BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf

Go down 
+2
alan8376
steve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Empty
PostSubject: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime15/4/2019, 19:33

Worth passing on for those living in Germany

Good news: Our project continues!
We have now widened our horizon and are currently preparing a new exhibition on behalf of the NRW State Parliament in Düsseldorf – and of course guided tours will be on offer again as well!
Information concerning the exhibition:
The “British in North-Rhein Westphalia” exhibition throws a new light on the numerous and varied Anglo-German relationships, dating from 1945 through to the present day: from the requisition of housing, to cooperation at the workplace, the celebration of carnival and sport events, friendships, love and marriage, up to visits by the Queen to various garrison towns and military manoeuvres. The exhibition ends with the as-of-yet unanswered question: “What remains?”.
The exhibition, curated by Dr. Bettina Blum, is based on the successful Paderborn exhibition “British in Westphalia”, which has been readapted especially for the NRW State Parliament and contains numerous photos and objects specific to the Rhein area – including objects from the former Headquarters at Mönchengladbach.
The bilingual exhibition presents a whole series of fresh, unusual, and very personal insights that invite its visitors into a discussion.
Opening times and guided tours:
The exhibition in the NRW State Parliament (Landtag) in Düsseldorf will be open to the public from the 4th May through to 2nd June 2019, and can be visited on Saturdays and Sundays between 11:00 – 17:00 hours.
Entrance: Free of charge.
With effect from 9th May 2019, guided tours in English and in German can be booked by groups of all sizes. The guided tours through the exhibition will be available at the weekends between 11:00 - 16.00 hours, and weekdays between 10.00 and 15.00 hours (Fridays up to 13.00 hours).
The duration of the guided tours is approx. 60 minutes. We will gladly integrate your personal interests, where possible.
For group bookings contact:
Briten-Ausstellung@landtag.nrw.de

Lohausen likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Number of posts : 736
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime15/4/2019, 21:29

Steve,
Recently received a personal invite to the Exhibition from the President of the Landtags.

Guest of Honour 'The Baroness Faulkner of Margravine' will be present.

Sadly, due to family commitments, I had to turn the Invitation down. I was looking forward to a couple of days in Düsselldorf

I had submitted a collection of my slides depicting parachuting at Bad Lippspringe from 1969 and other parafinalia to Bettina for the Exhibition. A couple of the items I have donated to the Paderborn Archives.

Alan
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1001
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime16/4/2019, 13:04

Alan

Well done that man, via Pborn4 have submitted a map of BAOR on reformation of the 7th Armoured Division 1 Mar 49 and I have added an Order of Battle of divisional major units producing a three page display, also a CD with scans of a booklet produced in 1948 for soldiers and families posted to BAOR, this will appear as a display (makes interesting reading)

Have also received an invite and will be going to Düsseldorf just for the day, DB ticket bought on line great price bought in advance with my Bahn Card, should prove an interesting day, will be taking my camera
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime16/4/2019, 16:34

Steve, Well done you as well.. Missed chance to meet up!

Alan
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime3/5/2019, 09:33

Steve

Look forward to your comments on the trip to Dusseldorf, one of my old stamping grounds.
Back to top Go down
burgess720
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime4/5/2019, 04:24

JPW wrote:
Steve

Look forward to your comments on the trip to Dusseldorf, one of my old stamping grounds.

A long time ago, I posted a photo of the Church Army building in Dusseldorf
Is the building still there ? and current use, guess flats now
What is the street name?

Thanks
Sapper
Back to top Go down
Pborn4
Brig
Brig
Pborn4

Number of posts : 659
Cap Badge : Not even a reservist now - have been Pborn3
Places Served : Oswestry 1965, Paderborn to 1971, NE Dist, Munsterlager from 1974, Sennelager (1976 to 2012)
Registration date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime8/5/2019, 21:11

Back to top Go down
Pborn4
Brig
Brig
Pborn4

Number of posts : 659
Cap Badge : Not even a reservist now - have been Pborn3
Places Served : Oswestry 1965, Paderborn to 1971, NE Dist, Munsterlager from 1974, Sennelager (1976 to 2012)
Registration date : 2016-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime23/5/2019, 19:17

Extended Stay in Duesseldorf:

GOOD NEWS:
As a result of  multiple and extremely positive comments, visitor responses and feedback;
"The British in North Rhine Westphalia" Exhibition  
in the NRW State Parliament at Duesseldorf (Landtag)
is being extended for another two weeks.

A large number of visitors have already looked over the exhibition at the weekends, as well as on weekdays
Interested groups have included:  School classes, VHS (night-school) English classes, groups of friends, students and other
interested parties, some BAOR Veterans (Families too) some of whom have also taken guided tours.

The exhibition retains its place on the upper floor of the  NRW State Parliament in Düsseldorf Landtag, and can be visited
on Saturdays and Sundays as well as on weekdays up to Sun 16 June (apart from the Whitsun weekend when the building is closed).

Guided tours (1 hr duration) in English and German can be booked by individuals or groups of
all sizes. The tours through the exhibition are available on
weekends between 11:00 - 16.00 hours, and on weekdays between 10.00 and
15.00 hours (Fridays up to 13.00 hours).
Admission and the guided tours are free of charge.
For places on a tour contact:  briten-ausstellung@landtag.nrw.de.  to arrange a time.
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime23/5/2019, 19:27

Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime24/5/2019, 08:18

It is indeed, congratulations to the members of this site for their contributions (however small) to this event
Back to top Go down
Lohausen
Private
Private
Lohausen

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2022-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime2/9/2022, 21:39

Hi everyone,

do you know if there has been some sort of catalogue accompanying the exhibition? With photographs etc.? Answers are much appreciated.
Liebe Grüße

Pborn4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime3/9/2022, 17:28

Hi,
I will send a message to Bettina for you. Bettina arranged the exhibition at Düsseldorf.

We have one of our team who attended the exhibition. Maybe he can help you as well?

MfG

Alan

Lohausen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lohausen
Private
Private
Lohausen

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime3/9/2022, 20:02

That´s great Alan.
Thanks so much.
MfG
Banu
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime5/9/2022, 17:13

Hi Banu,  

Bettina Blum, has replied to me regarding the exhibition in Düsseldorf.  It seems there was not enough time to create a catalogue. Schade!!

After Note:
I handed over to Bettina, to copy some of my original photos from my parachuting days at Bad Lippspringe for her collection. Bettina returned all the photos to me after copying.

Bettina was struggling collecting original copies due to the Copyright rules. I am sure many items were submitted to her, which could not be used, due to proving ownership. Strangely some photos I gave had already German Newspaper ownership rights stamped on the photos reverse.  Contacting the News Company soon sorted out any permission needed. Which was granted!

Alan
Back to top Go down
Lohausen
Private
Private
Lohausen

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime5/9/2022, 21:41

Hi Alan,

oh, man das mit dem Katalog ist wirklich schade!

I already contacted the "Lohausen Bürgerverein" in Düsseldorf and the Stadtarchive in Düsseldorf, but they say they have almost none visual material of that time and place. The lady at the archive said, maybe the Kataster-Amt has something, which is of course not what I am looking for.
Naja, I will continue looking, I have some contacts in Düsseldorf-Lohausen which I will go after.
Maybe, its also ambivalent for the older germans living in Lohausen, because of the "Britische Alliierten".
I dont know!
Thanks anyway, that you took the time to talk 2 Bettina.
Lieben Gruß,
Banu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf   The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The British in North-Rhein Westphalia Düsseldorf
Page 1 of 1