I am currently trying to find more information on my grandfather Erich Fischer. I talked to some family members and this is what I got out of them:
- he was not a member of the British Forces but I still hope that maybe somebody remembers him or can help me finding some info more about his role or any related info.
- He came to Minden in 1950, after having been a PoW in the US
- It seems that he worked for the Major of the Westminster Barracks in Minden, as he was fluent in English. The job was an administrative position.
- His son, Jürgen Fischer worked for the GSO as well
- He died in 1955 in the Westminster Barracks in Minden, Simeonsstrasse.
- He may have been dismissed from his work due to unknown reasons, though then I don´t understand why he would still live in the Westminster Barracks.
I hope there is somebody here who can help me finding some more pieces to this puzzle and help me learning about more about my grandfather. In return, I might be able to help with some info about Minden, as I was born there and go back there from time to time.