BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

It's official

Go down 
+4
dagian
brum
"john boy"
Teabag
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

It's official - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/6/2011, 22:02

Brum you have no worries on that score, Chefs are not normally renowned for their accuracy - the two dirty gits that I shared a room with always missed the bucket! Shocked
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
It's official - Page 2 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/6/2011, 22:41

Shelldrake wrote:
Brum you have no worries on that score, Chefs are not normally renowned for their accuracy - the two dirty gits that I shared a room with always missed the bucket! Shocked

I received my marksman badge in training bom bom lol! you have been warned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/6/2011, 23:08

Quote :

must admit this bunch look like they've just finished in the Morgue we've been around since the dawn of time

Feed them and freeze them...Is this the start of re-cycling? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 07:29

"john boy" wrote:
It's official - Page 2 A116-485s

must admit this bunch look like they've just finished in the Morgue affraid lol! we've been around since the dawn of time

John Boy, I think that the two I shared a room with are in that photograph - the Lcpl in the front row and the guy with the mousetache directly behind! clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 07:36

Hmm I thought you were a tad younger than that Shelldrake Surprised
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 10:54

We had a guy who "washed" in Brut aftershave until the error of his ways were pointed out with the help of a broom.
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 11:55

We had 'Pet Ops' in the RAOC who used to get a second sitting for tea to give them time to de-gas themselves. [even on exercise the were segregated LoL] Not saying they were a dirty lot, just a dirty job, same as the cooks who needed de-greasing after a shift...

Maj Gen
Maj Gen
It's official - Page 2 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 13:50

Teabag wrote:
We had a guy who "washed" in Brut aftershave until the error of his ways were pointed out with the help of a broom.

Can you imagine giving someone a Regimental bath in this day and age Question and how many rules would have been broken Question lol!
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 16:37

[quote="brum"]

One well aimed Spam fritter from John Boy and I'm a goner !

Memories of the aforesaid had me thinking.

Remember those other dishes the cooks used to knock up ? (usually sunday evening), to get rid of leftovers, we suspected.

Bread & jam fritters was another.

Nasi Goreng, known as Nazi Goering.

When I was at Rhyl a cook there did a pie full of sausage meat.

I'm sure I'll remember more

Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 17:16

Mike_2817 wrote:
We had 'Pet Ops' in the RAOC who used to get a second sitting for tea to give them time to de-gas themselves. [even on exercise the were segregated LoL] Not saying they were a dirty lot, just a dirty job, same as the cooks who needed de-greasing after a shift...

I did a TTF/UBRE Instructors course at West Moors, it must have been one of the strangest courses, apart from a Small Arms Instrs course at Warminster, that I attended. The Trade Test, after two weeks, consisted of a written exam, transfer of fuel from a TTF to a UBRE followed by the sniffing of 5 phials of fuel which we then had to identify. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 17:32

"john boy" wrote:
Teabag wrote:

Can you imagine giving someone a Regimental bath in this day and age Question and how many rules would have been broken Question lol!

About as many rules we broke back then, but now they phone 'No win - no fee' and sue everyone...

A grot is given an admin discharge as 'no longer required' before they get to a unit these days.

One major difference is, if you get charged with a civil offence within MoD property (i.e. ABH for a Regimental Bath that draws blood) you are still marched in front of the OC but the crime/plea is reported to the Magistrates Court and recorded on your civi 'Crime Sheet' for life..

Armed Forces Act 2006

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 18:53

Quote :
Remember those other dishes the cooks used to knock up ? (usually sunday evening), to get rid of leftovers, we suspected

The very reason i never have the Chefs special when eating out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 19:05

Quote :
One major difference is, if you get charged with a civil offence within MoD property (i.e. ABH for a Regimental Bath that draws blood) you are still marched in front of the OC but the crime/plea is reported to the Magistrates Court and recorded on your civi 'Crime Sheet' for life..

I was told a few years ago that OCs orders was the equivalent of a magistrates court appearance,I rubbished this and was promptly told that one could have had a cival lawyer to represent one when on OCs orders.When i think of the thousands of squaddies who have appeared in front of an OC had used this option the MOD would be bankrupt.I did know that for a court martial a cival lawyer was permitted but not for OCs orders

Do you think one of these no win no fee chaps would have a go for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/6/2011, 19:14

i am sure that lancejack in the picture used to make our porrage at viersen , ginger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official   It's official - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2