BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Sheil Barracks, Verden
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime28/4/2024, 10:29 by steve

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Oh Dear! Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Oh Dear!

Go down 
+11
reg
ciphers
jimsigs1
recce83
Goldmohur
bob
Stephen Lock
"john boy"
Shelldrake
brum
Teabag
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 16:15

Love to be a fly on the wall of the CO's office when he is marched in. Sounds a right divvy!

pa.press.net, Updated: 25/04/2011 15:57
Palace guard axed over Kate rant

A Buckingham Palace guard has been axed from his regiment's duties on the the day of the royal wedding after he ranted about Kate Middleton on Facebook.

Scots Guardsman Cameron Reilly, 18, called the bride-to-be a "posh b****" on the social networking site.

The soldier, who regularly wears the famous bearskin hat and red tunic while on duty outside royal palaces, is also being investigated for racist posts.

Referring to Kate and her future husband, he wrote: "hur and william drove past me on friday n all a got was a sh***y wave while she looked the opposite way from me, stupid stuck up cow am a not good enough for them! posh b**** am totally with u on this 1 who reely gives a f*** about hur".

The guardsman, who has on his Facebook profile that he joined the Army in 2010, is seen posing on the website holding machine guns while wearing his uniform.

Commenting on the picture he makes a racist rant: "a was gonae put a few rifles in ma bergan anaw but then a remembered a couldnt fit any in cause a had 2 many p***'s scalps in it already".

Reilly, who lists "Super-strength lager" and "Causing Trouble" among his interests, is pictured kissing a bottle of vodka and posing with the fortified wine Buckfast on his page.

While he was inside the Tower of London - where he is also pictured on Facebook - the soldier makes an anti-Semitic posting.

He wrote: "is watchin a massive jew gathering outside the window at the tower of london!! av never seen so many rabbi's in ma life".

A spokesman for the MoD said the claims were being investigated.
Back to top Go down

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 16:46

I just read that Teabag...When will they learn..??
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 16:51

Clearly educated well beyond today's dire standard.

Typical Woodentop ! drunken
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 18:31

Things people do to get off Guard, I suppose that's what happens when you do away with "Stickman". Shocked Surprised
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Oh Dear! 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 20:24

what a PLANK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime25/4/2011, 22:21

"john boy" wrote:

????? Scots Guards not Royal Artillery!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Oh Dear! 890-95

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 10:45

Teabag wrote:
"john boy" wrote:

????? Scots Guards not Royal Artillery!

sorry ! what a PLONKER lol!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime26/4/2011, 18:37

How did he ever get in to begin with? Sounds as if he's got a low IQ, functionally illiterate, and probably didn't get past 4th Form, 5th if he was lucky...not that having a "formal" education = a lack intelligence, just "uneducated."

I suppose I am showing my age, but first off I really don't "get" Facebook, Twitter, etc., kind of do but not really. Secondly, if one is on one of these social networks - and I do 'get' being on them - use your brain, man! Everything you put up on it can be directly traced back to you, obviously. It is NOT anonymous, you git!

Some allowances for being an, obviously, immature 18 year old (how does an 18 year old land duty at Royal palaces??? I would have thought you had to go through some sort of screening/training/recommendations for that), but over and above that....yeah, a total idiot.
Back to top Go down

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 06:28

I thought it was 'Free speech in UK.; The Guardsman should have used his melon and gone to speakers corner at Hyde Park for his oration.

I agree with the above comments what a halfwit. Embarassed Disgrace to the uniform. Evil or Very Mad

He will never make an RSM in the Scots Guards now. Not even in the Catering Corps, with all due respect to the ACC.

Mybe he hit the computor keys full of Tennants Lager or Glenmorangie Highland Malt.
affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
bob
WOII
WOII
bob

Number of posts : 94
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E
Places Served : 74c Deepcut, Bordon,Detmold, Hohne, Osnabruck, Soest
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 06:59

Beachley Boy wrote:

Mybe he hit the computor keys full of Tennants Lager or Glenmorangie Highland Malt.
affraid lol!

Doubt very much if he even knows what/where Glenmorangie is ...Buckfast Tonic wine is the tipple of choice for yer discernin weegie.....the stuff is absolutely awful .
I'm on Faceache ( very rarely) I'm in contact with blokes I haven't seen since the 1980's .I'm also very careful about what I write on there and who has access to my profile.

The thing with the yoof of today is that the engage keyboard without engaging their single brain cell.
We've all done/said stupid things in our youth but the trouble with the internet is that whats written doesn't disappear with the hangover next day!
He really is a stupid boy!
Back to top Go down
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 15:07

Still, if he goes with his Bn to Afghanistan and is blown to bits, he`ll be a hero as they carry him through Wootton Bassett
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Oh Dear! 890-95

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 16:18

You can see what will happen they will revue vetting process and it will become even more stringent than before.It will make it so hard for an honest decent law abiding person to join any of the services . they will delve so deep in to a persons background they wont want to join up Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 18:52

