BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sprechen sie Deutsche?

Go down 
+11
KIeler sprotten
Hardrations
jerry
Chemist
Eric England
cartav
unclevanya
brum
gingerjim
"john boy"
Shelldrake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/10/2013, 11:18

Not Deutsch related,  but excusable as Shelldrake's previous court bit came up
( and I'm led to believe it's true and Canadian..........)

Judge:          Before I sentence you,  have you anything to say ?

Accused:      F.... All :

Judge:          What ?   ( turns to court clerk )   What did he say ?

Clerk :          He said " F... All"  your honour.

Judge:          Really...... But I'm sure I heard him say something !l
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/10/2013, 21:45

Arrrgghh picking on us Canadian innocents....

One I picked up second hand. Involves the RCN in WW 2 and apparently also true. Friend of mine was on his Group 3 course in Kingston in 69 with a fellow from Toronto who was in the navy during the war. He and a friend of his from the praries got some leave from Halifax and went off to Toronto to enjoy it. The fella from the praries had the terrible habit of using the F**K word. So buddy asked him to watch his language at his home, as his parents were true blue church goers. Also it turns out that the family was quite well off, lived in the Rosedale district and had maids to serve the meals. So at dinner the first evening the guest from the praries asked for the butter, " Please pass the F-F-F-F butter please. The son smiles and bursts out, " You all most F**K'en said it eh!". And like I say, apparently true.
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime21/10/2013, 12:05

And one to show it's not only the Brits who get confused.............
Avid readers of my ramblings might remember that once, in the not too distant past, I had an amorous  association with a comely fraulein.  Being also rich, as well as comely, she paid me frequent visits and on these occasions she used her extensive knowledge of English to communicate.

Sometimes it went wrong.   Wanting a ballpoint pen,  a Kugelschreiber, she wandered alone into a local shop where such implements could be purchased.  I should add that she also called these a " Bic" back home, or maybe it was in France where such things are made. Poor lass got it wrong, asked  the shopkeeper if he had "........ a Prick" and couldn't understand why he collapsed in laughter.
Back to top Go down
TimSherlock
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 26
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Harrogate, Munster
Registration date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/10/2013, 09:41

I remember when I first arrived in Germany at the tender age of 17 seeing the name Geoff Net at almost every petrol station on the way from Gutersloh to Munster.. and thinking to myself wow, this Geoff Net must be a rich bloke owning all these petrol stations.

Much to my embarrassment I found out later what Geoffnet meant Smile
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/10/2013, 14:51

In a similar vein.
In the early 60s, with all the road construction going on, getting around Germany could get difficult.
I remember, while sitting in the back of a Bedford, a National Serviceman remarking "It's a very common name for the villages around here, isn't it?
When we said "wot ?", he said "Umleitung".
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

Number of posts : 232
Cap Badge : REME 1972 - 1984
Places Served : Arborfield, Deepcut Camberley 25 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 4 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 655 Sqn AAC Detmold, QRIH Padderbon, 9/12 Lancers Muenster, 655 Tank Tptr Sqn Fallingbostel, HQ REME 3rd Armd Div Korbecke, SEE Arborfield, HQ REME Trg Center Arborfield.
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/10/2013, 14:55

brum wrote:
In a similar vein.
In the early 60s, with all the road construction going on, getting around Germany could get difficult.
I remember, while sitting in the back of a Bedford, a National Serviceman remarking "It's a very common name for the villages around here, isn't it?
When we said "wot ?", he said "Umleitung".
Detour:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/10/2013, 15:34

In a similar, similar vein. In the early '60s my parent Regiment moved from the UK to Germany, in those days MQs were in short supply so a lot of families had to rent Private Accommodation. A lot of the lads would come in to the Bty Office to register their new address. Einbahnstrasse 27b, Sackgasse 18 or Kein Durchgang 7 were popular as I recall.
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/10/2013, 19:02

wot about 24 reaperbhan
Back to top Go down
steve jones
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 210
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : AAC Carlisle, Bielefeld, Werl, Munster, Arborfield
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 02:17

a group of us once drove to venlo for an evening of beer and fish and chips, would then sleep it off in my VW (4 of us) then drive back next day. anyway we went to a local bar, and ordered our beer in German. when it arrived i asked for it to be put on my mat, the barmaid wouldnt and made me pay. Later in the evening Mein host came round and i mentioned to him that we had to pay each round up front, and that this was not usual, had we done something wrong. oh he said, your english, sorry she thought you were Germans. he came back with a free round, and toasted us all 'remember Arnheim !!!!
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 03:11

On the same theme, a new fella just posted in, mentioned to me that this Einbhan Str. fella must be popular.
Back to top Go down
Chemist
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt
Chemist

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 09:36

One moron I worked with would great play of going into a bar and ordering "Sex Pils bitte"
Well he thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 12:25

Then there was Ausfahrt (snigger) which was the name of every German town off the Autobahn.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

Number of posts : 232
Cap Badge : REME 1972 - 1984
Places Served : Arborfield, Deepcut Camberley 25 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 4 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 655 Sqn AAC Detmold, QRIH Padderbon, 9/12 Lancers Muenster, 655 Tank Tptr Sqn Fallingbostel, HQ REME 3rd Armd Div Korbecke, SEE Arborfield, HQ REME Trg Center Arborfield.
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 12:42

Shelldrake wrote:
Then there was Ausfahrt (snigger) which was the name of every German town off the Autobahn.
I have met the Ausfahrt many times.Basketball 
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2013, 15:41

And not only in German............. A mate tried to pass on a fictitious address when asked for if by an over-zealous busybody. He wrote down :-

c/o Miss Mary Olds,
The Old Cock Inn.
Tillet
Herts
Back to top Go down
oldman1952
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 5
Cap Badge : RCT then RAMC
Places Served : JTR Rhyl, 4Div RCT Duisburg, 29 Field Ambulance Obernkirchen, Canada, Northern Ireland, Berlin, Cyprus, 1 Medical Group Donnington
Registration date : 2013-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/2013, 23:18

On exercise in southern Germany we parked the vehicles in a barn for the night on a local farm. In the morning I went to the farm house to see if I could get some fresh eggs and bacon for the guys. I hadn't a clue what eggs were so I walked around like a chicken and a duck saying quack-quack egg. The old farmers wife with Nora Batty stockings. The laughed so much she pee'd herself and said they were Ainter Aeir. The guys also had a good laugh and a slap up breakfast.
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/10/2013, 19:18

ausfart surely that came after the rough scrumpy ,
Back to top Go down
Daveb
WOI
WOI
Daveb

Number of posts : 105
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Iserlohn, Herford X 2
Registration date : 2010-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/11/2013, 22:52

My usual reply to that question is  "nur wenn notwendig".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sprechen sie Deutsche?   Sprechen sie Deutsche? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sprechen sie Deutsche?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2