BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 1 Bot

Pborn4

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pborn4
Brig
Brig
Pborn4

Number of posts : 653
Cap Badge : Not even a reservist now - have been Pborn3
Places Served : Oswestry 1965, Paderborn to 1971, NE Dist, Munsterlager from 1974, Sennelager (1976 to 2012)
Registration date : 2016-12-16

SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Empty
PostSubject: SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre   SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime12/1/2023, 20:13

https://www.bfposchools.co.uk/history/golden_days

BFES was established by the British Government with the first schools opening in war-torn Germany in November 1946 under the direction of John Trevelyan CBE.

In the late 1960s teachers and officers employed under the auspices of the three Service Education Corps (Army, Navy & Royal Air Force) were brought together under the umbrella organisation Service Children's Education Authority (SCEA). SCEA was headed by a military Controller (Colonel or equivalent) who changed every two years.
In North-West Europe, schools were operated by Service Children's Schools (SCS-NWE).  In 1996 SCEA and SCS-NWE  combined as Service Children's Education (SCE).

In the 1980s the organisation had schools and offices in 127 locations world-wide.  Some three-quarters of these were in West Germany.

https://www.bfposchools.co.uk/locations/search

https://www.bfposchools.co.uk/archiveimages

https://www.bfposchools.co.uk/archivevideos

https://www.bfposchools.co.uk/archivedocs

https://www.bfposchools.co.uk/assets/images/Archives/archives2/zone_1000.jpg
Back to top Go down
GeorgeTurner
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-10-03

PostSubject: Re: SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre   SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime6/3/2023, 00:30

I wonder if anyone can help in identifying the school that I attended when we lived in Ronsdorf. We were bused in to it each morning from the married quarters in Am Knokel. This would have been between 1959-1961. My father was Col Sergeant George Robert Turner in the Royal Green Jackets. I have one school report but it just lists it as Wuppertal. In hopeful anticipation. George John Turner
Back to top Go down
ianalderman
Cpl
Cpl

Number of posts : 13
Places Served : Lived, not served. Dhekelia, Larnaca, Benghazi, Tripoli, Munster, Wuppertal, Caterham, Chelsea, Windsor.
Registration date : 2015-09-03

PostSubject: Re: SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre   SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime6/3/2023, 07:23

GeorgeTurner wrote:
I wonder if anyone can help in identifying the school that I attended when we lived in Ronsdorf. We were bused in to it  each morning from the married quarters in Am Knokel. This would have been between 1959-1961. My father was Col Sergeant George Robert Turner in the Royal Green Jackets. I have one school report but it just lists it as Wuppertal. In hopeful anticipation. George John Turner

Hi George, if you were of the right age at the time, it would probably have been to the block pictured below, which was in Buller barracks, but is now part of a university. I also lived in Am Knochel and attended that school, albeit a little later than you. In fact my last year there was the last that it was used by the British. I remember "volunteering" to clear the building during the Summer holidays as it involved smashing up furniture. The sports/football field was out of shot, to the right. See also this previous thread. https://bfg-locations.editboard.com/t1823-looking-for-old-school-barracks
SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre 4b8a142c-6dfb-4968-bcef-2990098c40a1

Last edited by ianalderman on 7/3/2023, 05:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astro
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Cap Badge : Royal Engineers
Places Served : Hameln, Dover, Osnabruck
Registration date : 2021-04-11

PostSubject: Re: SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre   SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime6/3/2023, 13:09

Well thank-you @Pborn4 for this.

I was OC RHQ Troop 25 Engineer Regiment in the early 1980's. I got married in 1984 and my wife joined me in Osnabruck. She was a Junior School teacher and determined to carry on working so as soon as she arrived she contacted the Marlborough School, which was just round the corner from our MQ, and got a position with them.

So imagine our surprise and delight to follow the link above to BFPS schools, go to the Marlborough School page and one of the staff pictures from 1984 had my wife in it. My wife says she can remember every one of the staff in the picture.

Many thanks for the memories!

Pborn4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre   SCEA BFES  SCS-NWE  SCE Education in Theatre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCEA BFES SCS-NWE SCE Education in Theatre
Page 1 of 1