BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Looking for my father Michael

Go down 
+4
Hardrations
Teabag
Paul
Klaus_Schuette
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus_Schuette
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Looking for my father Michael Empty
PostSubject: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime28/12/2008, 13:30

I am born 08.01.1958 and I try to find my father via this forum. For about 50 years, I was sure, he was dead. However when I removed my mother into a new flat this year, I found an old picture, or to be precise, half of a picture. The name of the man on that picture is Michael. My mothers name was Inge Zement. Presently I cannot post that picture, I try to find a solution for that. On request, I will send the picture via E-Mail.
Thats all I know. He must have been in Celle as a soldier or even a civil employee beginning of 1957 ( calculated 9 months backwards from my date of birth). My mother doesn`t remember anything else. Why he left my mother is unclear. Maybe he was transfered to another unit? I am very sure, he doesn`t even know anything about me. According to the picture, he should be at least 75 years old now, if he is still alive.
Has anybody in this forum an idea, how to find out who this man was. I have no financial interests or anything like this. Since 1976 I am an officer in the German Airforce, presently as a LtCol.
Would be great, if anyone is able to help. Please contact:
klaus-dieter.schuette@gmx.de
Thanks for any help
Klaus
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime29/12/2008, 10:31

Personal Message and e-mail sent to you yesterday.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re:- Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime6/1/2009, 10:40

Here is a part photograph sent to me by Klaus. Click on the image for a bigger photograph.

Looking for my father Michael Scan0010

Michael was apparently never seen in uniform, and told Klaus's mother that he was an Officer.

Does his face ring any bells with anyone who was in the Celle area in the late 1950's?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Klaus_Schuette
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 12:52

Dear All,

in the meantime, my mother died 3rd August 2009. So no chance for me to get further information. However in her personal belongings, I found a name from the time I was born, which is Mr. Wilde. I never heard this name from my mother when she was living. I don`t know whether this fits to Michael, but at least it is a chance. So it could be, his compete name was "Michael Wilde". It could be. Does anyone see a chance for me, this information could be of help?

Kind regards

Klaus Schuette
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 16:42

Can't help but condolences on the loss of your mother.
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime15/8/2009, 21:53

Paul wrote:
Personal Message and e-mail sent to you yesterday.

Paul.

Paul, does the Legion in the UK have a Lost Trails column in it's magazine as the Canadian one does? If so this could assist Klaus.
Back to top Go down
Eddie Strike
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : Verden
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime2/9/2009, 12:07

Dear Klaus
I am afraid I do not reconise the man in the photograph, and the name of Wilde means nothing. I am so sorry to here of your mother, and I wish every success in your search
regards Eddie Strike
Back to top Go down
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime2/9/2009, 15:04

Michael was a fairly common name back in the 40's & 50's I am a Michael myself (Born 1953 at BMH Hannover so not your man)

Best bet is to try and find out was units were in the Celle area in 1957 and write to the Regimental Associations. Even where a Regiment disbanded or amalgamated there is usually still an Association even if the unit is called something else today.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime29/9/2009, 10:15

Klaus,

My sincere condolences to you and yours over the passing of your mother.

As you have probably noticed, I have been absent from the site for quite a while and am only just beginning to find my feet again.

As for the "Lost Trails", there is a similar item in the Legion magazine over here, but it can take some time for entries to be made. I will look out the contact details and send them on.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Goldmohur
WOII
WOII

Number of posts : 93
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Gutersloh, Duisburg, Bracht, Rheindahlen. Also Non BAOR, Blackdown, Corsham. Shoeburyness, Ty Croes, Aden, Bicester.
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime29/9/2009, 13:22

Hi Klaus,

I sympathise with you with your problem. Why not try the Headquarters in London of the Salvation Army? This is not as absurd as it might seem as they have an effective department which deals with the tracing of lost relatives.

I joined the Army in 1958 and arived in BAOR in Sep 1961 as the Berlin Wall was being erected.
Back to top Go down
oldtimer
WOII
WOII
oldtimer

Number of posts : 99
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Yeovil, Bunde, Lubbecke,camp du larzac, norway,rct winter training centre hinterstien, Aldershot,
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime29/9/2009, 13:36

klaus, you say your father might have been a soldier or civilian employee in 1957 in celle and you dont know why he left could he have also been based at raf celle?

The base was returned to the German government on 27 November 1957, and the site is now controlled by the German Bundeswehr (Federal Defence Force).[1]

Celle is now the "Celle Air Base", and home to the German Army Aviators Corps

could this be the reason your father left perhaps he was posted some where else or returned to the uk.

have had a look for other units based in celle in 1957 and have only come up with the black watch .

good luck in your search.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my father Michael   Looking for my father Michael Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for my father Michael
Page 1 of 1