BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 44 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mayoralty election in London

Go down 
+2
ciphers
ritter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ritter
Maj
Maj
ritter

Number of posts : 265
Cap Badge : Royal Canadian Artillery
Places Served : CFB Valcartier, CFB Borden, AFVR Meaford, Ipperwash, CAN; Hannover, Putlos; 21 Fd Regt RCA(M)
Registration date : 2011-07-09

Mayoralty election in London Empty
PostSubject: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime11/5/2016, 04:58

To whom It may concern et al,
Please, would someone tell me what I just heard on CBC News that Sadig Khan being elected as the Mayor of London didn't really happen.

ritter
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

Number of posts : 978
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime11/5/2016, 14:23

Hi Ritter, I was thinking of you just a day or so back wondering how you were. Good to see you are still alive and kicking. The site is much quieter now, I guess the boys have other interests. No you heard right the Mayor of London is now the Right Worshipful (and that has me worried) Sadig Khan.
Best wishes always.

Len (Ciphers)
Back to top Go down
http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html
KIeler sprotten
WOII
WOII
KIeler sprotten

Number of posts : 80
Cap Badge : 13/18 ROYAL HUSSARS QMO
Places Served : Carlisle, NEUMUNSTER , Piddlehinton, Bovington
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime11/5/2016, 16:16

I am also shocked that the people of London did not vote for one of their own, is this just the Beginning?
Back to top Go down
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime12/5/2016, 15:30

But he is a Londoner, his dad was a bus driver. Perhaps it is his colour or religion that you find objectionable.
Back to top Go down
JPW
Let Gen
Let Gen

Number of posts : 1119
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Rotenburg Ploen Lippstadt Hamm Wetter Minden Munster Bielefeldt Dusseldorf
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime12/5/2016, 16:10

Len, Bob

Good to hear from you both

Matters Canadian are indeed somewhat quiet whilst Steve digests another source of information regarding 2nd Corps in Summer 1945

Thanks to you two, Dan M and others I seem to have all the published data on Canadian sponsored barrack names. Am still frustrated by lack of information on the 2/8 Brigade Headquarters in Sengwarden Wlhelmshaven. The exact date when the British, not Canadian, sponsored naming of Crerar Barracks Oldenburg is still not confirmed.

Far more earth shattering and more important was the confirmation that my home town Football Club, Leicester City, who I have supported through thick and thin for almost the past seventy years, have won the English Premier League and will be playing in major European Competitions next season.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime13/5/2016, 23:21

I was thinking along the lines of Ritter the other day and had the chance to speak to a friend in England who lives just outside of London (his 63 birthday). He was saying that possibly this might be a good thing for London as many see this gentleman as a real Londoner. Like our new P.M. we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope we don't turn this subject into a rant.
Back to top Go down
ritter
Maj
Maj
ritter

Number of posts : 265
Cap Badge : Royal Canadian Artillery
Places Served : CFB Valcartier, CFB Borden, AFVR Meaford, Ipperwash, CAN; Hannover, Putlos; 21 Fd Regt RCA(M)
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime14/5/2016, 21:15

Subject: Post Mayoralty Election Responses
Attention: JPW, Ciphers, Kieler sprotten, Goldmohur, Hardrations, et al,
JPW,
It was great to hear from you and I was very pleased to hear that you continue to plumb the depths of military research in your mission to list the names and places of the Canadian barracks assigned to the Canadian bases in Post War WW2. Unfortunately, I am not able to contribute anything further as my research in recent years as been confined to my five family tree histories which never seem to reach conclusion. Thank you again for our continued connection.
Ciphers,
It was good to hear from you in the great province of BC and kind of you to express your concern for my well being. When responding to this question from the locals, I usually respond with a line from a Country and Western tune," Hanging in , hanging out, and hanging on." However, I can report that I have been reinstated for "light duty" as a volunteer at the county nursing home following a hiatus of 14 months as a result of age related medical issues which I have temporarily overcome. LOL Nice to hear from you Len.
Kieler sprotten,
Thanks for sharing similar concerns which you expressed in regard to the results of the recent Mayoralty Election in London.
Goldmohur
Thank you for your views but I will not respond to the race card which you have played other than to say that it is not an issue with me. What is of concern is that the Islamic religion would have non Muslims accepting a religion and philosophy which is anchored in the Dark Ages.
Hardration
Good to hear from you as ever and hopefully our biased social media will eventually bring to light the mission of the newly elected Mayor of London.
Please be advised further that I will refrain from using the BAOR forum to address any concerns which I have on this issue and will respond when necessary via the PM avenue in the forum.

ritter
RCA, ubique
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime14/5/2016, 21:49

Spoken lik the true gentleman that you are.
Now what are you going to do about the Keystone XL Pipeline Project?

Len (Ciphers)
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime15/5/2016, 03:35

ciphers wrote:
Spoken lik the true gentleman that you are.  
Now what are you going to do about the Keystone XL Pipeline Project?

Len (Ciphers)

Run an illegal attachment pipe in, set up a black market petroleum cracking plant. Then sell the product in road way stands, in 1 Ltr. preserve jars. (Shades of Nigeria). Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime15/5/2016, 17:06

Now why didn't I think of that - 'umm! must have a word with the Matsqui Nation see what I can set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayoralty election in London   Mayoralty election in London Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayoralty election in London
Page 1 of 1