John Boy, that sounds like a good idea to me, it has been my experience since the first and second Gulf war, and now Afghanistan, that the powers that be were not as stringent in their selection procedures as they might have been. It was the case several years ago, and I would imagine things haven't changed that much, that each Recruiting Office had a quota to aspire to, I would imagine that a few "Undesirables" have slipped through the net. Quite a few members of HM Forces nowadays are signed up on a Contract, bit like the YTS Scheme that they ran in the early/mid Eighties.
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Oh Dear! 890-95

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 21:21

Shelldrake wrote:
John Boy, that sounds like a good idea to me, it has been my experience since the first and second Gulf war, and now Afghanistan, that the powers that be were not as stringent in their selection procedures as they might have been. It was the case several years ago, and I would imagine things haven't changed that much, that each Recruiting Office had a quota to aspire to, I would imagine that a few "Undesirables" have slipped through the net. Quite a few members of HM Forces nowadays are signed up on a Contract, bit like the YTS Scheme that they ran in the early/mid Eighties.

. Hope he is proud of himself ? doubt his parents are.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 21:29

"john boy" wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:

. Hope he is proud of himself ? doubt his parents are.

lol!

Bet his parents are just as bad. If my kids had grown up being virtually illiterate I would have fallen on my sword for failing them.

Thick as pig shit a lot of them.
Back to top Go down

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime27/4/2011, 23:16

Must agree with you Teabag...I blame the parents..
Read an interesting article recently (can`t remember where) That a survey of present day teenagers said they would be far stricter with their kids..Remains to be seen

Last edited by Gordon. on 28/4/2011, 08:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime28/4/2011, 08:28

I think there is also a big difference between "Military" parents and "Civilian" parents, different values.

Brian
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime28/4/2011, 18:27

Beachley Boy wrote:
I thought it was 'Free speech in UK.; The Guardsman should have used his melon and gone to speakers corner at Hyde Park for his oration.

I agree with the above comments what a halfwit. Embarassed Disgrace to the uniform. Evil or Very Mad

He will never make an RSM in the Scots Guards now. Not even in the Catering Corps, with all due respect to the ACC.

affraid lol!

I don't know what Glenmorangie sells for in the UK, but over here it's well out of the range of a guardsman's pay I would think ($89 which is about 40 pounds). And this character doesn't sound like he comes from a particularly affluent environment.

It's all a question of standards...and I see them slipping the world over.

On another note: Please apologize to our future head of state if I don't stay up to watch him lose his freedom at 0200 local time. But I promise I`ll toast him with a glass of Glenfiddich tonight. (I can`t afford Glenmorangie, either.)
Back to top Go down

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime28/4/2011, 23:03

Quote :
I`ll toast him with a glass of Glenfiddich tonight. (I can`t afford Glenmorangie, either
-

Surely there`s not that much difference in price?I would have thought the Glenfiddich would be dearer..
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 00:58

No, Glenfiddich is almost half the price of Glenmorangie here abouts.

So anyway, I happened to wake up at around 0120 and after lying there for a while thought: "what the hell...", got up and turned on the box to watch my Colonel's son tie the knot. My better half struggled out 15 minutes later.

I'm glad I did, it was a great show and it's history. I toasted the royal couple with the aforementioned dram and went back to bed after the balcony scene.

It's amazing how many breakfast parties were going on at various hotels across Canada from east to west this morning. Not too bad in Halifax where they're only zulu minus 4, but as you drift west another 4 time zones it's gets a bit early even for the roosters.

Anyway, it was worth the loss of sleep. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did.
Back to top Go down

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 01:09

Crikey, many wedding posts, everybody got excited. Good stuff boys.
Back to top Go down

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 07:57

When it comes to pomp and ceremony ,there`s none better than the British queen
Back to top Go down
jimsigs1
Let Gen
Let Gen
jimsigs1

Number of posts : 1298
Places Served : Harrogate 1949-52. HQ BAOR Sig Regt 1952-54, Korea 1954-55, Egypt 1955, Cyprus 1955-57, HMS Santon 1957, UK 7th Hussars 1957-59, 1st Gds Bde 1959-60, 201 Signal Sqn 1960-62, 206 Sig Sqn 1962-63, 7 Sig Regt 1963-66, 249 Sig Sqn 1966-68, 11 Sig Regt 1968-72. Retired 1972
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 13:19

Great Ceremony, colourful and went off like clockwork. Obviously a lot of back room people made it all possible. The military were excellent. Was that the GSM standing by the royal car saluting ?

Jimsigs1
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 15:02

Got to agree, no-one does it like us! I liked the guy opening the offside door of HM the Queens car, he opened the door and saluted but the Queen decided to alight from the nearside door - or was it done for the sake of that good old British Army tradition "Uniformity"?

Brian
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 15:26

My wife recorded the whole malarkey so we were able to fast-forward the "boring bits".

Prince Harry, I wonder who he borrowed that Donkey Walloper's uniform from, Giant Haystacks ?

Why couldn't they get the ring on, I wonder ? That's the Court Jeweller for the Tower !

Anybody notice Phil The Greek getting into the Scottish coach after "Cease Firing" had been given ? I thought he was going to pull the whole thing over !

I wanted to see the fly-past. It was a case of "blink and you miss it". I suppose the poofy director wanted to get back to dresses & hats.

over and out ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh Dear! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear!   Oh Dear! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh Dear!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next