from other sources is lost as well as the secondary role of providing a focus for BAOR veterans to meet and greet each other

I met Webmaster Phillip on a number of occasions whilst he was on a long career course in the UK. He was subsequently posted to Germany where his parent Regiment was warned off for an operational tour in Afghanistan (the reason for him having to handover his responsibilities for the management of this site).

There is a lengthy article in this month's Craftsman (the REME Corps Magazine) in which he is mentioned. I have no private contact address but will contact you privately Steve by pm to suggest a possible option

Thanks JPW
Yes it will be a crying shame to lose all that has been collected over the years...regarding the forum if I have it correct this will not be affected and sure Mike will confirm this...have contacted Phil Webmasters unit but they are on block leave however the guard room has a message for him and have also sent a letter snail mail via the BFPO system...hoping the message gets through before the website goes down
Regards
Steve a long way off retirement!
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 15:25

steve wrote:
regarding the forum if I have it correct this will not be affected and sure Mike will confirm this...

Indeed it is supplied by a different provider

https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 16:04

The forum will not be affected...Nor does it need to be paid for
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 16:42

But what about preserving the history that has been collected?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 18:22

Well as far as i can see, you and Mike are the only one`s who can access the main site to edit etc.Apart from Phill that is..I have copied a few pages (word) which seemed ok untill i opened them.Also tried cutting and pasting on to another site..No go.

HELp
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime6/4/2012, 18:57

If you are willing to have a go, I will e-mail you the password to see what can be done to transfer the site with a new account with 6 month free access to give us some breathing space..

LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 11:39

Moin Gordon and Mike
Have found it is easier to copy without accessing the website BUT through a very good contact have found a way to preserve the content in case the owner cannot be found...watch this space...in the meantime HAPPY EASTER to all albino
Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
ChrisP
WOI
WOI
ChrisP

Number of posts : 100
Cap Badge : RAMC
Places Served : Sennelager, Mil Wing MPH, Ditton, Hohne, Sennelager(again), Newcastle and Rheindahlen
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 12:34

Hi Guys,
I have admin rights and have been away for a long while due to ill health. I think I still have access to the main site. If I do then I will start to save some of the work. I have some space on an external hard drive. We cannot let this stuff go. Unfortunately I will not be able to do this until next weekend at the earliest - I am aware of the deadline. Honestly, I am ill for a few months and the place falls apart!! Laughing Let me know if there is any specific area you want me to save. I cannot take on the site because of health and time constraints.
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 12:52

Quote :
Have found it is easier to copy without accessing the website

Pray tell...
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 13:10

Well I have just tried File - Save As in Internet Explorer saving page as Webpage Complete (*.htm,*html) [Do NOT use Web Archive] which creates a image web page with linked directory with all images in it.

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 13:46

Tried File ..Save as..Works a treat.
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 13:47

Gordon. wrote:
Quote :
Have found it is easier to copy without accessing the website

Pray tell...

Gordon if you scroll up have already mentioned how to do it...

"Many thanks all you need to do is highlight, copy and paste text into a blank WORD document if you have on your PC then save as also right click on an image to save as into an image folder...will be in touch later on today"

It works for me
Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 13:49

To all concern members...PLEASE read my earlier post have found a former Royal Signals expert who is on the case...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime7/4/2012, 17:02

Quote :
Royal Signals expert who is on the case...

Ah well no probs then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is no thing as a free lunch   There is no thing as a free lunch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There is no thing as a free lunch
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next