BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Soldiers Pensions
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime6/9/2024, 00:09 by Pborn4

» RAPA, Bad Lippspringer
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime3/9/2024, 08:33 by Dee Z

» Polish Air Force
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime2/9/2024, 22:51 by Pborn4

» NAAFI to be closed
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime1/9/2024, 19:07 by Pborn4

» History of the Garrison and Brits in Westfalen (Impacts)
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime25/8/2024, 15:51 by Rocky

» Have you heard of a place called SCHMIEDE?
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime23/8/2024, 20:08 by Pborn4

» Long shot Hildesheim 1964
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime22/8/2024, 04:49 by Kevin1964

» New BAOR-locations website - 25 May 2024
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime20/8/2024, 11:17 by steve

» Units at Roberts Barracks
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime20/8/2024, 10:12 by garrymac

» R.A.F. Eindhoven - 1953
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime16/8/2024, 13:59 by alan8376

» Munster Guard?
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime10/8/2024, 16:02 by Goonluvingypsy

» Curry Wurst
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime6/8/2024, 08:18 by alan8376

» BFG petrol coupons
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime5/8/2024, 23:28 by Pborn4

» Munster mysters and memory failure
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime5/8/2024, 08:38 by steve

» Bad Harzburg
BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime30/7/2024, 19:42 by JGW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BMH Iserlohn

Go down 
+2
JPW
nlivingstone60
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nlivingstone60
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-21

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime21/4/2014, 16:29

I was born in BMH Iserlohn in 1960 and visited last year, on my birthday, for the first time since I was born. The hospital is now divided between a business college and a boarding school. The caretaker allowed me to have a good look around. I was wondering if anyone remembers exactly where the maternity unit was in those days? I would also be interested if anyone could confirm that the Canadian flag flew alongside the British flag outside the building.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime23/4/2014, 16:18

Almost certainly the Canadian Flag would have been flown in your time, the hospital provided back up medical facilities to the Canadian Brigade based in nearby Hemer, Soest and Werl and there were Canadian staff based in the BMH

Steve Lock will doubtless confirm when he next calls by.
Back to top Go down
pentaxpete
Sgt
Sgt
pentaxpete

Number of posts : 35
Cap Badge : RAMC
Places Served : Millbank RAMC College, Royal Herbert Hosp Woolwich, BMH Munster, BMH Berlin, BMH Iserlohn
Registration date : 2017-01-17

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Canadians at BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime26/1/2017, 13:19

When i was posted to BMH Iserlohn from BMH Berlin we had a Candian Corporal Lab Technician in our Path Lab where I worked and we had teh Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry around the area -- I went to the Canadian Maple Leaf Store and bought a Braun Hobby electronic flash for £14 when they were £ 39 in England because of all the Taxes !  I first tasted 'Peanut Butter' in Iserlohn as we had Canadian rations in the Cookhouse !BMH Iserlohn Canadi11
Back to top Go down
tomjobber
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-04-15

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Search my Grandfather   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime15/4/2020, 11:15

Gertrud Selle February 18, 1930 from Iserlohn Germany NRW Does anyone know anything? thanks Thomas Schenkel
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime15/4/2020, 18:32

nlivingstone60 wrote:
I was born in BMH Iserlohn in 1960 and visited last year, on my birthday, for the first time since I was born. The hospital is now divided between a business college and a boarding school. The caretaker allowed me to have a good look around. I was wondering if anyone remembers exactly where the maternity unit was in those days? I would also be interested if anyone could confirm that the Canadian flag flew alongside the British flag outside the building.

I have a friend here in Peachland whose wife was a civilian nurse in 'C' Block during his tour. She would know, and I'll let you know when I speak to them.
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime15/4/2020, 22:24

nlivingstone60 wrote:

It's me again, and I just realized you asked this question in 2014. Oh well, better late than never.

I spoke to Julie, and unfortunately she can't answer your question because she never worked in maternity. She spent her time in the Families and Officers' Ward and also Neurological Ward, and can't remember exactly where the maternity ward was located. She thinks it may have been in 'C' Block; however she remembers it wasn't an exclusively Canadian ward as a lot of British wives were also there so it could have been anywhere in the hospital.

Hopefully, there are some former RAMC/RCAMC types who may read this and can answer your question, assuming you haven't already received the answer over the past six years. I was only at BMH Iserlohn once. That was to help out with an emergency blood transfusion for which I discovered to my delight that the British Army had a very civilized custom of offering a beer (Iserlohner Pils) after the blood was drawn. A great improvement over coffee or tea and a biscuit.

Happy Times!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime16/4/2020, 11:27

My eldest son was born in BMH Iserlohn in 1967, if memory serves the Maternity ward was the third building along on the right hand side almost opposite the NAAFI. I can't remember if the Canadian flag was flown but I am sure that as a matter of courtesy it would have been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BMH Iserlohn Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMH Iserlohn   BMH Iserlohn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMH Iserlohn
Page 1 of 1